Votes: 9 3.1%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters
It's looking very likely that Mykolaiv will soon be the centre of somewhat more attention. Should that, in turn, fall, then Odessa can only be resupplied from the sea, or from the West, in which eventuality, Transnistria becomes a player.
Odessa has the catacombs, but the Mariupol experience show that there are effective subterranean munitions.
What about the Highway that goes to Odessa from Kyiv, or indeed the railway from Lviv?

longhair

Old-Salt
A) Poor quality of what?
B) Given By who?

A: The growing capability, and capacity, specifically following a period of bad weather, and endemic plant rust. Pests/disease thrive in good soil too - sometimes very well.
B: Wheatcroft ( as mentioned earlier), Tauger (who although disagreeing with much, most even of what Wheatcroft says, agrees on this particular), Robert Davies. Others are easily discoverable.

Two strands to this; there is the political and the environmental. The first exploited the other.

A: The growing capability, and capacity, specifically following a period of bad weather, and endemic plant rust. Pests/disease thrive in good soil too - sometimes very well.
B: Wheatcroft ( as mentioned earlier), Tauger (who although disagreeing with much, most even of what Wheatcroft says, agrees on this particular), Robert Davies. Others are easily discoverable.

Two strands to this; there is the political and the environmental. The first exploited the other.
You don't seem all that confused.

Please for the love of whatever deity you prefer @AfghanAndy stop sneaking in Brexit related swipes at Remainers in this thread! It has no relevence to the debate...your opinions on Brexit as a Brexiteer are no more "Facts" then mine as a Remainer. We are as Remainers not an evil 5th column, we are your fellow citizens who have a different opinion on that matter!

Why can't you respect the mods request to not bring up anything Brexit related in this thread?! There are other threads on this forum for that, just give it a rest please!
That bout of verbal diarrhoea from him was the last straw. Added to my growing "Ignore" list.

That's why I suggest attention should be given to East Moldova/Trans.
No, you said attention should be given to Transnistria because there would be NO route to Odessa other than from the West if Mykolaiv falls (which is not in danger at the moment), when I have just pointed out that there is a highway running due North from Odessa and a railway running NNW.

I'd think a second crack at Kharkhiv is a no brainer.
They want Odesa and Kharkhiv and Odesa is unlikely so...
Add Mykolaiv near to Odesa to the list as well, it has all the major shipyards in it and is the last major industrial centre left in Ukraine after Kharkhiv. The simple reality is the Ukrainians need to push the Russians back onto the East side of the Dnieper, threatening Kharkhiv again prevents the Ukrainians being able to build up the mass they need to do that.

Putin and his gang of criminals are defiantly eying up another move on Kharkhiv again as well.

At my age? My son is going instead. Coy 2IC.
That's what you think. Your wagon's POLd up. Works ticket's signed and under the seat with the keys.

1656428076503.png

Add Mykolaiv near to Odesa to the list as well, it has all the major shipyards in it and is the last major industrial centre left in Ukraine after Kharkhiv.

Putin and his gang of criminals are defiantly eying up another move on Kharkhiv again as well.

Mykolaiv will definitely be on their list. They're going to have to prioritise though and Kharkhiv would seem to me to be on top. I'm sure Ukr know that which is why they have remained pretty busy N/NE of Kharkhiv.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Does the RLC Museum not already have a set? :D
My garage may as well be the RLC Museum.

ETA: Of course my esteemed colleague @Truxx has the real RLC Museum in his back yard….

Last edited:
How about we go in and skullfuck the Russians for a few generations, reverse the territory grab, help Ukraine rebuild and join us in a more modern society, stabilise European energy, which in turn would bring down the cost of living significantly, reinstall some pride in our cultural values and bring our Armed Forces up to a decent strength to help persuade others from being a dick.
Putin Walt.

(re Holodomor)
My confusion is not with the biochemistry, the agrarian practice, but the historical and politickal analysis. And in that respect there are some experts on this forum
I'm not sure why you are confused.

The Holodomor was caused by Stalin's policies. The Ukraine had been forcibly made part of the new USSR and Stalin was concerned by the country's strong independent national and cultural identity. He therefore collectivised all the farms, arrested the more successful landowners (the 'kulaks'), and made free movement unlawful. He then set unrealistic quotas for the new collective farms and declared all grain from them to be state property.

This resulted in starvation and a consequential genocide of the Ukrainian people, close to 4 million dying as a direct result of Stalin's decrees.

It isn't that confusing, really.

Forget aspirin and substitute a gallon or three of industrial strength vodka.
In my next life I want to be Royal Artillery, I love big bangs.
I'm impressed by the fact that none of the nearby buildings were hit.

longhair

Old-Salt
No, you said attention should be given to Transnistria because there would be NO route to Odessa other than from the West if Mykolaiv falls (which is not in danger at the moment), when I have just pointed out that there is a highway running due North from Odessa and a railway running NNW.

The M-05 is vulnerable to bilateral attack from Transnistria and Mykolaiv. The railway is well within range of Mykolaiv. Note that Vinnytska, through which the railway runs, far to the North, was being targeted in the last hour ...

Latest Threads