• By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters
Report from Kharkhiv.
The men on the ground think the Russians will try them next.
It might be that the Russians now think that they have a working tactical plan, after Sieverodonetsk, they might try a big city again.

Any reason why the UN are so quiet, ie, pro-Rus nations vetoing action?
Russia is a member of the UNSC and will likely veto any sanctions that come via that body. It also has a lot of allies around the world, making passing anything in the UN difficult.

That being said, the UN did initially criticise the Russians at the start but have been quiet since.

Brooker

Old-Salt
Google Translate plugin is available from Chrome store for Chrome based browsers. It is very useful.

Could do with a translator for Ukranian TV (ETA - found one - bottom of post). This lady gave an impassioned speech before delivering some excellent singing. Some Ukranian troops are in the audience. There were a few moistened eyes in the audience during this song. What a great voice she has.

View attachment 673374
Then she launched in to an up tempo, positive song.
View attachment 673375

Here is the home page for the channel Новини 24, останні події, свіжі репортажі, ексклюзиви | Телеканал 24 There are various others but during the conflict, many have been streaming the same material, for understandable reasons. Lots of articles are linked on the home page with a brief summary. The Google translate plug in makes it easy to translate the page.

View attachment 673379

There are various ways in which to view Ukranian TV on the Internet.
https://u24.ua/online
24 TV live TV.
Ukrainian TV - TV from Ukraine.

New! ETA - English translation is available from 0600 to 0200 EET Y24 English live TV.

Top man, I'll try it, although WarTranslated - Dmitri Masinski is still a great resource, for the translation of the intercepted calls and other nuance :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Probably something to do with Rus being on the Security Council with a Veto.
Yet no one questioning the legality of Russia taking over that seat from the USSR?

The point there was the explosive rounds breaking up beyond the door and shredding stuff. You can do the same with a shotgun but it's not as much fun.

As a support weapon I quite like the idea. Ukes might even have some if they've bought his other kit. Would have been very useful in the tunnels under Azovstal I reckon.
Noted, but why re-invent the China Lake pump action M79 which was definitely more badass?
Thread/ and, as you say, ideal for tunnel and trench clearing, FISH and CHIPS and the like.

Wader 2

War Hero
Yet no one questioning the legality of Russia taking over that seat from the USSR?
"Andrei Andreyevich Gromyko was a Soviet Belarusian communist politician and diplomat during the Cold War. He served as Minister of Foreign Affairs and as Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet. Gromyko was responsible for many top decisions on Soviet foreign policy until he retired in 1988."
He became the first Federation Ambassador to the UN. Clearly Russe through and through.
Wiki has a useful short article on the succession :

Noted, but why re-invent the China Lake pump action M79 which was definitely more badass?
Thread/ and, as you say, ideal for tunnel and trench clearing, FISH and CHIPS and the like.

Plenty of other uses, not just tunnel clearing, and the 20mm projectile lends itself to loads of cool applications. Stick it in a cut down cartridge, hand carried, magazine fed semi auto and go out and play. Nice for infantry to drop exploding ordnance on dug in positions or put rounds through windows in FIBUA that can seriously disturb defenders from a position 300m away.

Russia is a member of the UNSC and will likely veto any sanctions that come via that body. It also has a lot of allies around the world, making passing anything in the UN difficult.

That being said, the UN did initially criticise the Russians at the start but have been quiet since.

Russia has just 4 allies: North Korea, Eritrea, Syria, and Belarus. China abstained.

" The United Nations has voted overwhelmingly to adopt a resolution condemning Russian aggression, with 141 countries voting in favour, 35 abstaining, and only five voting against "

Not much the U.N. can do without a security council resolution - and that's not going to happen.

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
I’m not quoting Top Funny, the EA-18G, B-2 (possible), F-35 reportedly are all capable of decimating Russian AD assets on paper and what we have seen, they are far less effective than even on toilet paper.

It seems the UKEs, under attack by a huge military can still fly and Russia can still get shot down.

Introduce SEAD, B2, Type 45 and Patriot etc. then you don’t have Top Gun scenarios, you have skies that even a B-52 can bumble along dropping PGMs.

AFAIK, that’s NATO strategy, even A-10 could operate after NATO opened the door.

But excuse my hard on for air power, that’s all I have to say as it’s imaginary and not on topic really.
I thought it was common knowledge that the Israelies know how to get through/evade the Russian S-300 and S-400 AD systems. It's something they frequently do. If they know then you can bet your bottom dollar that the US also know.

Chief of the General Staff has just called Op Mobilise on Sky News,
dig out your reservist kit !

Full mobilisation of the British military to start.
Stated that Reservists will start to be called up along with key civilians
008B6EFB-3645-4EDD-AD58-6DE4631062AF.jpeg

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Chief of the General Staff has just called Op Mobilise on Sky News,
dig out your reservist kit !

Full mobilisation of the British military
Wait out. I’m not sure thats what he means.

Slime

LE
I thought it was common knowledge that the Israelies know how to get through/evade the Russian S-300 and S-400 AD systems. It's something they frequently do. If they know then you can bet your bottom dollar that the US also know.

Do tell more about this ‘common knowledge’ you speak of :)

The latest from my colleagues in Ukraine:

Russian army launched 11 missiles at Mykolaiv overnight. Also Ochakiv was shelled. 3 dead, 6 wounded. 6 years old girl among dead, 3 month old baby among wounded in intensive care

Latest Threads