• Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
BTW if anyone wants to listen to a multi-cultural Ukraine space then the Walter Report is really interesting, it does get heated at times BUT Importantly, everyone there except the occasional troll is there for one reason and that's Ukraine. They have some great speakers one at least is no longer with us, Roman a Ukrainian soldier who used to speak often but was patroling and sadly died.
A seriously great twitter space

The names not selling it, ave a word will ya...

Brooker

Old-Salt
You know it's not top trumps. You could have given all this kit to the Ukrainian military back in 2015 and they would have likely folded when the Russians invaded.

What they needed and got was an absolute overhaul of their military to get it out of the Soviet mindset and up to NATO standard, much like we did with the old Eastern bloc countries now in NATO. Certain countries put in the groundwork so its only right others pick up the tab now, even though they're late to the party.

As someone who has been following this conflict since 2014 on and off I find it quite irksome that is presented as if it only happened. There has been plenty of time to enable Ukraine to defend itself.

Except when no-one picks up the TAB it's all gone to shit!

Sure we helped but really are we now saying we did our bit, it's someone else's turn??

There are many here that have followed Ukraine since before even 2014, as you said it's not top trumps, our help is not enough and it should continue!

BECAUSE when people say we've done our bit someone needs to take over then tragic results happen.

How about we settle for the primary concern is the people of Ukraine and regardless of what we did, it's not enough and they need more.

Just saying, appreciate it can be irritating, but way worse for Ukraine, time to talk about annoyances is when this is done and dusted over a pint or 2 don't you think? :)

Brooker

Old-Salt
The entire air campaign was a f*ck up. Huge amounts of effort for not a lot of military gain.

They even managed to target an obvious mobile crane because somebody in the head shed had convinced themselves it was a Scud launcher.

You don’t hit embassies…..unless you’re barbaric like Russia .
Or completely incompentent, I've seen a fair few that fit that.. ;)

One, brilliant mine placement ,

Two , we are stronk , look how fast I can go . Oh boom .

Go fast to reduce the chances of being hit by a missile, no time to recce the ground ahead.

Go slow to see what you are driving across and you make yourself an easier target for a missile.

d90363_a2a81acaeef5412a879a14bd10c104eb~mv2.png

The Ukranian sappers who put the mine their chose their ground well - they must have been expecting "hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle". I'll bet they also mined the edges of the wood off to the right and also the small tree line to the left of the road...

Last edited:

Brooker

Old-Salt
Go fast to reduce the chances of being hit by a missile, no time to recce the ground ahead.

Go slow to see what you are driving across and you make yourself an easier target for a missile.

d90363_a2a81acaeef5412a879a14bd10c104eb~mv2.png

The Ukranian sappers who put the mine their chose their ground well - they must have been expecting "hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle". I'll bet they also mined the edges of the wood off to the right and also the small tree line to the left of the road...
That's what sappers do, we're sneaky *******...

NSP

LE

Go fast because you can see all the shell craters around you and don't want to be caught in a bombardment on a ready-sighted bit of ground when the drone/artillery spotter hiding in the trees gets eyes on you?

Then hit a mine.

As said, carefully-crafted mine placement by the Uke's.

I should have thought about it more, but both missiles hit the same target so it appears deliberate, as you've confirmed there is evidence they do have accurate weapons, I cannot fathom the stupidity propaganda wise of doing something like this deliberately.

It also calls into question Russian targeting - this was the best target they could think of? They must be blind to whats going on inside Ukraine.

On a different note there are hints they are running low on ammo, at least at the front line, with Russian artillery apparently rather quiet today...

The audience wasn't Ukraine, it was in Bavaria,

"See what we can do"

I didn't know the BBC had a Ukranian journalist working with them. Here is a short video of her visit to her bombed home:

BBC’S Olga Malchevska was live on air on the BBC World Service when she saw the first images of her childhood home in the aftermath of a Russian attack.

Olga’s home was the first one shelled by Russia near Kyiv on 25 February.

She’s now had a chance to return to see the extent of the damage left behind and the impact on her family and dozens others living in the large soviet-style residential bloc.

Nope. That would be Iran, who had their oil and gas sector crippled by global UN sanctions.
The current round against Russia is piecemeal and only enforced by the West.
Any reason why the UN are so quiet, ie, pro-Rus nations vetoing action?

As in get European mindset farther away from appeasement
More telling the Ffrench, Germans, and Eyetalians that they can touch what they want to.

Unfortunately for them, hitting civilians, and UKr hitting stuff at will, mitigates against them.

So yes, in answer to your question.

Probably something to do with Rus being on the Security Council with a Veto.
After the failure of the League of Nations to prevent WW2 it makes you wonder why that eventuality was missed/ignored in the writing of the UN charter.

Here's an interesting translation of an intercepted call by the Ukr GUR, I've found they really do give insights into how Russian troops are thinking.
WarTranslated is run by Dmitri and posts a lot on twitter, in the early days he was the only way I could get translations until I learned you can use google lense for translations

Google Translate plugin is available from Chrome store for Chrome based browsers. It is very useful.

Could do with a translator for Ukranian TV (ETA - found one - bottom of post). This lady gave an impassioned speech before delivering some excellent singing. Some Ukranian troops are in the audience. There were a few moistened eyes in the audience during this song. What a great voice she has.

1656372744094.png

Then she launched in to an up tempo, positive song.
1656372806650.png

Here is the home page for the channel Новини 24, останні події, свіжі репортажі, ексклюзиви | Телеканал 24 There are various others but during the conflict, many have been streaming the same material, for understandable reasons. Lots of articles are linked on the home page with a brief summary. The Google translate plug in makes it easy to translate the page.

1656373522673.png

There are various ways in which to view Ukranian TV on the Internet.
https://u24.ua/online
24 TV live TV.
Ukrainian TV - TV from Ukraine.

New! ETA - English translation is available from 0600 to 0200 EET Y24 English live TV.

Last edited: