• Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters

kandak01

War Hero
*warning explicit content *
people need to understand atrocities are being carried out by both sides. While i can´t varify who is really killing who..the video does say Ukranians are essentialy murdering Russian troops.

This video is from early in the war.
IIRC, the shooter was identified as a Georgian fighting for Ukraine.

There was also a possible/probable prisoner execution video in a dairy near Kharkov around the same time, after which Zelensky went on TV to tell his troops to obey the rules of war.

Contrast that with the widespread documented Russian atrocities, and Putin awarding the Guards title to the murderers of Buchan civilians.

I'd be astonished if some Ukes aren't killing Russian POWs, but it's not an informal national policy, unlike the Russians.

Re that footage appearing to be of wounded soldiers being killed, and dated from March according to AlJazeera, wasn’t that exhaustively discussed before and the likely conclusion appeared to be that the perpetrators were Georgian volunteers on the Ukr side. I would need to watch again but some of the footage looked very familiar.

One difference on first impression is that while there were glimpses of Ukr insignia before, the flag symbols seem much brighter than before as if they have been, not invented, but digitally enhanced. Just a first impression though.

chrismcd

Old-Salt
Hmmm...

Didn't the boxheeds in the second global unpleasantness have suicide boats they could run into a harbour, aim at a target and bail off the rear to await pick up by friendlies? Never really took off but there were some trials as I recall.
Wah on -The Italians - and they sank HMS York at Crete. wah off

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
silly statement. a war crime is a war crime regardless who did it.
It is but the Russian war crimes are systematic and a matter of policy. War crimes committed by Ukrainians are committed by individuals against the wishes of their government and chain of command.

You are seeking to draw an equivalence between Russia and Ukraine. I wonder why?

What happened to that Ru general who was using a magnifying glass to look at his computer screen? He had a touch of credibility about his persona. Reckon he could've bought some no-nonsense heroism to the battlefield.

What happened to that Ru general who was using a magnifying glass to look at his computer screen? He had a touch of credibility about his persona. Reckon he could've bought some no-nonsense heroism to the battlefield.
Fingers crossed he got "promoted" to 200.

What with social media being what it is these days, it shouldn't beyond the realms of possibility to find personal accounts for the crews of various Ru bombers hitting civvy targets across Ukraine and direct their attentions, and the attentions of their contacts to what they've been hitting. And the names of the civvies they've been hitting.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
What with social media being what it is these days, it shouldn't beyond the realms of possibility to find personal accounts for the crews of various Ru bombers hitting civvy targets across Ukraine and direct their attentions, and the attentions of their contacts to what they've been hitting. And the names of the civvies they've been hitting.
I’m sure some of them may care but it would appear that most would not.

fannyb

Clanker
Hmmm...

Didn't the boxheeds in the second global unpleasantness have suicide boats they could run into a harbour, aim at a target and bail off the rear to await pick up by friendlies? Never really took off but there were some trials as I recall.
The Italians did I think.

The Italians did I think.
Yes. Italy developed both manned torpedoes and 'explosive motorboats', but they were not designed to be suicide craft. Instead, the operators would bail out at the last minute. They were quite effective at harbour attacks.

Bringing it all up to date, a stealthy suicide UUV could potentially cause all manner of issues in somewhere like Sevastopol.

964ST

LE
silly statement. a war crime is a war crime regardless who did it.
Correct, the fact that there are dodgy fookers on both sides? Does not mitigate responsibility!
If the Ukrainians can maintain the Moral High Ground and not cross into the dark side of war and deal with their own questionable operatives in a legal open way then that is how it should be!
The Russians on the other hand are accepting rape,murder and atrocities as Normal Daily activities without any accountability?

You presume that they would either care or believe that it wasn't 'fake news'?

If tasked to throw large missiles at cities, I doubt that the pilots would be in any doubt as to the potential for civilian casualties. Whilst that sort of casual acceptance of significant collateral damage by planners might have been understandable back in the days of dropping unguided bombs from 30,000 feet with no GPS navigation, it is less acceptable in the C21st.

The pilots and weapons operators are almost certainly aware of the effects of their attacks, but they are being ordered to do so and quite possibly see what they are doing as morally justified. Would a Vulcan bomber crew have refused to drop Blue Steel if they had been shown footage of Hiroshima? I suspect that every such crewman had seen the footage and was very aware of the effects of the weapons. Yet I also suspect that very few, if any, would have refused to participate in an attack.

At the very real risk of being trite; war is rarely a nice event.

XXLBelly

On ROPS
On ROPs
Correct, the fact that there are dodgy fookers on both sides? Does not mitigate responsibility!
If the Ukrainians can maintain the Moral High Ground and not cross into the dark side of war and deal with their own questionable operatives in a legal open way then that is how it should be!
The Russians on the other hand are accepting rape,murder and atrocities as Normal Daily activities without any accountability?
all i see is Russians being killed in the western media, also unless you are there then you can´t really believe all the anti Russian media.

Latest Threads