• By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters
Ooh - target rich environment for an "accident."
...just leave the lantern on the corner of that box Oleg,, it wont fall over when the the trains goes round a corner...

whistle.gif

This is bonkers and brilliant at the same time.

This reminds me of the handover in Beijing before the 2012 Olympics. You may recall that a Double Decker came rolling slowly out, at that point I was thinking FFS, and then the first bars of "Whole Lotta Love" sounded and it sort of dropped into place for me. They don't think of us the way we do. Either positively or negatively.

Good point. I wonder if the Russians are worried about a coup in Belarus and the military siding with Ukraine. i.e. sending the Ukes ammo etc.
There may be an element of that. I'd imagine its just the next lowest hanging fruit for the Russians but less reliable locations will likely be stripped first.

I thought some might find this video interesting. It is a 27min interview with an aero engineer in Ukraine who builds small drones for their armed forces. It goes in to some reasons on why they're doing what they're doing technology wise and also some of their experiences (trying to build/solder whilst there is a battle not far away rattling windows for example!).

If I follow that correctly at 21:30 the Engineers Maximes(?) reply includes a mention of using drones to distribute "medicine". Quick clot to troops perhaps or to civilians who can't be reached?

stresser

Old-Salt
If I follow that correctly at 21:30 the Engineers Maximes(?) reply includes a mention of using drones to distribute "medicine". Quick clot to troops perhaps or to civilians who can't be reached?
You could drop IFAKs for example. There has been a fair amount of work around the world in using drones to distribute/deliver defibs too. Depending on how far you are willing to go, and using larger drones, you could have blood products/saline sent from storage to point of use as well. It comes down to how much trust you're going to put in the system. There was a lot of talk of using drones for covid sample collections etc. I'm not a fan of using them to transfer anything infectious in case of failure, but, the capability is there.

It's good to see Operator Starski again, but I wish he'd lose the 'you guys' dribble; a feature of every YouTube production by every ham Yank with a video camera, a basement or bedroom and an immensely interesting subject on which he's a self-proclaimed expert. Starski is, of course, a PR professional who has to appeal to that audience, I suppose, so he's pretty well bound to the conventions. I tend to think that he could be doing better.

Back in our day furriners used to learn english from tv, films and the lyrics of pop songs. Nowadays it is more likely they learn it from the various online media, so what we consider cheesy is probably how they think we speak normally.

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
There may be an element of that. I'd imagine its just the next lowest hanging fruit for the Russians but less reliable locations will likely be stripped first.
Either that or the Russians are beginning to run out of their own ammo. But we have been told that their ammo supplies are essentially unlimited so that can't be the case.

Either way, it reduces the chances of Ukraine being hit from the north, which is good.

nightnurse

Old-Salt
I suspect if we press-ganged the kids of today and issued them Lee Enfields they'd be less than motivated as well. ;)
bit unfair maybe? but my dad used to say the ones that joined up will have your back the ones that were called up are just as likely to stab you in it - he was on about National Service

This reminds me of the handover in Beijing before the 2012 Olympics. You may recall that a Double Decker came rolling slowly out, at that point I was thinking FFS, and then the first bars of "Whole Lotta Love" sounded and it sort of dropped into place for me. They don't think of us the way we do. Either positively or negatively.

It’s Psyops something the Ukrainians have perfectly displayed since the start

Remember the video of Russian fighters attacking Paris? Wasn’t there one for London too ?

Katsap is derived from 'Kak Tsap' = Like Goat (in Ukrainian).
Most of Russian commoners were bearded especially in the Northers parts of the country due to customs and cold climate. By contrast most of Ukrainians used to shave beards due to local climate and habits.
So a Russian in Ukraine looked like a goat.

That’s the version I remember, derived from goat. In the link, the illustration top right is Ten Commandments for Young Girls, one of them being Never Love a Katsapa, showing him being given the boot.

If the Uke's were able to drive a wedge into part of the occupied territory that took them all the way to the internationally recognised border, opening up a corridor a few miles wide or - well, any width, I s'pose - then, theoretically, hand grenades "could hit Russia" so are the Yanks not, or going to stop, supplying such items, for example?

Also, as far as Vlad' is concerned all the Uke' territory his forces and the separatists control is "Russia" so - well; where is the line in the sand drawn...?

If the Uke's have the ability to target force concentrations or strategic infrastructure in Russia then my view is that they should be free to do so, regardless of where they source the means from. It's their country that is being invaded and their war. They should be free to prosecute it as they see fit - albeit seizing the moral high ground from the Sov's by conducting it within "the rules" and not deliberately targetting SOVCIVPOP.
I’m in compete agreement. The Russian artillery units firing from Russia into Kharkiv are legitimate targets as far as I’m concerned. As it the bridge into the Crimea.

Interesting if true. Looks like the Russians are using up stocks at a vast rate.

Raised that question the other week how much Ru was burning through and how much they had in reserve, According to Ukraine they are firing up to 60k of shells per day very soon the stores will be empty.

On that twitter link though good point that if Belarus is stripping it's ammo dumps to feed the Ru logistics demands then other than cause mischief around the border they are in no position to cross and invade.

Latest Threads