Votes: 9 3.2%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 24.1%

• Total voters
Sorry to once again bring facts to the table.

Point 1. Yanukovych resigned. He legged it. He voted with his feet. He abdicated.

Sorry, but Wrong again, as the constitution laid down the only circumstances in which resignation could take place:

Article 109
The resignation of the President of Ukraine enters into force from the moment he or she personally announces the statement of resignation at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

So, once again, you’ve been proven to be making stuff up. If he hasn’t resigned, he hasn’t resigned. Parliament don’t just get to make stuff up when it suits them, that’s why countries have constitutions.

most of America couldn't give 2 fecks about Ukraine when they currently cant get Baby Formula to feed their babies and inflation is upwards of 8% and growing! Likewise, around the rest of the world, the current sympathy and support for Ukraine will increasingly wither as fuel, fertilizer and grain gets increasing difficult to obtain and prices increase exponentially - kinda difficult for western politicians to justify spending billions on Ukraine when your population is screaming and wailing about not being able to afford food and heating - not that i'm in anyway wishing Ukraine to lose support but that is the reality that our politicians will be confronted with
And yet, should Ukraine lose, do they realise the impact that Vlad will have on the very same product?. He will milk the EU for every damn Euro he can get, in fact he would be able to get their EUSSR in very short order. That's the flip side of warm water ports, not only can you export without interference, you can can control others exports and imports, which is of course, what the EU are doing to us re NI

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer

I've seen footage from Irag of the same type of thing, but from inside the vehicle. Lucky b**tards. I expect the IED will be tweaked and the next crew won't be so fortunate.

ISW report.
Unusually emotional tone for analysis.
The authors are clearly baffled, and can say what the Russians are doing, but not why they are doing it, and are completely baffled as to the way they are going about it.

They might as well have just written:
"WTF are they doing?!"

It mentions the new Ukrainian push in Kherson, but does not assess it with any certainty.

Also the usual Russian criminality and occupation tactics in Mariupol.
I'd be a bit wary about the assessment that the offensive at the operational and strategic levels will have culminated.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sorry to once again bring facts to the table.

Point 1. Yanukovych resigned. He legged it. He voted with his feet. He abdicated.

Why are you having so much difficulty grasping the historical reality?

Now, I notice you use the word formally when trying to argue your point with irrelevant comparisons. Is your argument based soley upon whether Yanukovych's resignation was formal or informal? Do you then have a gripe about how the Parliament dealt with the informality of his resignation?

The Ukrainian constitution had/has no procedure for dealing with a President who had resigned informally by stomping off in a hissy fit without formally tendering his resignation as required by Ukrainian law. So Parliament debated and came up with a solution.
I have put this lab rat creature on ignore and I think it would be better if everyone to ignore him but if his logic was taken to it’s logical conclusion any Government in Russia after the overthrow and murder of the Tzar is illegal and unconstitutional. The war criminal Putin is is an imposter.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And yet, should Ukraine lose, do they realise the impact that Vlad will have on the very same product?. He will milk the EU for every damn Euro he can get, in fact he would be able to get their EUSSR in very short order. That's the flip side of warm water ports, not only can you export without interference, you can can control others exports and imports, which is of course, what the EU are doing to us re NI
Opportunity to make the EU part of the USSR? Success for Vlad?

I'd be a bit wary about the assessment that the offensive at the operational and strategic levels will have culminated.
IMHO Russian short term planning is to declare immediate victory in Lugansk, then try for the bigger envelopment to take Donetsk by end of year.
That gives them the whole Donbass, 'de Nazified', Russian speakers safely annexed, mission accomplished.

Meanwhile, hoping for political fatigue in the West forcing Zelensky to accept that and the loss of the Sea of Azov as fait accompli.

Armistice, Minsk III, repeat war in a year or so.

Sorry, but Wrong again, as the constitution laid down the only circumstances in which resignation could take place:

Article 109
The resignation of the President of Ukraine enters into force from the moment he or she personally announces the statement of resignation at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

Err, wrong again.

Yanukovych failed to comply with the Ukrainian constitution. He failed to "... personally announce the statement of resignation at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine." .

Parliament found Yanukovych in breach of the constitution and to have de facto resigned through his actions - in paricular the member of his actions. Parliament this debated and voted and turned his de facto in de jure.

So, once again, you’ve been proven to be making stuff up. If he hasn’t resigned, he hasn’t resigned. Parliament don’t just get to make stuff up when it suits them, that’s why countries have constitutions.

So, once again, you’ve been proven to be arguing a nonsense to support a false narrative.

Making laws is precisely what most Parliaments are for. So yes, in that sense making things up is their principle role. And in circumstances where the constitution has no provision for a given circumstance, Parliament is indeed the correct place to find a solution/resolution.

It would probably help if you knew the difference between the status and roles of the elected government (headed by the prime minister) and the office of president. Not understanding this undermines the effect of your emotional outpourings

Who exactly started shooting protesters?

Can't be arsed watching it, does it include top forensic analysis such as

"However, the sounds of gunshots in the specific moments when Kemsky and other protesters in the area were killed indicate use of rifles or shotguns, because these shots resembled sounds of whips and not shorter sounds of AK assault rifles that the special company of the Berkut was shooting from."

from someone who wasn't there and isn't qualified?

Bloater is

Old-Salt
I think I punched some HE into an old Chieftain hulk last year. I say think, because it was a shapeless hunk of metal.

There is however, one in good condition up in whinny Hill in Catterick. The retired WO1 in charge of the urban training facility ensures it gets painted every year, because it overlooks his office.

Add that to the one in bovvy and the old German gift outside Castlemartin and I think we've got a troop of tank hulls ready for upgrade!
Get a good welder on that one that's cut in half :)

IMHO Russian short term planning is to declare immediate victory in Lugansk, then try for the bigger envelopment to take Donetsk by end of year.
That gives them the whole Donbass, 'de Nazified', Russian speakers safely annexed, mission accomplished.

Meanwhile, hoping for political fatigue in the West forcing Zelensky to accept that and the loss of the Sea of Azov as fait accompli.

Armistice, Minsk III, repeat war in a year or so.
Prolly something like that, they need a very visible defeat. ETA this thread which looks at vehicle kill claims dropping and asks if the UkAF are on th epoint of collapse or the RuSSians are running out of kit

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It would probably help if you knew the difference between the status and roles of the elected government (headed by the prime minister) and the office of president. Not understanding this undermines the effect of your emotional outpourings

Who exactly started shooting protesters?

More sophistry - you're trying to create a legalistic mirage of separation of powers where none existed in practice. Before you post again, I suggest you spend the rest of the weekend reading up on the prevailing constitutional settlement at the time (and how it was forced through) and Yanukovych's role and activities during the crisis.

D

Deleted 139028

As I recall the Chieftain upgrade programme was halted when scans of the hulls showed worse than expected wear on the bellies-probably from years of scraping on Saltau etc. That is how Challenger 2 came about, to replace Chieftain-with the Challenger 1s to get re-turreted.
Chieftain was replaced by CR1 which was basically an upgraded Chieftain, sharing many components particularly in the turret. CR2 was a completely different beast and shares virtually no components with its predecessors.

We sold off all our CR1s so, unless we buy them back (why would we) and gift them to Ukraine after spending millions in time (lots of it) and money refurbishing them they are not available, nor is Chieftain in any Battlworthy state or numbers and to get any to a Battlworthy state for Ukraine would not be very cost effective or timely at all.

There is nothing wrong with the MBTs the Ukrainians have, at least comparable as they are to those in use by the bastard russians. The West can help to upgrade them slightly to improve their effectiveness and I'm fairly confident that will be underway in some form. Giving them modern Western MBTs during a conflict with the bastard russians probably won't happen. As can be seen by Ukraines armed forces regularly malleting the bastard russians alles uber der platz they learned Western tactics very well and quickly, upgrading their MBTs will most likely, with the better tactical know how, enable them to last much longer on the Battlefield than otherwise.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Article 109

That's pretty much what the Ukrainian Parliament did on behalf of Yanukovych when they revised the constitution - or didn't you know that?

D

Deleted 139028

To clarify, my dislike is for the political leaders who though they have a difficult situation regarding energy seem to be really dragging their feet in regard to constructive timely support to Ukraine when every day counts. I have served alongside the Kriegsmarine as a gunner on one of their destroyers on swap and also visited with the French Marine (minesweeper), odd food wine with lunch and hiked through Normandy. The issue is not the Countries it is with a section of the political class.
I do wish people wouldn't use the words political and class in the same sentence, unless they are descibing a certain Ukrainian ex comedian that is :)

That's pretty much what the Ukrainian Parliament did on behalf of Yanukovych when they revised the constitution - or didn't you know that?

Though Its hardly Yanukovych's fault that the 2004 constitutional amendments weren't done through the proper process... or maybe you didn't bother reading back that far?

Latest Threads