Votes: 9 3.2%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 24.1%

• Total voters
There was no President to impeach. Yanukovych removed himself from office.

Article 108. The President of Ukraine shall exercise his powers until the assumption of office by the newly elected President of Ukraine.

The authority of the President of Ukraine shall be subject to an early termination in cases of:
1) resignation;
2) inability to exercise presidential authority for health reasons;
3) removal from office by the procedure of impeachment;
4) his/her death.

None of those preconditions was fulfilled, therefore legally he was still president, wherever he was located. It’s like the Queen, she’s still Queen until she either dies or formally abdicates - as with Edward viii His Majesty’s Declaration of Abdication Act 1936

Sorry to once again bring uncomfortable facts to the table.

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
There is a letter 'S'. You can trust me on this, my first degree is Russian.
You have more than one degree? Gosh, you must be soooo clever :wink:

Go on, tell us what your other degrees are in!

@Krautman This is a good call IMO, as I've said, the strongest criticism I've seen has been from within Germany. Scholz is like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Is he invulnerable politically?

Reading that, and @Blindjustice 's post after it, makes me wonder whether we choose our national leaders carefully enough. Should there be a set of filters with 'principle' and 'moral compass', among others, in their selection processes? In Britain, we allowed Blair to get through; in Germany....

Not to mention ffrance, Italy and most definitely the USA.

It's not good enough.

NSP

LE
So you're in the pay of the Russian oligarchy? We have our eyes on you, matros.
I just ride around on 'em. I don't drive the damn things. Nor am I Russian.

@Krautman This is a good call IMO, as I've said, the strongest criticism I've seen has been from within Germany. Scholz is like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Is he invulnerable politically?

I wonder about this ‘mood in Russia swinging to we can win this thing’.

What is their definition of win?
In what way do they think anything has changed?
Did some of them think differently ever?

I think it’s hype to try and scare the West into doing more. No issues with that, just noting the orcs have massively reduced their front due to Ukraines defensive tactics and offensive pushes corralling Russia to the NE and the regions they are in.

the Ukes may be just re-organising and rearming slowly pulling back to defensive lines where they can once again control the newly reduced Russian front.

Ukes on the offensive in the Kherson region, not sure how limited this is but hopefully they can drive the Orcs back

Screenshot_20220529-022316_LiveUAMap.jpg

Reading that, and @Blindjustice 's post after it, makes me wonder whether we choose our national leaders carefully enough. Should there be a set of filters with 'principle' and 'moral compass', among others, in their selection processes? In Britain, we allowed Blair to get through; in Germany....

Not to mention ffrance, Italy and most definitely the USA.

It's not good enough.

The problem, as I see it, is two fold:

1. They are the only buggers willing to invest the time to stand for election. A note on that: A mate moved into Wootton Bassett when it was expanding in the early 80's and he was dis-chuffed with aspects of the local management. Come election time he spent the evenings of a few weeks door knocking and asking people if they wanted something better. He was elected to the council. Further, I have previously mentioned my effete, biscuit game playing, Eton educated nephew. He was elected to his local council when he was in his mid 20's, he moved to treasurer of the local Conservative wotsit, and is now the Chairman in his mid 30's.....he has councillors with him that are just out of bloody nappies.

2. Enough gullible people believe their patter and kissing babies heads routine.

If you are minded to do it then it is not difficult.

ISW report.
Unusually emotional tone for analysis.
The authors are clearly baffled, and can say what the Russians are doing, but not why they are doing it, and are completely baffled as to the way they are going about it.

They might as well have just written:
"WTF are they doing?!"

It mentions the new Ukrainian push in Kherson, but does not assess it with any certainty.

Also the usual Russian criminality and occupation tactics in Mariupol.

They might fit, but will be picked up using acoustic listening devices.

No middle-aged man can get through a small hatch without accompanying 'ooohs' and 'aaars'.
True, true and don't even think about dismounting without explosive over pressure. At least according to the Mem.

DesktopCommando

On ROPS
On ROPs
What does Germany have available now? They're supplying Leo to Czechia already aren't they?

I don't think Scholz is being a star here but Poland isn't helping things, as I said previously, this should all be discussed in house at NATO. Alliances are just that, full of weak points to be exploited by the enemy if you let them.
Yeah but where's the quote from - a Newspaper - twisting sound bites, paraphrasing ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Article 108. The President of Ukraine shall exercise his powers until the assumption of office by the newly elected President of Ukraine.

The authority of the President of Ukraine shall be subject to an early termination in cases of:
1) resignation;
2) inability to exercise presidential authority for health reasons;
3) removal from office by the procedure of impeachment;
4) his/her death.

None of those preconditions was fulfilled, therefore legally he was still president, wherever he was located. It’s like the Queen, she’s still Queen until she either dies or formally abdicates - as with Edward viii His Majesty’s Declaration of Abdication Act 1936

Sorry to once again bring uncomfortable facts to the table.

You do for facts what Jimmy Saville did for childcare - you've simply brought your usual sophistic nonsense.

You're cynically applying a selective legalistic argument to a situation where the 'elected' government had clearly stepped outside of its own legal system and used indiscriminate lethal force against civilians and on a sufficient scale for the EU to threaten sanctions if there was no de-escalation.

If you hold both sides to the same legal standard, which we know you have a pathological aversion to, Yanukovych lost any claim to legitimacy and observance of the constitutional process the moment he went down the road of restricting protest and murdering protesters.

Latest Threads