Votes: 9 3.2%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 24.1%

• Total voters
The key will be whether the French & Germans keep betraying them with empty promises and lukewarm words, while handing vast amounts of hard cash to the Russians.
Well...
1653498971226.png

As previously posted way back, this thread explains all

PS I see that this content has been nicked and turned into a you tube vid

Reminds me of British WW2 artillery fire control - any observer can talk to any battery in range in a big flat network, so anything from one gun to a "Yoke Target" concentration of every piece in the AGRA is possible.

There might be the makings of a plan of Baldrickian cunning here. A total lack of knowledge of how these things work combined with the ability to use google is a dangerous thing, never a meercat around when you need one....

Hong Kong is a big player in the flag of convenience game and Hong Kong registered ships fly the Chinese national flag above the Hong Kong flag. That could be an interesting game of chicken for the russian navy.

Flag of convenience - Wikipedia

Ship registration in Hong Kong - Wikipedia

T-62s rolling out of storage...

It sounds like the Soviet Category C divisions putting in an appearance at around Chapter 27 of a pulp WW3 novel.

Chapter 30 is tactical nukes...
Isn't chapter 32 someone nuking Birmingham?

With the arrival of the 1st T-62's, an attack on Odesa is more likely. They don't need them in the East of Ukraine as Russia outnumbers Ukrainian forces there.

as a population one of if not the highest instance of under arm perspirant usage in the world.
So much so that Russian's own a BO spray factory in the UK as to who owmns it now is a bit shady, Guys who had it were by all accounts tw@ts who'd think nothing of trashing expensive motors/drink driving etc

Tilmire

Clanker
I thank you . I remembered the headline of the potatoes being shipped to Russia , I believe by Walkers (for crisp making?) but had read nothing since .
Hopefully if they are still knocking about they can be shipped to Ukraine which will be in need of food .
Pepsico own Walkers, so probably the same potatoes.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I see the Germans are expediting delivery of the Gephard. Should have them in July.
"Should have them two months from now" has been true since late March, and will probably still be true next March.

Sir Nick Al-Bastad

Not something you see written down everyday.

The system certainly follows the old Cold War French doctrine of mobility first, and I imagine that the 6x6 wheeled drive will be quite happy on the average stretch of flat Ukrainian plain. Fast to get into position, fast to deploy and fast to scoot, while also out-ranging the Russian artillery, it should suit current Ukrainian tactics nicely.

True. It's far easier to maintain than a tracked vehicle - anyone whose ever crossed spanners with a artic or big lorry can look after this. Half hour fam for a competent truckie and away yer go. Bangy bits will require longer obvs. Nowt wrong with frog military engineering.
I'm hoping we pick up the Bofors archer, now there's a beastie.

Yokel

LE
I do love a happy ending.

What you do in private is your own business, but what has that got to do with possible Russian nuclear threats, Ukraine, and Western security?

Anyway - back to those seed potatoes, what can anyone do with them? Have farmers been given to nod to increase production? As for the issue of grain, there must be a way for the international community to get it out and prevent mass famine. World Russia accept World Food Programme chartered shups to enter Ukrainian ports and get it?

Isn't chapter 32 someone nuking Birmingham?

There are different versions of the sacred BAOR Book of the Apocalypse.
Beware of heresy...

This^, is the really worrying aspect. If or when Russia has taken the majority of the south coast incl Odessa it has the world at its knees. Eventually, Africa and the likes will pay what Putin demands and thus feed his war machine further...
Which is why Ukraine losing really isn't an option for the West, no matter how inconvenient some short term pain in energy shortages will be.

Londo

LE
What you do in private is your own business, but what has that got to do with possible Russian nuclear threats, Ukraine, and Western security?

Anyway - back to those seed potatoes, what can anyone do with them? Have farmers been given to nod to increase production? As for the issue of grain, there must be a way for the international community to get it out and prevent mass famine. World Russia accept World Food Programme chartered shups to enter Ukrainian ports and get it?
What they are doing with the seed spuds was mentioned in the article I quoted upthread .
Good idea regarding the grain . I hope they would agree but doubt it .

True. It's far easier to maintain than a tracked vehicle - anyone whose ever crossed spanners with a artic or big lorry can look after this. Half hour fam for a competent truckie and away yer go. Bangy bits will require longer obvs. Nowt wrong with frog military engineering.
I'm hoping we pick up the Bofors archer, now there's a beastie.
The other point being that with extended range you have much greater flexibility of siting so they can be optimally placed for camouflage and concealment, good routes in / out, track plan etc.

We did a survival exercise once, in short order, shelter erected, fire place created, wood store sorted, pitch swept and cleaned, fence erected....

As someone said, any fool can be uncomfortable.

And the Army too, somewhere on exercise in Germany, marquee, dining tables, Mess silver.....

Took a gramophone, tables and chairs and full dinner suit for a bbq on an outcropping between Brownsea Island and Sandbanks that only appears at low tide

Totally pointless but funny to get the looks from the yachts sailing past

Latest Threads