Votes: 9 3.2%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 24.1%

• Total voters
I never cease to be amazed at the accuracy of the Ukrainian Artillery - laser shells or just good spotting - they don't seem to be walking the shots either.

As previously posted way back, this thread explains all

PS I see that this content has been nicked and turned into a you tube vid

Almost certainly. After reading that I would not be surprised to see some form of public trials as a reprisal for the trials of the Russians in Ukraine for war crimes.
That and a desire for revenge for holding out so long.

Im expecting the end of WW2 type trials, no evidence that the accused played any part in war crimes - so charged with destruction of property - said property being Soviet Armour / Aircraft etc

IIRC 91,000 Germans surrendered at Stalingrad, and only 6,000 returned home. Makes one think.

Stalingrads possibly not the best place to draw a baseline - given those that surrendered were almost dead of starvation** exposure and exhaustion - Even with the best will in the world large numbers of them would have died - Soviet incompetance and then deliberate misstreatment was just icing on the cake

**That goes the other way as well - difficult to condemn the Germans for starving prisoners at stalingrad when they themselves were starving - Of course as theres no shortage of Soviet troop being starved to death in POW camps with plentiful supplies we can probably not unreasonably conclude the murderous XXXXXXXXXX would have done it by design

Assuming reports are correct and that its not Ukranian propoganda inspired by images of a museum piece being moved, Could it not be the case that rather than intended for operational use -they are being sent as decoys - to confuse intelligence and of course resources if they are targeted.

How many could tell a T62 from a T72 when its poking out a bush
Damn! You wouldn't be able to see the fume extractor half way down the barrel, curved turret handrails & the gaps between the road wheels. :)

Which is exactly what I said in the comment above.

Grrr Boris stuff on this thread is just as irritating as the Grrr EU, Grrr France and Grrr Germany stuff

What - have you no shame, that you would bring such dishonour upon youre own family

Ity is your duty to hate the french like the devil himself

There can never be to much Grr France

Pedants' revolt, Shirley?

It's a revolt of the pedants (revolt is nominative, pedants is genitive and takes an apostrophe). Pedants is plural. S' not 's.

Edit. FFS it was bad enough the speelchucker changing Pedant to Peasant.

Popcorn, anyone?

You're both right as pedant's/pendants' revolt can apply to the singular or the plural dependent on the writer's intended case. Think of it as a punctuation pun: was it meant for me or them.

And now you both hate me. Meh, I'm a retired, clapped out teacher: being loathed is like sunshine to someone with rickets.

;)

Assuming reports are correct and that its not Ukranian propoganda inspired by images of a museum piece being moved, Could it not be the case that rather than intended for operational use -they are being sent as decoys - to confuse intelligence and of course resources if they are targeted.

How many could tell a T62 from a T72 when its poking out a bush

More on those T-62’s

See rest of my post for why those aircraft will be sat on the ground and will probably result in a huge legal battle to determine who is reponsible for all the work required to return them to service

Which is why the Russians have been registering them

Not many Russian flights into Western countries because they will be seized

More on those T-62’s

T-62s rolling out of storage...

It sounds like the Soviet Category C divisions putting in an appearance at around Chapter 27 of a pulp WW3 novel.

Chapter 30 is tactical nukes...

I also saw in that although not read it as yet an appeal for seed potatoes for Ukraine .
Wondering what happened to the one hundred truck loads of seed potatoes that cranky woman running the SNP OK'd for shipment to Russia a couple of months ago ? In spite of sanctions .

PEPSICO has decided not to ship 2000 tonnes of Scottish seed potatoes for planting in Russia.
The potatoes were due to be shipped from Aberdeenshire company Saltire Seed to Russia in the next few days. However following criticisms of the trade in light of sanctions against Russia as a result of its invasion of Ukraine, PepsiCo has now said that it will find another use for the potatoes outside Russia.
A ScotGov spokesperson stressed that it was not responsible for approving export deals – that was reserved to Westminster – but Scottish officials were required to carry out various activities in relation to approved deals, including the inspection and certification of goods. "The Scottish Government and its economic agencies will use all available powers not to support trade and investment activity with Russia,” said the spokesperson.

PEPSICO has decided not to ship 2000 tonnes of Scottish seed potatoes for planting in Russia.
The potatoes were due to be shipped from Aberdeenshire company Saltire Seed to Russia in the next few days. However following criticisms of the trade in light of sanctions against Russia as a result of its invasion of Ukraine, PepsiCo has now said that it will find another use for the potatoes outside Russia.
A ScotGov spokesperson stressed that it was not responsible for approving export deals – that was reserved to Westminster – but Scottish officials were required to carry out various activities in relation to approved deals, including the inspection and certification of goods. "The Scottish Government and its economic agencies will use all available powers not to support trade and investment activity with Russia,” said the spokesperson.

They could do worse than to ask for a government subsidy and sell the whole lot to the British public at cost price for home planting.

Dig for Victory could be making a comeback soon.

They could do worse than to ask for a government subsidy and sell the whole lot to the British public at cost price for home planting.

Dig for Victory could be making a comeback soon.
The article stated that PepsiCo would find another use for them. I expect they've already been exported to Egypt or Ireland.

Thank you France!
Not something you see written down everyday.

The system certainly follows the old Cold War French doctrine of mobility first, and I imagine that the 6x6 wheeled drive will be quite happy on the average stretch of flat Ukrainian plain. Fast to get into position, fast to deploy and fast to scoot, while also out-ranging the Russian artillery, it should suit current Ukrainian tactics nicely.

Latest Threads