Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.9%

• Total voters
That letter by Bondarev deserves a full picture:
Clipboard01.jpg

I believe that he knows full well what he's talking about; the unfortunate thing is that few in Russia will read the letter without thinking that it's mere propaganda.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
He bears the scars of craving to be considered an intellectual, and yet not even being the smartest person in his own family.
I've always had the impression he was very jealous of his brother Christopher, who really was an intellectual universally admired by friend and foe alike.

MsG

Given that drones hover pretty much above their target (sometimes) @ around 200M - I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere under ! the rain of grenade bits coming back down would be significant.

This also applies to shooting them down with HMG etc - although the bullets would travel upwards a lot further before raining back down.
The only things falling back would be the AAA balls. I wasn’t thinking of an exploding warhead, just simply using a “shotgun” effect.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Soviet rapist murderer gets life imprisonment in Ukraine.

That should be fun for him.

Shall we open a sweepstake?

skeetstar

War Hero
Best version I’ve seen to date.

Just compare those folks with the snivelling kids that the Russians are sending to Ukraine.
One lot look well equipped, well armed, uniform (except for the boots), well fed, motivated confident.
The other lot look like a rabble of thieves, we've seen them breaking into shops, wearing children's back packs and Adidas trackies, some of them have modern small arms, some of their co combatants are using ww2 small arms. We've seen them break down in tears when captured, and reportedly frag their officers, and get repaid in kind by their officers, esp if they are daft enough to get wounded.

Was it that Corsican chap, who said that the moral is to the material at a ratio of 10 to 1.

Edit, Rodney beat me to it, by two pages

Last edited:
Been a bit of a geek and watching Russian kit hit by landmines, now it seems to me that the Ukes are laying mines for specific targets rather than sowing a defined minefield i.e laying 3-4 mines in a short compact pattern that guarantees a hit. Almost using them as an ambush tool.
All the mine laying videos I've seen are in some form of choke point. At some point the Russians will counter this you'd assume.

Sadbrewer

Swinger
Its like Star Trek - just dont be wearing red if the captain calls you (make an excuse get an oppo to do the mission)

They are forms of identification markings. This allows each side to be able to tell friend from foe in a conflict in which both sides are using similar equipment.

Ukrainian forces are using yellow and blue.

Russian forces are using a bizarre collection of white/red/silver/and the ribbon of Saint George.
Ukraine seem to be wearing Green as well.

I've always had the impression he was very jealous of his brother Christopher, who really was an intellectual universally admired by friend and foe alike.

MsG
Peter Hitchens recent pontificating on Ukraine.

Appears to happily pick up on every recent Kremlin propaganda theme.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Russia affording less respect to those killed than is usually given to dead pets.

I don’t know why they don’t ship them out west and get somebody else to repatriate them.

I know Putin seems to have a real burr up his arse about the U.K. and think it would be a nice gesture to sail an RFA into Murmansk and hand them over to the Russians.

Either that or scare the sh*t out of Russian troops based in Kaliningrad or Moldova and hand them over to them.

It would be a good deed and a great mind f*ck for Russian troops.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Peter Hitchens recent pontificating on Ukraine.

Appears to happily pick up on every recent Kremlin propaganda theme.
He’s been monitoring Ukraine for some time.

Might be worth a watch to get another viewpoint. Notice that it was posted 6 years ago.

Agree with him or disagree with him, but it’s always a good idea to understand different viewpoints.

Just compare those folks with the snivelling kids that the Russians are sending to Ukraine.
One lot look well equipped, well armed, uniform (except for the boots), well fed, motivated confident.
The other lot look like a rabble of thieves, we've seen them breaking into shops, wearing children's back packs and Adidas trackies, some of them have modern small arms, some of their co combatants are using ww2 small arms. We've seen them break down in tears when captured, and reportedly frag their officers, and get repaid in kind by their officers, esp if they are daft enough to get wounded.

Was it that Corsican chap, who said that the moral is to the material at a ratio of 10 to 1.

Edit, Rodney beat me to it, by two pages
I think Brits and Turks will be very welcome tourists in Ukrain when this s**te is over.

Slime

LE
Being reported as a "21yr old Russian tank commander" on the bulletin just now. If he's seen what happens to Russian tanks in theatre then he's probably quite glad to be off to a nice warm, roomy cell with a bed, running water and three squares a day for the duration. Tongue in cheek, probably why he 'fessed up so readily - guaranteed to not be ending up somewhere he might be put back into the turret of a T-90!

Then again, if he's put in a general nick then he might not have such a fun time of it at the hands of his Ukrainian cellmates.

Not only has his role been reported from the start, but also multiple stories on the man he killed, plus interviews with the man’s widow.

The irony being that the man he murdered had formerly been a proud Soviet, and presidential guard.

My annoyance with Hitchens was purely his selective blindness on this story, and the fact ‘it just happened to be’ a high profile story against Russian forces.

Last edited: