Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 67 24.0%

• Total voters
07A79CEB-14E4-454C-B875-56E1D9489774.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think they handle weight too well, soldier, plus kit, plus javelin would make them less efficient and more prone to failure of the suspension links which aren’t designed for heavy loads.

That said, light scouting, up to 70km/h for 3 or 4 hours in near silence to get a drone up close to the front….what’s not to like!

You can also partially recharge with a portable solar blanket whilst you hide and also use blanket to recharge drone batteries.

Not a bad thing for an insurgency on home soil.
You'd stick out like sore thumb with thermal equipped drone, you can only go where the bike can go, dodging house to house and lying up in ditches wouldn't be easy , carrying a solar blanket for charging? More kit to carry and it would be a little risky lying in the sun for a couple of days waiting for it to recharge, the UKs need more modern fighting equipment not hobbyists toys.

The Aussies are losing their touch.
They could have gone for
"Russian Embassy, go F#@# yourselves Street."
Unfortunately, notwithstanding the considerable support such a re-naming would have garnered, the vocal offended minority would have ensured it not eventuating … snowflakes rule, don’cha know.

I don’t think they handle weight too well, soldier, plus kit, plus javelin would make them less efficient and more prone to failure of the suspension links which aren’t designed for heavy loads.

That said, light scouting, up to 70km/h for 3 or 4 hours in near silence to get a drone up close to the front….what’s not to like!

You can also partially recharge with a portable solar blanket whilst you hide and also use blanket to recharge drone batteries.

Was just about to post the same thing, not great for heavy loads but I bet sharpshooter and artillery spotter teams could cause havoc on those.

You'd stick out like sore thumb with thermal equipped drone, you can only go where the bike can go, dodging house to house and lying up in ditches wouldn't be easy , carrying a solar blanket for charging? More kit to carry and it would be a little risky lying in the sun for a couple of days waiting for it to recharge, the UKs need more modern fighting equipment not hobbyists toys.
Agree with the hobbyist toys, but Solar blankets can lie flat and are not that big and don’t take days (depending on the weather). A spare battery is also less bulky than a jerry can.

If you are comparing a soldier on foot to an e bike re-sticking out, that’s a bit disingenuous, compare it to a 250cc 2 stroke that sounds like an angry wasp for 2km and has a thermal signature much bigger.

It’s a potential new tool so use it a different way, 2 x batteries so no more than 80% consumption for your range and understanding the strengths and weakness by utilising accordingly.

Don’t disagree as I said the danger in toys, but it seems effective use, some of these ‘toys’ can be force multipliers and they shouldn’t rely on historic tactics as the Russians are finding out!

You'll be able to attach a small trailer to the rear similar to what people who tour on MTBs use, Still travel light, Javlin and spare battery and be good for a bit of distance

You'll be able to attach a small trailer to the rear similar to what people who tour on MTBs use, Still travel light, Javlin and spare battery and be good for a bit of distance

I'd imagine you could carry out certain CTR's rapidly on one of those as well, rather than being out all night dog legging round the target and tabbing a few km back.

That might explain all the Ru submarines bailing out of Sevastapol yesterday.
So just the bridges then - and anything foolish enough to head towards Snake Island.

IAI advert with "combat proven" coming up in 3, 2, 1?

Latest Threads