Votes: 9 3.2%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 67 24.0%

• Total voters
One other thing that comforts me about this , and the previous shot down helicopter video a few posts up, is the clear evidence that war or not , the Ukrainians are getting on with drilling wheat this spring .
They really have got balls and are positive about the future .
I wish this country had about 20% of the moral fibre of the Ukrainians .
I would like to think that were war to come to this country there would be no shortage of moral fibre and courage seen.

Well, once all the Corbynites, Guardianistas, Channel 4 journalists and traffic wardens were rounded up and interned anyway.

Trump is the infantile cretin who tried to withhold authorised military support to Ukraine conditional on fitting up Biden's son?
The same cretin who called the illegal annexation of the fantasy separatist republics by Putin 'Genius'.

He didn't tell the Germans to pull their socks up to improve NATO.
He was signalling that the US under his rule would hang NATO out to dry. This makes Vlad happy.

Remember, Trump wants to be Putin.
An unaccountable, untouchable criminal warlord who has stolen their country. The ultimate theft.

What are these?
View attachment 662793

I’ve seen pics of troops on both sides in the current unpleasantness rocking similar ass pads.

I assumed it was a personal cushion for riding in an a bare metal APC; but why would artillerymen be wearing them in action?

Ballistic bum protector?

Enquiring minds need to know.

It looks like a section of roll mat cut down and strapped to the old jacksie as a portable field seat or something, but I could be wrong!

Trump is the infantile cretin who tried to withhold authorised military support to Ukraine conditional on fitting up Biden's son?
The same cretin who called the illegal annexation of the fantasy separatist republics by Putin 'Genius'.

He didn't tell the Germans to pull their socks up to improve NATO.
He was signalling that the US under his rule would hang NATO out to dry. This makes Vlad happy.

Remember, Trump wants to be Putin.
An unaccountable, untouchable criminal warlord who has stolen their country. The ultimate theft.
Any chance you can take your wailing and rending of garments to a more appropriate thread?

That is typical Russian tactics, doing exactly the same thing again and again where they had been handed a severe kicking. The Germans noited this in wqw2, Ivan would attack the same point of a line again and again, same time of day etc, this clearly produced some horrendous casualty lists.

Let's hope Ivan keeps it up, it is looking like it!
Working from a antiquated tactics manual maybe and no one dare veer away from what's written.

Latest numbers are in according to Ukraine

IMG_20220514_075634_053.jpg

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading this from the Express,

"Vladimir Putin has reportedly sent General Rustam Muradov, known as an "experienced punisher", to lead reluctant Russian troops into combat in Ukraine.

General Mustov, the Deputy Commander of the Southern Military District, steered a joint Russian force in Syria. According to Ukraine’s SBU security service, he has been tasked with restoring order to Putin's units after troops caused an uproar over their hesitance to fight Ukrainian defenders.

A message from the SBU on Telegram on Thursday, May 12, read: "Russian occupiers are afraid to clash with Ukrainian defenders, so riots in the enemy army are becoming widespread.

"In order to somehow curb them, Moscow is sending 'experienced punishers' to Ukraine."

In an intercept of a conversation between a Russian soldier and his father disclosed by the agency, the soldier was cited as saying: "Well, Muradov came and arranged a show trial because no one wanted to advance.

"The company commanders did not want to send their soldiers to their deaths.

"And the guys themselves were not ready.

"He [Muradov] theatrically punished the company commanders yesterday, stripped them, they emptied their pockets, he tied their hands behind their backs, loaded them into trucks and took them away."

Disproportionately large losses among Russia's military and evidently slow advances in the country's invasion of Ukraine call into question whether Putin has considered reassessing his war ambitions."

( Yes I do read an array of publications!)

Flogging one's troops into battle has to be a serious indication of desperation!

Someone called Rustam misbehaving in a warzone, what were the chances of that?

Hopefully, if the Uke's haven't been silly behind closed doors, this is where the proper treatment of POWs will start paying off.

I suspect Rustum Muradov's personal protection team will be busy men.

That is typical Russian tactics, doing exactly the same thing again and again where they had been handed a severe kicking. The Germans noited this in wqw2, Ivan would attack the same point of a line again and again, same time of day etc, this clearly produced some horrendous casualty lists.

Let's hope Ivan keeps it up, it is looking like it!
Apparently the Ivan IFVs were unleashing encouragement rounds on their own troops if they stopped advancing.

Thing is, have you seen some of those bloody E-Bikes that *CAN* do a bloody mad speed, and silent too? Only one fault though while OOOps is where are you going to charge the bloody things? Or are they thinking along the lines of kamikaze attacks or get as close as possible and just off while said bike goes hurtling off towards target?

I am a little surprised a little niche company isn't knocking up a shed load of DIY drones made of square section ally mated up to a couple of ally sheets where you then have some standoffs for something called a ArduCopter, some decent motors and fibre glass props. Bang in a LiPo 5300Mah battery and whoosh! They are capable of holding a fair bit of weight as well, think 15 min range with the weight of something Canon DSLR sized. You'd get a lot of *BANG* if you swapped said camera for something a bit more, well, you know what!

And the cost? Not a lot as the late Paul Daniels would say.

Fair enough, said little drone would be saying bye bye but imagine a load of these being knocked up and just being precision flown towards t'bad guys.

BOOM!
This has been discussed before and the conclusion was they are shite, completely unsuitable, this is not the Vietnam jungle , there's no charging points and a sweaty squaddie gives off a massive thermal imaging image.
Go and pedal your nonsense on a green tree hugging forum.

It looks like a section of roll mat cut down and strapped to the old jacksie as a portable field seat or something, but I could be wrong!
Used to have one in the top of my sack when out on a hike, wrapped in tough plastic and black nasty, nothing worse than sitting on uneven rocks or wet spongy moss.

Never attached it to my ass though!!

Did someone mention electric bikes ?

I don’t think they handle weight too well, soldier, plus kit, plus javelin would make them less efficient and more prone to failure of the suspension links which aren’t designed for heavy loads.

That said, light scouting, up to 70km/h for 3 or 4 hours in near silence to get a drone up close to the front….what’s not to like!

You can also partially recharge with a portable solar blanket whilst you hide and also use blanket to recharge drone batteries.

Not a bad thing for an insurgency on home soil.

This is turning into a top month for moon howling weirdness

Or just normal mediaeval behaviour. As in "Fire it anyway, God will know his own"

Latest Threads