Russian Troop Movements Reported Near Ukraine

Hmm, expediting mass burials (whether friend or foe?) from 01/02/2022 and all your own casualties are state secrets. Maybe those trucks in the videos were empty, ready to be used as Cargo 200?
More likely the massively unreported deaths from Covid.
Omicron hasn't really got going there yet.
They are probably looking at landfilling the bodies.
Then blaming the West.

Interesting video featuring, at end, some UR-77 tracked mine clearing vehicles. The vehicles can be used conventionally to clear a 6m wide, 90m long lane through minefields (firing a linear charge forwards) or offensively to, for example, clear built up areas.

Interesting video featuring, at end, some UR-77 tracked mine clearing vehicles. The vehicles can be used conventionally to clear a 6m wide, 90m long lane through minefields (firing a linear charge forwards) or offensively to, for example, clear built up areas.

Are all the videos Mr Girkins or is he collecting them from others?

Are all the videos Mr Girkins or is he collecting them from others?
He's collecting them from a range of TikTok users, mainly. Most are from railway enthusiasts or people who happen to capture military trains. A minority are from Russian service personnel.
Edit - Girkin is Ukrainian, so his angle is anti-Russian. He tends to call Ru and the DPR and LPR forces the 'aggressor army'.

I've been polishing the crystal ball . . . A lot of short-range border incursions everywhere, covering the marine and land forces creation of a Russia-to-Crimea land corridor. Threats later to take the whole Black Sea coastline, or to blockade Ukrainian ports from the sea, in order to force acceptance of the new status-quo and the absorption of occupied areas in to Russia proper.

A focus change in this morning's collection of Russian TikTok videos. In today's crop there are videos of units who appear to have arrived close to Ukraine.

They were obviously going to arrive at some point, but the build up nearing completion (if it is) is of interest.

Regarding the debate about the purpose of 'raids' by Russia, I can see that - and this assumes Russia means what it says about Ukraine being a threat in some way (whether that Russian view right or wrong) - there might be some utility in Russia basically trashing the Ukrainian infrastructure in a deep area adjacent to the border. Rail, road, bridges, power supplies, factories, water infrastructure, etc. Then back to Russia with the area kept under watch and the threat of further incursion. We've seen from Syria and the LPR and DPR that reconstruction takes years/decades.
I would assume taking and keeping territory is intended - because there are benefits to Russia deliverable only by annexation - but you can make a case for raids.

L

Idk about the subtlety but you're right that once they cross the LoD he no longer controls the outcome. The "raid scenario", for example, could easily go wrong - imagine if some thrusting recce guy decides to be closest to Kyiv and gets mixed up with a Ukie MRR.
A razzia, chevauchee, punitive expedition or directed armoured/SOF raid are by nature, part of a wider open-ended conflict and the friction of war, does dictate that the Ukrainians will have a few surprises up their sleeves as well, so I rule out a raid.

The strategic operation is clear (either side kharkov and use the Dneiper river as a right shield). Any deep operation is vulnerable, to an attack at the shoulder from the west and likely why Putin moved a reinforced brigade group to cover his right axis of advance and presumably the Ukrainians stripped troops from the south and Putin's moved additional troops into Crimea to take advantage.

I still think this is an almighty bluff. But is it a co-incidence Kazakhstan takeover happened and my fear is the Russians are up to something for sure, but my gut feeling is the provocation will be in the Black Sea and against NATO itself, with the threat of an invasion in the event we respond.

A razzia, chevauchee, punitive expedition or directed armoured/SOF raid are by nature, part of a wider open-ended conflict and the friction of war, does dictate that the Ukrainians will have a few surprises up their sleeves as well, so I rule out a raid.

The strategic operation is clear (either side kharkov and use the Dneiper river as a right shield). Any deep operation is vulnerable, to an attack at the shoulder from the west and likely why Putin moved a reinforced brigade group to cover his right axis of advance and presumably the Ukrainians stripped troops from the south and Putin's moved additional troops into Crimea to take advantage.

I still think this is an almighty bluff. But is it a co-incidence Kazakhstan takeover happened and my fear is the Russians are up to something for sure, but my gut feeling is the provocation will be in the Black Sea and against NATO itself, with the threat of an invasion in the event we respond.
Pardon my amateur wonderings. I wonder whether Moldova could be involved in some way? It is pro-Russian and, iirc, currently lacks sea access. Some sort of amphibious op to seize the narrow stretch of land necessary to give Moldova sea access and provide Russia with a future flank (similar to the potential threat to the Baltics that is Kaliningrad in the North) from which to threaten Ukraine?

Last edited:
Pardon my amateur wonderings. I wonder whether Moldova could be involved in some way? It is pro-Russian and, iirc, currently lacks sea access. Some sort of amphibious op to seize the narrow stretch of land necessary to give Moldova sea access and provide Russia with a future flank (similar to Kaliningrad) from which to threaten Ukraine?
Your reading my mind... I've said before. This entire crisis goes back Joke Biden and the brains in the DC swamp, who wanted to back a probable, small Ukrainian tactically orientated SOF/Drone led military operation in the Donbass and that has triggered the usual Russian response which on the surface looks massively over the top, but is actually quite an elaborate counter strategy.

By holding the threat of a full blown invasion over Ukraine, its paralysed everyone and stopped any operation against the Donbass. At the same time, its given room to address a lot of secondary concerns and they're are cleaning house so to speak and looking, to pick-off every scab that they're think will benefit them and the Kazkahstan operation was over in a week, but that country is now firmly back in the CIS.

Comicon is blaming the USA for arranging a Ukrainian provocation. Pathetic.

Ukraine was invaded by Moscow and has every right to the return of its territory.

But it is the Kremlin that is constantly threatening Ukraine not the other way around.

A tactic that Russia has used countless times before and will continue to use...because it works.

The results however are not always to their taste, but right now with the EU's gas supply in Russia's hands, and Biden in a senile daze, obviously worth a shot Putin feels...and sadly may well be right.

Moldova is actually not pro-Russian. Were it not for Moscow backing the illegal and otherwise unrecognised breakaway Transdnistrian Republic (similar to Abkhazia, South Ossetia in Georgia and more recently Donetsk and Luhansk in Ukraine) it would likely have a firm partnership with the EU and NATO and be well on its way to membership of both. The Moldovans are very ethnically close to Romanians and between WW1 and WW2 were in the Romanian State.

Moscow has troops based in Transdnistria including SF which are likely to be used if Odessa is an objective in the current offensive plans.

A tactic that Russia has used countless times before and will continue to use...because it works.

The results however are not always to their taste, but right now with the EU's gas supply in Russia's hands, and Biden in a senile daze, obviously worth a shot Putin feels...and sadly may well be right.

Ref the bolded bit above:

Comicon is blaming the USA for arranging a Ukrainian provocation. Pathetic.

Ukraine was invaded by Moscow and has every right to the return of its territory.

But it is the Kremlin that is constantly threatening Ukraine not the other way around.
Your denying the Ukrainian military were planning some kind of operation in the Donbas and the rising tensions since Joker got into the white house aren't linked ? its risible, to believe you bought drones and other equipment for the crack.