Russian Troop Movements Reported Near Ukraine

I understand what he is asking HMG to do, and that if the UK was to get involved it would hopefully be working with allies. It is worth reflecting however that the apparent final manpower size of Ru forces opposing Ukraine is thought likely to be 175k - larger in manpower terms than the permanent RN, Army and RAF combined. We need not to underestimate the UK, but also to get a sense of scale in terms of what Ru might do.
We don't have to face them alone...

We don't have to face them alone...
I get that. We may not face them at all, over Ukraine.
I am not counselling doing nowt; more hoping that HMG receives realistic advice about what the UK can do and sustain doing. Put another way, I hope that the pressure that government feels to be seen to be doing something does not cause misjudgements.

Last edited:
You think that Tucker Carlson is a Moscow stooge?
Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion.
I watched for 1:46 minutes.

I could not be bothered listening to anymore of the diatribe issuing for this idiot.

Totally destructive to core American interests . . .

There is nothing to be possible gained from a military confrontation with Vladimir Putin . . .

NATO worked “pretty well” for 40 years . . .

NATO is an Army without a purpose . . .

NATO exists primarily to torment Putin . . .

Tucker is an uninformed fool and/or idiot, as is anyone who uses him as an authoritative reference !!

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
What was the time-stamp in your location this time Steve? Or is it Стив?
Strange how these folks appear, have short posting histories and infest the Russian and Anti-Vaxx threads. It's almost as if some malevolent force was paying them......

Exactly - I think of it as a ringmaster in circus - you keep the Lions under control by looking them in the eye, not giving an inch and acting predictably in accordance with their natures. As long as the Lions believe they can't overcome you, you are OK (and so in their eyes, are they).

But, if you disrupt their expectations with unpredictable behaviour, take liberties in their space or just once give them the impression that they are stronger, they will rip you to pieces.

Where we are now is that we took liberties with the Lion, it clawed us and now thinks perhaps it can rip us apart, while we are desperately waving the whip and trying to get it back on the circus stool
The ugly truth is the Ukraine isn't really a cohesive and unified country and whilst it suffered under Russian rule, its territory was also defended and expanded on into Romania and Poland at some cost to Moscow and why I think they're can't let go. Also, the demographics are complex, but around 30% of the population are Russian Speakers and of them, half declare themselves as Russian Nationals.

Our sensible leaders pre 9/11 were softly softly and post 9/11, the club foot of the European Union, encouraged by the Americans have being trying to undermine both the Ukraine and Belarus and move them over to our side. The etymology of this conflict, probably started in Adjaria years before, where the Russians stood aside and let the Georgians take back one rebellious province and then felt shafted, when the Georgians pushed for more and its that overreach which is the problem.

Overreach can come from having a big brother and nations with NATO support start to get delusions and we fail to give our new best friends adequate warning, that the people they're are talking to on our side have the square root of FA in terms of power back home in our domestic countries.

I watched for 1:46 minutes.

I could not be bothered listening to anymore of the diatribe issuing for this idiot.

Totally destructive to core American interests . . .

There is nothing to be possible gained from a military confrontation with Vladimir Putin . . .

NATO worked “pretty well” for 40 years . . .

NATO is an Army without a purpose . . .

NATO exists primarily to torment Putin . . .

Tucker is an uninformed fool and/or idiot, as is anyone who uses him as an authoritative reference !!
My point in a nutshell i.e. our new best friends listen to you and ignore the music from people like Tucker and the music says the days of regime change have ended.

Oh my, the fellow traveller is waxing lyrical now.

SteveLancs

Old-Salt
Nope, I saw who the poster was ( an idiot ) so I didn't bother reading it.
Well, it was a video presentation so you obviously didn't bother even to find out what the source was. That must mean that either you have been told the "truth" of the situation by your masters at HMG (all proven liars) and how to respond, or you are too stupid to listen to the other side of the argument.
Putin has immense patience and is highly regarded, but most Russians and maybe the one who replaces him would rather nuke you idiots as an example. And who would blame him?
Just a little island where the nuclear fallout could be contained or ignored.
The Yanks who sponsor and direct your military will no doubt be hiding around the corner like in the Black Sea event, or skipping home in the night and leaving you undefended as they did in Afghanistan.

SteveLancs

Old-Salt
Nope, I saw who the poster was ( an idiot ) so I didn't bother reading it.
Well, it was a video presentation so you obviously didn't bother even to find out what the source was. That must mean that either you have been told the "truth" of the situation by your masters at HMG (all proven liars) and how to respond, or you are too stupid to listen to the other side of the argument.
Putin has immense patience and is highly regarded, but most Russians and maybe the one who replaces him would rather nuke you idiots as an example. And who would blame him?
The Yanks who sponsor and direct your military will no doubt be hiding around the corner like in the Black Sea event, or skipping home in the night and leaving you undefended as they did in Afghanistan.

Exactly, because you are a Russian troll.

Has he been nobbled, or genuinely naive, or just a bit simple? Real echoes of 1938 reverberating loudly through the Commons I see.
He is definitely "on-side" with regard to uninvited, unwanted, migrants, and made a robust contribution to yesterday's debate.

He has yet to show his hand on Republika Srpska (RS), but if he is against deploying troops to Ukraine, I cannot see him supporting the deployment of our troops to Bosnia - again !!

I constantly lobby him, on all three subjects. As I said elsewhere, his office probably has a very "special place", for all my correspondence ;) .

Last edited:

SteveLancs

Old-Salt
Exactly, because you are a Russian troll.
What a stupid response. How can you designate me a Russian troll if you didn't look at the vid I sent?
Are you appointed by HMG to police any common-sense posts and disavow them?
Or are you just a self-opinionated idiot who thinks he already knows everything?

What a stupid response. How can you designate me a Russian troll if you didn't look at the vid I sent?
Are you appointed by HMG to police any common-sense posts and disavow them?
Or are you just a self-opinionated idiot who thinks he already knows everything?
Nope, I came to that decision after reading some of the absolute drivel you post, especially re Covid.

How much does the troll army pay ?

Nope, I came to that decision after reading some of the absolute drivel you post, especially re Covid.

How much does the troll army pay ?
He's on the other end of the spectrum to Ecom Comecon, one's an idiot, the other has a few more active brain cells; but they both sing off the same score-sheet issued by Moscow.

Last edited:
Condottiere,
When Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union, was there much internal resistance to Moscow? Was it a stable, peaceful, and "obedient" region?

If there was to be a full scale invasion and occupancy, could it ever be returned to the above status? What sort of timescale, and how much problem would it be for it to be administered as a satellite of Moscow? Would it breed terrorism as did Chechnya?

He's on the other end of the spectrum to Ecom Comecon, one's an idiot, the other has a few more active brain cells; but they both sing off the same score-sheet issues by Moscow.
There's been some belters over the years, Yar_s was probably my favourite, closely followed by Afghan kandak. I was actually disappointed when Yar_s got his marching orders, he was highly entertaining.

Condottiere,
When Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union, was there much internal resistance to Moscow? Was it a stable, peaceful, and "obedient" region?

If there was to be a full scale invasion and occupancy, could it ever be returned to the above status? What sort of timescale, and how much problem would it be for it to be administered as a satellite of Moscow? Would it breed terrorism as did Chechnya?
Good questions, I'll try to reply later, when I've got a bit more time. In the meantime @Zemlyak should be in a position to give a reasoned reply as well.

Latest Threads