Russian Trolls & ARRSE as a conduit

Slime

LE
Wow the Poles and the Russians are harping in you being late and not doing much in the war effort....you slackers.
An interesting idea from a Pole bearing in mind the UK entered the war solely because Poland had been invaded.
I wonder if she knew that after Poland's very rapid defeat that some of her countrymen fled to Britain and then fought alongside British forces throughout the war.
I do suspect that she was well aware of the less than friendly treatment of Poles from Russian forces though. It's perhaps a sign of those times that modern day Poles will mix with Germans but often hate Russians.

It amuses me that so many Russians were killed in WW2, yet the government there tolerates neo-Nazi groups, indeed even seems to encourage them. Repressive dictatorships are like leopards, they never change their spots?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
What was it ? 7 million Ukranians murdered by Stalin and his gang
of course it never really happened
thats why so many memorials are in place all over the UK to commemorate the murdered and missing
Just one of the many I know off

30-12-2014 15;57;5226.JPG

Slime

LE
thats why so many memorials are in place all over the UK to commemorate the murdered and missing

View attachment 328468

Those were pre war, so in effect it was correct not to mention them in WW2 figures.
There are clearly occurrences pre and post war under Stalin's rule, but in my own posts I only asked KGB resident about WW2.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure you will appreciate that the numbers you present, are different to what Western kids are taught, and your numbers represent fewer groups of people.
How many people were executed in summary trials during WW2 and are they a separate list again to the political prisoners you mention in your reply?
It is a hard thing to separate true victims of political oppressions from just thieves, corrupted officials, traitors. In many cases the same 58th art. of Soviet criminal code was used (anti-Soviet activity) and note that laws in war time are tough and punishment in many case could be severe.
I'm referring to summary trials whereby a number of Soviet citizens would be held to trial, found guilty and then executed as responsible for some failure of troops on the frontline.
As an example, a man ftom village 'X' could retreat in the face of the German army so a trial would be held at village 'X' and a set number of men and boys from village 'X' would be found guilty and shot.
The idea being that no Soviet soldier should ever retreat. A really stupid tactical idea, and one that can lead to very high casualty rates, and a reduction in the ability to wage war.
For the first time I hear about such trials. Some relatives of my Polish Grandmother (my parent were born and lived in Sideria) were detained and executed in 1938 as members of Polish underground military organization while they were just Polish settlers from Wilno area and ordinary villagers.
Lets also be clear, there are marked differences in your countries position in WW2 and mine as you had German troops on your soil.
While the UK did detain German people we did also have Nazi supporters here (something I wouldnt level at the average Russian).
If German troops had got onto mainland British soil the known Nazi supporters here would have been seen as traitors instead of simply political adversaries.
No, there was a lot of traitors, collaborants. Some relatives of my late Ukrainian Mother-in-Law were partisans, served in the Read army but some served as German policemen. A cousin of my Mother-in-Law (who was a policeman) fled to the UK after WW2. His original surname was Mikhlik and he changed it to Michels. Meanwhile brother of my Mother-in-Law was captured and murdered in Gestapo in Dnepropetrovsk.

D

Deleted 24582

An interesting idea from a Pole bearing in mind the UK entered the war solely because Poland had been invaded.
I wonder if she knew that after Poland's very rapid defeat that some of her countrymen fled to Britain and then fought alongside British forces throughout the war.
I do suspect that she was well aware of the less than friendly treatment of Poles from Russian forces though. It's perhaps a sign of those times that modern day Poles will mix with Germans but often hate Russians.

Well I do remember back in the day, visiting Poland with the family back in 1993 ish. Very nice folks, and everybody loved us Americans. The stark differences between Germany and Poland at the time were an eye opening experience even to a ten year old.

Germany was a good experience and we always lived off post. However all the old German vets, always seemed to have fought in the Eastern Front....none would claim to have been in in the Western front. Very polite they were.

Oh, no. I'm not politically neutral and never been. I'm a Russian patriot. Some regard it as a big sin. I don't accept internal policy of moron Putin (with some exceptions) but as an external policy then I support many his steps.

Including illegal invasions, murdering little kids by proxy, poisoning people...

View attachment 328468
Famine in Ukraine? That time there was famine in Volga region in Russia, in Siberia, in Central Asia, in Northern Caucasus.
Stalin used it to 'stimulate' Ukrainian villagers to go to big cities and work in plants, on construction works.
My Mother-in-Law said that many people from her village resettled to Dnepropetrovsk, Dneprodzerzhinsk and many remained on the new places, became workers.
Hardly more or less significant number of villagers died in my Mother-in-Law's native village. At least no one relative.
These estimates are hugely inflated and politically motivated.

Slime

LE
It is a hard thing to separate true victims of political oppressions from just thieves, corrupted officials, traitors. In many cases the same 58th art. of Soviet criminal code was used (anti-Soviet activity) and note that laws in war time are tough and punishment in many case could be severe.

For the first time I hear about such trials. Some relatives of my Polish Grandmother (my parent were born and lived in Sideria) were detained and executed in 1938 as members of Polish underground military organization while they were just Polish settlers from Wilno area and ordinary villagers.

No, there was a lot of traitors, collaborants. Some relatives of my late Ukrainian Mother-in-Law were partisans, served in the Read army but some served as German policemen. A cousin of my Mother-in-Law (who was a policeman) fled to the UK after WW2. His original surname was Mikhlik and he changed it to Michels. Meanwhile brother of my Mother-in-Law was captured and murdered in Gestapo in Dnepropetrovsk.

The trials were as reprisal actions to the civilian population when soldiers who had lived in that area had broken rule 227.
I heard the stories from elderly/mature women from the areas the trials had taken place in.

D

Deleted 24582

Including illegal invasions, murdering little kids by proxy, poisoning people...

I think it has more to do with “Making Russia Great Again” . You can’t fault a man for loving his country.

D

Deleted 24582

Famine in Ukraine? That time there was famine in Volga region in Russia, in Siberia, in Central Asia, in Northern Caucasus.
Stalin used it to 'stimulate' Ukrainian villagers to go to big cities and work in plants, on construction works.
My Mother-in-Law said that many people from her village resettled to Dnepropetrovsk, Dneprodzerzhinsk and many remained on the new places, became workers.
Hardly more or less significant number of villagers died in my Mother-in-Law's native village. At least no one relative.
These estimates are hugely inflated and politically motivated.

KGB may I inquire as to what year you were born?

KGB may I inquire as to what year you were born?
It is not a secret. Look at my profile. I was born in 1957. My late Mother-in-Law was a small girl then members of Food Squadrons (all Ukrainians btw) searched her house and ... found some wheat, corps, potato, vegetables. By sly Ukrainian villagers had some reserves hidden more carefully than easily detectable depots.
Ukrainian soil is very fertile and even in worst years villagers have something to eat.
Btw, that time anybody could sign a contract to be sent to live and work on Russian Far East, on Chinese border where they would not die from hunger.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
What puzzles me about the Russian trolls currently mouthing off about Putin's attempted murder in Salisbury is why they persist, given the rubbishing they get from everybody on ARRSE who bothers to reply. It's like having Jehovah's Witnesses on the cyber-doorstep.

D

Deleted 24582

What puzzles me about the Russian trolls currently mouthing off about Putin's attempted murder in Salisbury is why they persist, given the rubbishing they get from everybody on ARRSE who bothers to reply. It's like having Jehovah's Witnesses on the cyber-doorstep.

Because if they are a professional, they get paid for it.

The trials were as reprisal actions to the civilian population when soldiers who had lived in that area had broken rule 227.
I heard the stories from elderly/mature women from the areas the trials had taken place in.
I'm not aware about such trials. Even anti-Communist reseachers or/and anti-Stalinist NGOs didn't told about it.

1. Even if ARRSE’s trolls cause doubt in 1-3% of forum readers it is a win.
2. Any and all Kremlin narritive on any website aids Kremlin arguments, especially if it’s from normally “Putin hating” Russians.

These Russians are trolls and form a speck of badness in our society we can eliminate. There are enough specks on the web to form a mass warranting leading Western newspapers to write articles about the problem.

KGB is 29. She likes cooking, ice skating and a devout Orthodox Christian. She grew up in Eastern Tver and has holidayed in Crete and Goa in 2012 and 2016 respectively. Her father is a civil engineer and mother a typist at the police station until a car crash in 2009 badly broker her left wrist . She has three cats - all black and lives in Moscow since 2006. Before joining the troll factory she tried web design and programs PHP and Perl.

Last edited:

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
ARRSE has a problem with 'Russian Trolls'. They mask themselves incredibly well (at least technically) to look more genuine than they are. We are not alone - this is a common problem for sites allowing comments across the West. However I strongly feel the forum community and the site admin need to reflect again (as I'm sure you already have) on addressing the issue without coffee.

Sorry, I have come late to this one. Here is the view from the cheap seats.

Why not create your own website with 'safe spaces' and fertiliser to grow snowflakes?

I have been a member here for yonks. I came because a couple of ARRSE invaded and spammed up a website where I was a Mod. So I came here with some chums to give it a right kicking and possibly do a DDoS. I found a forum refreshingly free and open. Informative, funny, hard-knock and informative (again) with a huge range of experience and expertise on just about everything. I called off the dogs and stayed.

Since then I have sprayed my coffee, been made to think, been victim of attempted bullying, been stuck on RoPs, met a bunch of people I respect, met some *******, met some people with serious issues and sold a jet-ski. And a bridge. And convinced some half-wits I owned the site. I could go on..... For me, ARRSE remains one of the outposts of free speech in a PC world gone mad. But with sensible rules. Nobody gives a rats what some dead fly-boy called his dog so lets move on?

As for Russians? They are a clear and present danger. KGB_Resident is a Russian. Possibly Ukrainian. I will happily have a go when he surfaces and he will happily have a go back. Maybe we may both learn something from the exchange? Higgs_Busun is a Russian but is one of the very few Russians open about their sexual deviance.

You have a problem with trolls? The answer is as old as the internet. Don't feed them.