Russian Trolls & ARRSE as a conduit

Slime

LE

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
This is all getting a little Reds under the Beds.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer

Ah. The vexed question posed to Captain Haddock in 'Tintin and the Red Sea Sharks'. Do you sleep with your beard under the sheets? Or over the sheets?

122khns.jpg

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I found one in my bed the other day...

I hope you still have your Soxmis cards and the keys to the Opel; the clock has in fact gone back thirty-odd years. You may well be recalled to the colours at this rate.

It does seem that Putin is very nostalgic for the good old days of the 1980s.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
[QUOTE="KGB_resideI don't accept internal policy of moron Putin (with some exceptions) but as an external policy then I support many his steps.[/QUOTE]
So if Putin's a twat in Russia ,that's Bad, but if he's a twat anywhere else in the world, that's just Hunky Dory?

Okay, that explains a lot. Must be the fault of those Pesky Jews.

So if Putin's a twat in Russia ,that's Bad, but if he's a twat anywhere else in the world, that's just Hunky Dory?

Okay, that explains a lot. Must be the fault of those Pesky Jews.
There is no contradiction.
Did you supported mrs.May then she campaigned against Brexit?
Would you apply that 4-letter word toward mr.Blair?

Slime

LE

Why not answer sensibly, rather than pose a completely different question?
The original question referred to ONE politician, of ONE political persuasion at ONE period in time.

Your answer referred to TWO politicians of OPPOSING political views and at DIFFERENT times.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'd apply several 4 letter words towards Blair.

Wrong. "The first and only person to lead the Labour party to three consecutive general election victories" is lots of words and only one of them has four letters. Thank heavens you did not pick 'consecutive'. You would run out of fingers.

There was a Norwegian documentary made several years ago which covered this topic pretty thoroughly. The news crew showed how they hunted down the trolls and confronted them. Here's an excerpt from it, with English subtitles. The situation there seems quite serious.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I would apply another four letter word to Blair for both his domestic and foreign policies. As I would to Jeremy Corbyn, for different aspects of the same reason.

I wouldn't refer to Theresa May in such a way although I disagreed with her Brexit standpoint and despaired of electoral performance.

If a politician is a twat, it shines through no matter whether they're being a twat domestically or internationally. Like Putin.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Reds? they are everywhere mate..... I TOLD 'em see, I TOLD 'em....arrgghh ...bugg'r'em...Millenium Hand & Shrimp !

( You are Senator Joe McCarthy and ICMTP )

Sadly, this is actually a serious subject. The Soviet doctrine was called ' maskirovka ' IIRC

BBC Radio 4 - Analysis, Maskirovka: Deception Russian-Style

I think Staff red-tab puzzle-palace wallahs over on Our Side call it

' Conditioning the battlespace'

What Synder's The Road to Unfreedom Teaches About Russia - The Atlantic

As late as July 2016, Trump insisted that Russia had not entered Ukraine. His first big foreign-policy speech of the election campaign—viewed from a reserved front-row seat by the Russian ambassador to the United States—was reportedly ghostwritten in considerable part by Richard Burt, a former American diplomat then under contract to a Russian gas company. (Burt has denied this attribution).

Snyder sees Trump as very much a junior partner in a larger Russian project, less a cause, more an effect. He worries, too, that slowly before Trump—and rapidly after Trump—America is becoming like Russia: a country on a path to economic oligarchy and distorted information. Trump’s attitude to truth again and again reminds Snyder of the Russian ruling elite: The Russian television network RT “wished to convey that all media lied, but that only RT was honest by not pretending to be truthful.”

Two years before Trump made that statement, Sgt Vladislav Bariskov of the Russian Army's Sixth Tank Bde was buried in his home village of Selizovo. He was 21.

Soldiers’ Graves Bear Witness to Russia’s Role in Ukraine

jp-soldiers-jumbo-v2.jpg

Now, who will be the first Russian poster or 'Useful Eejit' to pooh-pooh that story?
  • To pour scorn on the notion that Russian soldiers died in Eastern Ukraine in 2014?
  • To obliquely suggest the reporters had hidden agendas?
  • To say ' Of course....as we all know...it is well-established that...[insert improbable litany of lies here ] '
I look forward to hearing from them.

" Mission : Make the enemy doubt their own news sources as much as we do our own. Then, we can do what we like because the useful idiots will tell everyone that there are no reputable news sources "

- Trump went to Moskva and was compromised with a prostitute? Fake News!
- The Russian government made strenuous efforts to influence both the US presidential election and the UK referendum ? Fake News!
- Trump tried to inflate the numbers attending his inauguration using Photoshop? Fake news!
- Agents of the Russian government attempted to assassinate a former GRU officer in the heart of Wiltshire using an indiscriminate chemical warfare agent ? Fake News!

How do you know when Dmitry Peskov is lying ? Cos his lips are moving.....

Last edited: