Russian Surveillance Aircraft lost at sea off Syria

I don't think Sergei is actually trolling, just (understandably) putting forward the case for his homeland.
If anyone is genuinely troubled by what he says, the Ignore function is available.
Pitting forward a contrary opinion and point of view goes some way to stopping this place becoming a tedious echo chamber.
I think it has gone beyond trolling, and is actually a malicious and pernicious black propagandist for a rogue state.

It isn't wrong headed, or even petty spite.
It is truly malignant.

A bit like the Sun then? Some one sided viewpoints. Stoking the fires and banging the drum?

I read that article using Google translate and to me it seemed that both sides reiterated their respective positions again. The 50 page Israeli dossier was received and the Russians said they were conducting their own investigation.

You also missed this bit for some reason:

Which implies they’re not ‘going to war’ as your ‘sabre rattling’ implies, but they will remain in contact, review the 2015 agreement and make amendments as necessary.
You understood me in the wrong way. Bombing of Israel is a crazy idea and I wrote about it. However, we should take into account that Putin is not immortal and new Russian leader could use Russia's military force in quite unpredictable way.
As for my predictions then, of course Israel will not be bombed any time soon. Highly likely the Israelis were told not to approach zones around Russian bases in Syria and to warn about their military actions in advance that would make them much less effective.
KP is indeed a less vulgar Russian version of the Sun.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, for a clue as to what might happen, cast your mind back to to the American cruise missile attack on a Syrian air base where some Russians were also killed...
When and where it has happened? Probably I missed this story.

You understood me in the wrong way. Bombing of Israel is a crazy idea and I wrote about it. However, we should take into account that Putin is not immortal and new Russian leader could use Russia's military force in quite unpredictable way.
Unless you know of something we don’t, March ‘24 unless he has a ‘Winter Palace’ moment or decides to become Prime Minister again. So 66 more months of rhetoric, CBRN use and support, invading and stealing parts of neighbours, bumping off ‘enemies of the state’, election interference and so on. Why is it the trolls always want to say Russia could ‘elect’ a leader worse than Putin?
As for my predictions then, of course Israel will not be bombed any time soon. Highly likely the Israelis were told not to approach zones around Russian bases in Syria and to warn about their military actions in advance that would make them much less effective.
‘Highly likely’ they will review the reported 2015 agreement. More comms, a bit more warning time but pretty much ‘business as usual’.

I ask a very simple question that I held previously.
Suppose (God forbid) a new Russian leader orders to bomb Israeli military airports with demand to stop air-raids in Syria.
1) What exactly Israel could do in this situation?

2) Well, what Washington could do exacly?

3) What HMG could do?
I answer my questions. Washngton and London would urge Israel to terminate all air-raids in Syria.
It is the only realistic and viable solution.
Well to be blunt, kill your people.
Shoot down your aircraft.
Sink or incapicate your navel assets in the Med.

If you care to expand the theater of engagement, then we can start hitting your air bases that are used to launch attacks against Israel.

Your mercs got a good drubbing in February, and your government walked away from them and left them on the vine.

Well to be blunt, kill your people.
Shoot down your aircraft.
Sink or incapicate your navel assets in the Med.
And who (what country) would do it from your point of view?
1. Israel? It would mean the end of Israel.
2. The USA? It would mean WW3.
3. The UK? As a result excatly the same things would happen with the British military bases, aircrafts, warships.

Nope, F35 isn't going to be stealthy with air-air ordnance, and Su35 can throw an awful lot more missiles in the air. The whole point with F35 is not to get into an air-air shot-trading situation in the first place.
@Magic_Mushroom; you disagree. Are you saying that when the internal weapons bays are open to allow air-air ordnance to be employed that the F35 remains a stealthy platform?

3. The UK? As a result excatly the same things would happen with the British military bases, aircrafts, warships.
Because, you tiresome, whining wretch, your scenario postulated a lunatic Russian leader, who commits acts of war against nations with allies. The answer is-everyone.

The subtext of your puerile drivel was that the mighty slimebag Putin should be kept in power because the possible successors are so bad they might be stupid enough to start something.

Frankly, no. He is a proven criminal and war criminal himself.

Meanwhile
Downing of Russian jet: Israel fears Putin will clip its wings in Syria
Asked Thursday morning whether shooting down the Russian aircraft would affect the Israeli air force’s freedom of action over Syria, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman performed more evasion maneuvers than the Russian Ilyushin pilots did on Monday night. Lieberman, who was interviewed on Army Radio’s program “Dekel-Segal," failed to provide a real response.
Israel hopes the Russians will make do with closing the aerial space for a week, and not impose further restrictions – such as banning Israel from flying near their bases in the north of Syria, in a way that could limit the Israeli presence in Syria’s air space to Damascus and south of it.
Perhaps the week’s events mark the beginning of a broader process, in which Russia will endeavor to limit Israel’s freedom of action. The picture of the campaign in Syria has altered after Assad’s victory in the civil war, and perhaps Israel too will have to adjust its military activity there to a certain extent.

Because, you tiresome, whining wretch, your scenario postulated a lunatic Russian leader, who commits acts of war against nations with allies. The answer is-everyone.

The subtext of your puerile drivel was that the mighty slimebag Putin should be kept in power because the possible successors are so bad they might be stupid enough to start something.

Frankly, no. He is a proven criminal and war criminal himself.
I agree with you on the main point - Russia needs a new leader instead of moron Putin. I sincerely hope that the new leader would turn his efforts towards Russian internal problems. There is a lot of them to begin with corruption.
I wrote about it previously - Putin's Syrian adventure is very doubtful. It would be much better not to interfere to avoid so many needless problems.

I agree with you on the main point - Russia needs a new leader instead of moron Putin. I sincerely hope that the new leader would turn his efforts towards Russian internal problems. There is a lot of them to begin with corruption.
I wrote about it previously - Putin's Syrian adventure is very doubtful. It would be much better not to interfere to avoid so many needless problems.
Liar.
You and your cohort of cubicle monkeys have been persistently defending all of Putin's reckless proxy war policies, and the negligent atrocities attached to them, and the policy of state sponsored terrorism that he uses to kill off his opponents.
So why does this sudden change of heart ring false?
Because it is.

Last edited:
Let’s try to grasp the fact that if you were to attack Israel we would be in a de facto state of War. The US has Israel’s back. As much as we don’t care for the world, some countries we would throw down for. The U.K., Israel, Canada, Japan, Australia, and Poland is starting to work itself in that category now as well. We may be a bunch of Isolationist minded pricks, but we also tend to dislike(despise) you more. In the end a militant Russia would be akin to a mad dog that needs to be put down.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
new Russian leader could use Russia's military force in quite unpredictable way.
But Vlad already does use Russia's military force in quite unpredictable way, so it's quite predictable that a new leader might use Russia's military force in quite unpredictable way, meaning that the way he uses it is in fact predictable.

Let’s try to grasp the fact that if you were to attack Israel we would be in a de facto state of War.
Who are 'we'?
RAF bombed Belgrade, Iraq, Libya. So why other countires must not bomb for good reason? Syria is a sovereign country. It is indiscriminately being bombed. Why not to stop it using force - the only language the Israelis understand.
The US has Israel’s back.
And what?
As much as we don’t care for the world, some countries we would throw down for.
I understand that HMG doesn't care about Palestinians, about people in Yemen but why Israel is so special case?
The U.K., Israel, Canada, Japan, Australia, and Poland
You have forgotten Andorra.
...is starting to work itself in that category now as well.
So Japan would send its soldiers in Israel? Really?
We may be a bunch of Isolationist minded pricks, but we also tend to dislike(despise) you more.
I ask you again - who are 'we' - peoples or governments?
In the end a militant Russia would be akin to a mad dog that needs to be put down.
Continue to dream.

Yes, YOU might have, but someone using your avatar name commented on it at the time of the attack.
Perhaps it was another person typing as KGB resident at the time!
Would you be so kind to recall the case?
Russian mercenaries were allegedly bombed by USAF but not Russian servicemen.

Who are 'we'?
RAF bombed Belgrade, Iraq, Libya. So why other countires must not bomb for good reason? Syria is a sovereign country. It is indiscriminately being bombed. Why not to stop it using force - the only language the Israelis understand.

And what?

I understand that HMG doesn't care about Palestinians, about people in Yemen but why Israel is so special case?

You have forgotten Andorra.

So Japan would send its soldiers in Israel? Really?

I ask you again - who are 'we' - peoples or governments?

Continue to dream.
Christ on a bicycle.