• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Russian Surveillance Aircraft lost at sea off Syria

If only Russia could come up with some sort of solution to their Jewish problem....
The Ultimate/last solution? Isn't there a conference centre on the outskirts of Berlin they could hire to discuss this? The villa at Am Großen Wannsee 56–58 is available......

I don't see clear demands from Israel to Syria, conditions sufficient to stop Israeli air-raids.
Maybe you mean complete expulsion of Iranian forces from Syria? But Assad needs support from Iran. He also needs support from Hezbollah.
I repeat my question that you carefully avoid to address - why Israel is not bombing Hezbollah in Lebanon?
Assad 'needs' a trial at The Hague, but so does your verminous Putin.
HA are a symptom- an Iranian proxy. Why bomb them, when the real threat is Iran-which your gangster government is acting as janissaries for?

The Ultimate/last solution? Isn't there a conference centre on the outskirts of Berlin they could hire to discuss this? The villa at Am Großen Wahnsee 56–58 is available......
Edited to suit the mentalities of those involved.

I don't see clear demands from Israel to Syria, conditions sufficient to stop Israeli air-raids.
Dropping ordnance isn’t a demand?
Maybe you mean complete expulsion of Iranian forces from Syria? But Assad needs support from Iran. He also needs support from Hezbollah.
I never said that and I agree
I repeat my question that you carefully avoid to address - why Israel is not bombing Hezbollah in Lebanon?
You never asked me it.

Annoying as the French can be gotta love their denial that a French Navy frigate was responsible. "Zee French army was not involved."

OK, suppose that Russia begin to hit Israeli military airports using long range cruise missiles (after demand to stop air-raids in Syria).
What do you mean by 'a VERY big shock' then?
Well, first of all if you attacked Israel, you’d be drawing the US into a wider conflict.

However, a great many of your CMs probably wouldn’t make it to their targets in the first place. Meanwhile, your own military in Syria and in the Eastern Med would be immediately subjected to significant Israeli counter-attack. Unless you wished to massively expand your military presence in Syria via a very long and vulnerable supply chain, your military activity there would very quickly become untenable.

However, given the significant social, military and other links which exist between Moscow and Tel Aviv, I suspect Putin will adopt the sensible path and do nothing whatsoever.

...Fact. A US aircraft fired on a not very friendly friendly Patriot battery knocking it our and taught them to operate the ROEs properly.
That’s not a fact at all.

A USN FA-18 engaged a Patriot battery when it mis-identified the (albeit overly aggressive) emissions.

However, Patriot illuminations (and iirc at least one further launch) of friendlies continued. Once again, I was there.

Finally, request No8:

Why do you keep changing your name on ARRSE @sunoficarus/@SOI/@meerkatz/@PhotEx?

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
That would work if they were not the Marine Nationale.

To the french all 3* services are Army

The use Army like we use Armed forces and yes at times it can be bloody confusing

*4 If you include the Gendarmes - which most French people do, the French military however dont** and the funding was moved from MOD (whatever its called in France) a few years back

**Hence the different equipment and firearms the French army said non - they weren't sharing or allowing them the same kit

Dropping ordnance isn’t a demand?

I never said that and I agree

You never asked me it.
I'm sorry. Indeed I haven't asked you personally. However, I would like to answer the question myself.
So why Israel doesn't bomb Hezbollah in Lebanon but uses to bomb it in Syria?
In the case with Lebanon, Hezbollah would retaliate in sufficiently painful way for Israel. So Israeli-Lebanese border is relatively calm.
In the case with Syria Israel tries to weaken Syrian military forces and to provoke retaliation to unleash full scale bombing campaign.
So Hezbollah, Iranian forces in Syria are just an excuse.

First of all (to create a context for my comment) I would like to quote a senior Russian MP -
The first Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Defense Committee Aleksandr Sherin.
В Госдуме придумали, как ответить Израилю после уничтожения Ил-20
While I try to discuss imaginary scenarios (God forbid) some hot heads in Moscow are ready to use force.
In response, Sherin offered to strike at Israel. "I call on the Bastion, S-400, Iskander systems to show how they really work," he said in a commentary on the radio station "Moscow Speaks".
The parliamentarian recalled the largest international exercise "Vostok-2018", which took place in the Far East and in the marine waters from 11 to 17 September. In his opinion, on the site where the Israeli fighter F-16 took off, Russians should also arrange a military training ground.
I repeat unlike mr.Sherin, I don't propose any strikes on Israel. I just discuss an imaginary scenario that could (God forbid) be real with new Russian leader of mr.Sherin type.
Well, first of all if you attacked Israel, you’d be drawing the US into a wider conflict.
And what really Washington could do? Unleash WW3? Impose new sanctions? Oooops, what sanctions? Any movement of Washington would only cause more intensive bombings of Israel. And Israel would have to agree with all Moscow's conditions.
However, a great many of your CMs probably wouldn’t make it to their targets in the first place.
The key word here is probably. And what if not?
Meanwhile, your own military in Syria and in the Eastern Med would be immediately subjected to significant Israeli counter-attack.
In this case Moscow would bomb not only military airports but all military objects to weaken Israel military. Be sure that good Israeli neigbours would become evil overnight and invade Israel from different directions.
Do they in Jerusalem like prospect to be invaded by Hezbollah? I strongly doubt.
Unless you wished to massively expand your military presence in Syria via a very long and vulnerable supply chain, your military activity there would very quickly become untenable.
Any military operation has to be carefully planned and Russia is quite able to resolve any problems that could emerge.
However, given the significant social, military and other links which exist between Moscow and Tel Aviv, I suspect Putin will adopt the sensible path and do nothing whatsoever.
Of course, Moron Putin will never hit Israel and from my point of view military conflict between Russia and Israel is a crazy idea.
However, what if Russia would have a new leader?

Last edited:
However, what if Russia would have a new leader?
Then perhaps Russia could become a democracy, stop being an international bully, learn to play nicely with it's neighbours and contemplate sorting the many problems it has at home, before becoming a power for good, rather than wanting to strut the world stage and recreate the glory days of the Soviet Union - but then you'd be out of a job......

I'm guessing antisemitic KGB has had a coffee-less interview......

Then perhaps Russia could become a democracy, stop being an international bully, learn to play nicely with it's neighbours and contemplate sorting the many problems it has at home, before becoming a power for good, rather than wanting to strut the world stage and recreate the glory days of the Soviet Union - but then you'd be out of a job......

I'm guessing antisemitic KGB has had a coffee-less interview......
They don't do that sort of interview. They do, however, hold interviews on 10th floor balconies.

But it didn't lead to the ROE being 'operated properly.'

Unless those ROE were '3 Juliet: you may randomly scare the sh1t out of at least two friendlies per day' - but I'll defer to MM on that one as he was there...
So was manofmanynames (in his mind)