Russian Surveillance Aircraft lost at sea off Syria

The ‘other condition’ option in fact is that Iran stops supplying their proxies like Hezbollah and shipping materiel through Syria. Also, for Assad to stop allowing Iran (IRGC and proxies), to lob missiles into Israel.

That way your ‘God forbid’ scenario doesn’t even leave the ground.
Stop Iran supplying Hezbollah and their proxies, plus stop Iran and their proxies lobbing stuff at Israel.
Well, so what exactly Syria should do?
Btw, I haven't heard about Israeli air-raids in Lebanon. Correct me If I'm wrong.
So Israel doesn't bomb Hezbollah in Lebanon but bombs it in Syria.

And that’s just their last resort - reach out from beyond the grave system.
They also have air dropped weapons and proper ICBMs.
Really
I know its a long suspected open secret fact that Israel has Nukes and Theres allegations they have put them on cruise missiles

But ICBMs that's an absolute new one - Where and how that's a very expensive capability to develop alone

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Really
I know its a long suspected open secret fact that Israel has Nukes and Theres allegations they have put them on cruise missiles

But ICBMs that's an absolute new one - Where and how that's a very expensive capability to develop alone
You didn't Google Jericho III as recommended earlier?

Really

Iirc, the Israelis managed to put their own satellite in space. They would certainly be familiar with rocketry and guidance systems. Certainly for nukes, the level of precision might not be that required for a pgm.

Correct.
It is just imaginary scenario.
However, Moscow has to defend its ally and guard own servicemen in Syria.
What Moscow could do in this situation if the Israelis continue the air-raids?
Ever have you thought WHY does the IAF bomb Syria? maybe because Supplies to attack Israel from Iran come through Syria. Does not Israel have the right to stop these supplies and punish those who allow its transport?

Or only russia is allowed to bomb targets in Syria?

Correct.
It is just imaginary scenario.
However, Moscow has to defend its ally and guard own servicemen in Syria.
What Moscow could do in this situation if the Israelis continue the air-raids?
If the loss of one plane bothers you that much, you should be glad you're not allies with the US, or you would be getting bombed, shot down, and strafed by them on a regular basis.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Bravo_Bravo, calling people names and then reporting them for 'trolling' when they reply is massively disingenuous. Stop it or you'll also magically lose the ability to reply to this thread.

Ever have you thought WHY does the IAF bomb Syria? maybe because Supplies to attack Israel from Iran come through Syria. Does not Israel have the right to stop these supplies and punish those who allow its transport?

Or only russia is allowed to bomb targets in Syria?
Supplies to attack Israel from Iran come through Syria... to ... Hezbollah? Do you mean Hezbollah?
So why Lebanon and Hezbollah targes here are not being bombed?

Btw, I haven't heard about Israeli air-raids in Lebanon. Correct me If I'm wrong.
Which part of ‘supplying arms’ do you not understand?

.....Iran is the biggest obstacle to peace in Syria, and peace between Syria and Israel but without Iran, Assad may not have survived. How is that issue resolved?
I would imagine that’s why the Iranian’s keep talking about their rejection of any ‘new negotiations’. I also doubt they’re happy with the current Russian/Turkish ‘deal’ much as Assad is. The Syrian civil War goes on ....

I repeat it is just an imaginary scenario. God forbid
You don't understand the key point in the scenario - mainly long range cruise missiles would be used against Israeli airports. IAF would not be able to fight with Russian pilots just because they would be too far to reach them.
As for nuclear weapons then do you mean that Israel is ready to unleash WW3?
The first usage of nuclear weapons would end by complete annihilation of Israel.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. ROSSIYA STRONK and we're all very afraid of you.

News flash - No, we're not.

TASS are saying that Russia does not supply SAM supplied to other states with IFF.
FECKIN WHAT? Really? Well either they're irresponsible clowns, lying clowns of just plain clowns........

EDIT
Well, that was easier to shoot-down than an unarmed civilian Airliner in Ukrainian airspace....

Russian export radar

Russia introduces new export version of mobile 3D air defense radar 1L121-E Aero-India 2013 1102134

The "3D" bit means three dimensions, as in it's got built-in height finding capability and IFF/SIF/SSR or whatever they're calling secondary radar this week (Mode 3/A?) and Charlie (which automatically broadcasts the aircraft's height)
The radar detects and classifies up to four different target types, positioning each target with an accuracy of 100 meters, with 1 degree accuracy in elevation and azimuth
Anyway according to the Russian fanbois their SAMS are supposed to be the equivalent of the Nazi's Wunderwaffe

The S200 system and it's associated Radars
  • P-14/5N84A "Tall King" A-band early warning radar (range 600 km (370 mi), 2–6 RPM, maximum search altitude 46 km (29 mi))
  • or "Big Back" E-band early warning radar 600 km (370 mi)
  • Kabina 66/5N87 "Back Net" or "Back Trap" E-band early warning radar (with special low-altitude search mod, range 370 km (230 mi), 3–6 RPM)
  • P-35/37 "Bar Lock\Bar Lock B" 1,000 kW E\F-band target detection and tracking radar (with integrated IFF, range 392 km (244 mi), 7 RPM)
  • "Side Net" or "Odd Pair" E-band height finding radar (also used by the SA-2, SA-4 and SA-6, range 240 km (150 mi), 3–6 RPM)
  • P-15M(2) "Squat Eye" 380 kW C-band target detection radar (range 128 km (80 mi)
The Syrian early warning system comprises Long Track; P-12 Spoon Rest; P-14 Tall King; H-15 Flat Face; P-30 Big Mesh; P-35 Bar Lock; P-80; PRV-13; PRV-16 Thin Skin mobile and static radar sites throughout Syria.

So none of those have any height-finding capability or SSR? Russians, lying bastards since.......well, forever

Shit Soviet trained operators are shit shocker

https://www.janes.com/images/assets/570/36570/Access_Denial.pdf

Last edited:
If the loss of one plane bothers you that much....
Yes, it bothers me much more than you could imagine. My late Father-in-Law served as an engineer, a crew member on planes similar to one that was shot down. So not only me, my wife and her Brother but also many Russians hold a natural questions - in name of what the servecemen have died, why it has happened and will it happen again?
... you should be glad you're not allies with the US, or you would be getting bombed, shot down, and strafed by them on a regular basis.
The Syrians hardly can be blamed.
Putin and Netanyahu are responsible.
Putin tried to sit on two chairs, to have good relations with Syria and with Israel, while they are in fact in the state of war.
Netanyahu ... he will understand that he made a huge mistake. The Russians don't like to be fooled, don't like chutzpah
Chutzpah - Wikipedia
Russia stages drills for a week and airspace around Russian bases in Syria is closed. For Israel it could be closed permanently in the form of no fly zone.

Last edited:
Your attempt at disinformation and obscuration being comrade? Don't bother answering by the way, we really don't need to hear your agitprop.

Yes, it bothers me much more than you could imagine. My late Father-in-Law served as an engineer, a crew member on planes similar to one that was shot down. So not only me, my wife and her Brother and many Russians hold a natural questions - in name of what the servecemen have died, why it has happened and will it happen again.

The Syrians hardly can be blamed.
Putin and Netanyahu are responsible.
Putin tried to sit on two chairs, to have good relations with Syria and with Israel, while they are in fact in the state of war.
Netanyahu ... he will understand that he made a huge mistake. The Russians don't like to be fooled, don't like chutzpah
Chutzpah - Wikipedia
Ah, so the joos should be scared of ROSSIYA STRONK now as well, should they? Well you do have plenty of form in the pogrom department, don't you.

Ah, so the joos should be scared of ROSSIYA STRONK now as well, should they? Well you do have plenty of form in the pogrom department, don't you.
If only Russia could come up with some sort of solution to their Jewish problem....

Which part of ‘supplying arms’ do you not understand?
I don't see clear demands from Israel to Syria, conditions sufficient to stop Israeli air-raids.
Maybe you mean complete expulsion of Iranian forces from Syria? But Assad needs support from Iran. He also needs support from Hezbollah.
I repeat my question that you carefully avoid to address - why Israel is not bombing Hezbollah in Lebanon?