Russian Surveillance Aircraft lost at sea off Syria

The plane itself doesn't matter. But 14 servicemen died - it is a tragedy.
They have wives, children, parents...
Putin personally is guilty. He in fact allowed Israeli air-raids and such a catastrophe is something that could happen later or sooner.
Off hand how did Putin ALLOW IAF air raids? he sure as hell cannot stop them.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Clearly a warning was too subtle. Thread-bans and points issued.

Putin personally is guilty. He in fact allowed Israeli air-raids and such a catastrophe is something that could happen later or sooner.
I'm surprised to see these Russian fatalities being spoken about in such morose terms. Theres been Russians dying all over Syria and elsewhere without a moments thought from the disinfo trolls. What is about this case that is so special?

Whilst your here, if you had a couple of online operators sat together, who controls the samovar?

I doubt Putin ‘allowed’ anything.
He may be turning a blind eye, but ‘allowing’?
The IDF have comprehensively demonstrated their ability to blind the assorted AD system across Syria at will.

I replied to the comment quoted which noted the IDF used an Ru a/c to mask their movements.

This seems to confuse some into thinking I made the claim - I didn't. I commented upon the claim

My apologies for causing so much distress.

The Syrians shot at IDF a/c, which was trying to use a Ru a/c to mask its movement.

If they hadn't, the Syrians wouldn't have fired at it.

Its hardly rocket science, and the blame lies with the IDF.

I also read somewhere that the IDF pilots were using the Russian plane as cover, But that does not mean that it is true.
You say that the IDF is to blame, but if the Russians were not there and if they had not supplied their anti-air systems to Syria then the Russian plane would not have been shot down. I suppose they are all to blame to some extent.

As for the Russian anti-air missle system. I thought they were supposed to be the best in the World, yet they can not distinguish between Israeli F16s and a Russian IL-20?

I would also like to know if the Russians had their transponder and IFF turned off?

As for the Russian anti-air missle system. I thought they were supposed to be the best in the World, yet they can not distinguish between Israeli F16s and a Russian IL-20?
It didn't need to. The IAF F16s were well out of harm's way by the time the Il-20 tooled into an active MEZ.

What is about this case that is so special?
The case highlighted an abnormal situation. There are Russian troops in Syria and foreign country - Israel - uses to bomb Syria at any moment, at any point. There is a threat for Russian forces to appear in a crossfire and nothing has been done.
Russian MoD gen.Shoigu blamed Israel and it could end in military confrontation between Russia and Israel.
Do you regard such a confrontation as 'nothing special'?

The case highlighted an abnormal situation. There are Russian troops in Syria and foreign country - Israel - uses to bomb Syria at any moment, at any point. There is a threat for Russian forces to appear in a crossfire and nothing has been done.
Russian MoD gen.Shoigu blamed Israel and it could end in military confrontation between Russia and Israel.
Not for Israel

Yes actually, because it's nothing new. The Russians tried it on before with the Israelis. They got their posteriors handed to them on a plate as I recall.

Operation Rimon 20 - Wikipedia

I found it more notable when Turkey shot a Russian plane down or when Syria shot a Turkish just down or when the Yanks malleted a lot of mercenaries by DeZ.

Is this change in tone related to the loss of face?

The memes promised me Russia was gonna be 'Putin the rebels to sleep' not getting shot down by half educated AD crews.

I think Russia would find out just how easily their forces in Syria would be cut off and isolated from the Motherland. Your people are a long way from home, and are just another faction with interests in the region.

Off hand how did Putin ALLOW IAF air raids? he sure as hell cannot stop them.
Soviet imperialist mindset still alive and kicking - the empire should decide whether a country on the other side of the globe may defend itself from a neighbouring country.

The IDF are a highly trained, motivated, educated and equipped force

The Glorious Red Army, not so much, our Boy Scouts and Volkssturm are holding them in the Donbas and we're crap

The Syrians? Good against unarmed civilians..........but Umboto Gorge would have been a bit of a struggle for them

Latest Threads