Russian Subs Patrolling Off East Coast of U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/05/w...bl&ex=1249617600&en=7d35b994556a733a&ei=5087

A pair of nuclear-powered Russian attack submarines has been patrolling off the eastern seaboard of the United States in recent days
According to Defense Department officials, one of the Russian submarines remained in international waters on Tuesday about 200 miles off the coast of the United States. The location of the second remained unclear. One senior official said the second submarine traveled south in recent days toward Cuba, while another senior official with access to reports on the surveillance mission said it had sailed away in a northerly direction.
Big deal...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090805/wl_nm/us_security_russia_usa

A senior Russian general on Wednesday shrugged off Washington's concern about Cold War-style patrols of Russian nuclear submarines off the U.S. coast, saying it was business as usual for Moscow to keep its navy in shape.

"I don't know if it's news to anyone," Anatoly Nogovitsyn, Russia's deputy chief of general staff, told a news conference. "The navy should not stay idle at its moorings."

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
KGB_resident said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/05/world/05patrol.html?_r=1&bl&ex=1249617600&en=7d35b994556a733a&ei=5087%0A

A pair of nuclear-powered Russian attack submarines has been patrolling off the eastern seaboard of the United States in recent days
According to Defense Department officials, one of the Russian submarines remained in international waters on Tuesday about 200 miles off the coast of the United States. The location of the second remained unclear. One senior official said the second submarine traveled south in recent days toward Cuba, while another senior official with access to reports on the surveillance mission said it had sailed away in a northerly direction.
Big deal...
Then why are you bothering us with it?

Edited for brevity

rabid_hamster said:
I assume the russian navy would prefer them to leak nuclear waste near america than at their moorings.
too right cheeky shits haha, and not to mention the intimidating presence, we wouldnt send RAF over with every bomber jet we have "ah they needed to train in russian-style climate, homeland and nearby countries wouldnt be the same" haha

and travelling to usa isnt a method of training im sure it could be done more locally and less threatening, especially to usa a country very paranoid and had to deal with alot of warefare and defence etc

people worry about whos where etc etc, but theres so much going on its not the stuff we hear about we should fear its the stuff we dont know whats going on haha...

and bravo bravo i only had a few drinks this afternoon lol

Born_Again_Stab said:
The fact the US knows they're there mitigates any threat they could pose? Surely?
They didn't know where one was, presumably the other one was letting them know their location. In a hello, look at me I'm on your doorstep kinda of way.