Russian Sub Rescue Underway

Unfortunate that it's Ivan's rescue sub that needs rescuing. Hope for a better result than the Kursk - must track down the 'Yellow Submarine' parody for any resulting bad taste thread.

Time for the Tracy's and International Rescue? 8O

I seem to remember that part of the "Yellow Submarine" parody thing was:

Radiation makes us hot,
Hypothermia makes us not,
Turning blue and glowing green,
In our Russian Submarine.

The USN team wont touch down until 10:30pm local time Sat. The UK C-17 will touch down at 7pm. So maybe the RN will have a shot at saving those sailors from a sad fate.

F

fozzy

tomahawk6 said:
The USN team wont touch down until 10:30pm local time Sat. The UK C-17 will touch down at 7pm. So maybe the RN will have a shot at saving those sailors from a sad fate.
According to the BBCi text service, the RAF C-17 has landed now. Will take a few hours to get the DSV ready and on its way. Best of luck lads

Just give lassie a shout, shell be able to do it

Good luck to the lads of RN and the Russians.

One sub would be seen as bad luck, two......

Look's like help is now on the scene and the first RN/USN dives are about to begin. Time will tell if the Russian's were being honest about how much air the crew had.

Bloody hell... good news. I forgot what that was like. Well done to all concerned. Slice the mains'ls!

Ecstatic of Portsmouth

Good drills - well done to all involved.

Excellent, well done the Andrew. :D

This time the Russians realised that this sort of help comes from sailors wanting to help other sailors rather more than Governments wanting to obtain a diplomatic advantage or have a nosey at the ‘other side’s’ kit.

I expect they are all on the lash now, swapping cap tallies and Zippos.

BZ