• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Russian spies accused of agitating Czechs over US

#1
Oh, those Russians. Interesting rumours anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_re_eu/eu_czech_russia_missile_defense_1

Russian spies operating in the Czech Republic have tried to increase public opposition to a planned U.S. missile defense facility here, the Czech counterintelligence service said Thursday.

The spies contacted non-governmental organizations, politicians and the media in the past year about the U.S. missile facility, the Czech Security Information Service, or BIS, said in its annual report. It provided few other details.

The United States plans to build the radar base near Prague as part of a missile shield that Washington says is intended to deal with the threat from Iran.
...
The Czech Republic's three intelligence services chiefs have been summoned to parliament's lower chamber to provide details on the spies at a defense committee meeting Oct. 1, lawmaker Jan Vidim said.

Vidim said he was not surprised about the presence of Russian spies.

"What's surprising is how openly and clearly the BIS says that the Russians have been trying to influence the public. They have to be pretty sure about it," Vidim said.

The agency's report said it believed the Russian activities were part of a broader, long-term campaign to damage the integrity of the European Union and NATO and to isolate the United States. The campaign also aims to renew Russian control over the territory in Europe it once dominated, the report said.
It's interesting was even one spy captured or at least spotted?

Most Czechs oppose the base, according to recent polls. The Czech Republic's government has approved the missile defense treaty, but it still requires the approval of the Czech parliament, where it faces strong opposition.
Mmm... I see, those MP who vote against the Radar would be braded as 'Russian spies'.
 
#3
KGB_resident said:
Oh, those Russians. Interesting rumours anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_re_eu/eu_czech_russia_missile_defense_1

Russian spies operating in the Czech Republic have tried to increase public opposition to a planned U.S. missile defense facility here, the Czech counterintelligence service said Thursday.

The spies contacted non-governmental organizations, politicians and the media in the past year about the U.S. missile facility, the Czech Security Information Service, or BIS, said in its annual report. It provided few other details.

The United States plans to build the radar base near Prague as part of a missile shield that Washington says is intended to deal with the threat from Iran.
...
The Czech Republic's three intelligence services chiefs have been summoned to parliament's lower chamber to provide details on the spies at a defense committee meeting Oct. 1, lawmaker Jan Vidim said.

Vidim said he was not surprised about the presence of Russian spies.

"What's surprising is how openly and clearly the BIS says that the Russians have been trying to influence the public. They have to be pretty sure about it," Vidim said.

The agency's report said it believed the Russian activities were part of a broader, long-term campaign to damage the integrity of the European Union and NATO and to isolate the United States. The campaign also aims to renew Russian control over the territory in Europe it once dominated, the report said.
It's interesting was even one spy captured or at least spotted?

Most Czechs oppose the base, according to recent polls. The Czech Republic's government has approved the missile defense treaty, but it still requires the approval of the Czech parliament, where it faces strong opposition.
Mmm... I see, those MP who vote against the Radar would be braded as 'Russian spies'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

right at the end........
 
#6
engee said:
KGB_resident said:
engee said:
KGB_resident said:
Oh, those Russians
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

right at the end........
Indeed, I kept in mind Boney M, in fact quoiting their song.
yeah got that :lol:

we said something similar when they told us we couldn't have visas in August - well it was the same word count anyway
Only in August... In fact it is impossible to get Britih visa for Russian tourists (ordinary people, not so rich as mr.Abramovitch). Many tours to the UK have been cancelled.

Meanwhile I fancy Russian spies enter Great Britain without any problems.
 
#7
in the old days of the cold war in Germany i remember a yank general saying that the only good russian was a dead one. I wounder if the poor old Georgians feel that way can the Russians just not except that they shot there bolt and blew it and that they are not now a world power except for the the nukes that they have.
 
#8
KGB_resident said:
engee said:
KGB_resident said:
engee said:
KGB_resident said:
Oh, those Russians
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

right at the end........
Indeed, I kept in mind Boney M, in fact quoiting their song.
yeah got that :lol:

we said something similar when they told us we couldn't have visas in August - well it was the same word count anyway
Only in August... In fact it is impossible to get Britih visa for Russian tourists (ordinary people, not so rich as mr.Abramovitch). Many tours to the UK have been cancelled.

Meanwhile I fancy Russian spies enter Great Britain without any problems.
Unfortunately these were Official Visit/Diplomatic Visas - so obviously at the time these were the first kind of people who got fcuked about

Ah well, VTT in Omsk looks good :D
 

Latest Threads