Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian space tug?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

"A series of photos and computer-generated imagery, which surfaced on the Internet in 2020 and originated from KB Arsenal clearly revealed the latest version and the planned operation of a very large space tug propelled by electric engines and powered by a nuclear source."

Any spods or boffins care to speculate what it is likely for?

"A series of photos and computer-generated imagery, which surfaced on the Internet in 2020 and originated from KB Arsenal clearly revealed the latest version and the planned operation of a very large space tug propelled by electric engines and powered by a nuclear source."

Pure speculation, perhaps satellite recovery and movement.

Alternatively, with a bit of lateral thinking applied: There are various noises being made at the moment about extended space travel and exploration.

1. A few are openly planning manned launches to Mars, and
2. There is chatter about the Moon for use as:
a. A mining colony for rare minerals, and
b. As a transit location for Mars launches.

Having a heavy schlepper to move containers between Earth orbit and the Moon would be very useful. Further, with planned extended space travel it would make sense to have larger space station sized space craft which could not be assembled on Earth. Sending up modular units for final assembly either in orbit, or on the Moon would be more practical and would also need a heavy move capability.

I saw pictures of the module NASA were intending to use for three crew members to travel to Mars. Personally if they told me I could travel to mars in a Ford Mondeo sized object, and suck on tubed food, I would have told them to poke astronaut training. Now that Elon is on the scene and allowing his boffins to apply some science fiction thinking to their technology development rather than civil service thinking and budget management things are moving at a pace. It will be interesting to see where this all leads.

Me too, I imagined extraterrestrial masturbation and nazi lesbian space vixen vampires from Venus. Imagine my disappointment.

There is a secret invisible link hidden in the OP which will transport you there.

It's a commie dog whistle story. Hey look at this project instead of...

Cumming soon to a website near to you - Video of a circle jerk and/or bukkaki party aboard the ISS.

Simples. Russian Navy ships cannot go anywhere without an ocean-going tug in close company due to their propensity to break down. If the Russians are looking at a space navy, as they keep teasing, the little minxes, to counter Donald's Space Cadets, the prerequisite is a space navy tug.

Latest Threads