Russian soldiers to get more ZZZZZs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by codbutt, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Russian defence minister has just said that their conscripts will only have to get up at 7, head for their scratcher at 2300, and get an hour's kip after lunch. And only do a year's service now, too.
    Blimey! And Center Parcs said they're interested in business opportunities there too - could these events be connected? I think Sergey should tell us...
  2. Indeed mr.Serdyukov has made an interesting statement about conditions of service for conscripts (and contractniks as well).

However what will happen in the real life only God knows.

Mr.Serdyukov is a purely civil man, a former furniture trader and a son-in-law of close Putin's friend - a former PM mr.Zubkov.

Critics say that the proposition would turn the Army into a kindergarten or a resort.
  3. A Years serivce! It takes longer than that to train a kitten!
    I'd be interested to hear about the new contractniks conditions though, as I hear the deal they get is (by Russian forces standards) pretty sweet.
  4. Rest is a Principle of War. I keep telling my employer that, but he does not listen, even if he likes to use word like target, division, mission, objective, and eliminate.