Russian SF Pics

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by tomahawk6, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Must sweat alot wearing those balaclavas all the time!

2. If only all Ruskie soldiers were as hardcore as those spetsnaz guys!

3. Looks like a bunch of airsoft loons - are you sure its for real???

4. They can't be real pictures of Spetsnaz, not a stripey t-shirt in sight!

5. Apparantly the page 1 pics were one of the teams training, notice the BFAs on the rifles and lack of any body armour/webbing/spare ammunition.

I'm just reading that thread because it's pure comedy - it's an international dick waving competition with the usual "MY SF IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!111" arguments.

Hilarious.

6. The Spetsnaz are army special forces[they wear the striped shirt] and the rest are OZNAZ controlled by the FSB and Interior Ministry.

7. Spetznaz 'special'? My arrse......

When the pressure's on they are prone to panic like any other second rate military unit.

They still try and crawl across an open school playground in broad daylight with flamethrowers and wonder why it all goes pearshaped.

Does anyone remeber S.W.A.N.T. from Viz??

8. Nice pyjamas, im sure my three year old has a set very similar.

Special Forces? More like Special Needs.

9. Spot on, only one or two genuine photos and they are press pics. I have seen harder eggs!

10. It's the latest thing in sunblock. SPF 400.

11. Havnt Russia got more special forces than peasents?

12. these blokes are all Calvin Klein models. this was clearly one for the ladies and 'open minded' blokes.

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I think you'll find GRU Spetznaz troops only became 'badged' post the decline of the soviet era. Prior to that they were concealed within other units. They are not strictly just Army units, there is/was also Naval Brigade which is what we would have initially come across in Britain (I hear rumour the famous 'Prescott Punch' was taught to him by Naval Brigade in Hull ;)) which I suppose would be closest to the SBS?