Russian paratrooper tries to pass trial needed to join SAS

I had an Int analyst working for me who was in to body building. His shoulder and neck muscles were so big - and in reality, deformed - he struggled to fit on webbing harnesses etc and at full extension the belt would rest just below his nipples. A strange sight. And not Russian.

One of the Catering Corps lads at one posting was into the body beautiful. The thing is he looked like Adonis from the waist up and his legs looked like spindly noodles as he never worked on them.

The Americans are into op massive big time starting at High School when they are on one of the multitude of more or less compulsary to join school athletic/sports teams. My lads school has a weight room that is huge, full of machines and free weights......then I hear tales of 14 year olds who have blown out knees, or shoulders by overdoing it. Or they take steroids to get big enough to make the school American footie team to guarantee themselves an offer from a college/university team and receive a fee's paid education at uni.

BTW did the Russian bloke pass selection?

Hmmm. Let's face it, the Soviet national anthem blows God Save The Queen out of the water.
Introduced in 1944 though to inspire the Red Army fighting for the motherland not the communist system. Before that the national anthem was the International which didn't do it for the average Red Army grunt.

BTW did the Russian bloke pass selection?
The bloke claims that it is real phys. test for those who wish to join SAS

1628018126608.png

4 minutes - acceptable
3:40 - well
2:50 - excellent

The bloke finished the test for 1:53

But is it a real test? Is it indeed being used by SAS? I don't know.

Last edited:
It's vaguely possible that there is a bit more to joining the SAS than being a gym bunny and doing some PE.

It's vaguely possible that there is a bit more to joining the SAS than being a gym bunny and doing some PE.

TBH it looks like a try out for a gymnastics club.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The bloke claims that it is real phys. test for those who wish to join SAS

View attachment 593766

4 minutes - acceptable
3:40 - well
2:50 - excellent

The bloke finished the test for 1:53

But is it a real test? Is it indeed being used by SAS? I don't know.

Of course you don’t know. It’s like saying ‘we think selection includes ‘walking from the boathouse to the cookhouse in less than 5 minutes’ and then saying you did it in 3:40.

I must say it’s great to see that the enemy have a sense of humour and that they still wear those edgy t-shirts.

Of course you don’t know. It’s like saying ‘we think selection includes ‘walking from the boathouse to the cookhouse in less than 5 minutes’ and then saying you did it in 3:40.

I must say it’s great to see that the enemy have a sense of humour and that they still wear those edgy t-shirts.

I always thought the t-shirts either looked ghey, or truly sad. Ghey when worn by younger VDV types flexxing their biceps, and truly sad when worn by older, pot-bellied, vodka soaked types.

I always thought the t-shirts either looked ghey, or truly sad. Ghey when worn by younger VDV types flexxing their biceps, and truly sad when worn by older, pot-bellied, vodka soaked types.
As worn down at The Legion, I mean Всероссийский клуб пьяных ветеранов

Ritch

LE

You're absolutely right. My mate Chalky says that Fijian Bob tried to join 22 but he failed because he hadn't mastered joined up writing at the time. So he went home and leathered his wife.

That is the RAF Special Forces

Latest Threads