Russian navy caterer killed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by codbutt, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Russian Navy catering service chief found dead MOSCOW. July 5 (Interfax-AVN) - The chief of the Russian Navy's catering service was found dead with signs of apparent violence in the attic of his house in the community of Kupavna in the Moscow region, a police source told Interfax on Thursday.
    "The officer's body was found with signs of beating and with his hands tied up," the source said.

I think if we'd known the address of the person responsible for catering when I was at Dartmouth in '86, the results might have been similar....
  2. I don't know who killed him but he must be fearless, these service chefs have killed more men than the SAS!
  3. Never know could have been a bit of hanky panky that went wrong ?
  4. MAybe you could hire them to sort out Sodhexo?
  5. Wasn't there a story a while back about a Soviet submarine from their Pacific fleet that returned to base with the bodies of two dead crewmen in the freezers. They had died of starvation.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Rather than eat the food? Since when has the MOD been responsible for feeding the Russian navy?
  7. I think whoever invented horror bags should be subjected to a relentless and sustained horrific experience.
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You mean . . . like the one we shared? :twisted:
  9. Er, do you work for the post office?
  10. you havent thought perhaps they made the Hit have you 8O
  11. Perhaps he was attempting to join the Tories and there was an unfortunate mishap. And being in the Russian forces, he couldn't afford an orange.
  12. No, because a)the guy is dead, b)he was tied up properly and c)the tecs are still stumped...Also Sodexho's IA for an Eastern European chef is to hire them not shoot them...
  13. doh your correct on all counts of course ...... :oops: its early :oops: im tired :oops: im being blonde and not in the good way 8O what can i say ....... shoot me :p
  14. While the attempts to draw a correlation between the quality of food served and this death have their humerous merits... the sad fact is a man has been murdered by unknown persons for reasons undisclosed. Could've been a simple home invasion robbery or a narcotics deal gone bad for all we know.

So until the details are made public, I will simply say rest in peace.
  15. Given that his job probably involved purchasing lots of food, I'd imagine his death was related to organized crime, actually. He probably refused to give the contract for supplies to someone who wanted it on their terms. This sort of thing is not unusual in Russia, alas.