Russian navy caterer killed

Russian Navy catering service chief found dead MOSCOW. July 5 (Interfax-AVN) - The chief of the Russian Navy's catering service was found dead with signs of apparent violence in the attic of his house in the community of Kupavna in the Moscow region, a police source told Interfax on Thursday.
"The officer's body was found with signs of beating and with his hands tied up," the source said.

I think if we'd known the address of the person responsible for catering when I was at Dartmouth in '86, the results might have been similar....

codbutt said:
Russian Navy catering service chief found dead MOSCOW. July 5 (Interfax-AVN) - The chief of the Russian Navy's catering service was found dead with signs of apparent violence in the attic of his house in the community of Kupavna in the Moscow region, a police source told Interfax on Thursday.
"The officer's body was found with signs of beating and with his hands tied up," the source said.

I think if we'd known the address of the person responsible for catering when I was at Dartmouth in '86, the results might have been similar....
I don't know who killed him but he must be fearless, these service chefs have killed more men than the SAS!

Wasn't there a story a while back about a Soviet submarine from their Pacific fleet that returned to base with the bodies of two dead crewmen in the freezers. They had died of starvation.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Rather than eat the food? Since when has the MOD been responsible for feeding the Russian navy?

I think whoever invented horror bags should be subjected to a relentless and sustained horrific experience.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean . . . like the one we shared? :twisted:

Biped said:
You mean . . . like the one we shared? :twisted:
Er, do you work for the post office?

Perhaps he was attempting to join the Tories and there was an unfortunate mishap. And being in the Russian forces, he couldn't afford an orange.

halo_jones said:
Biscuits_AB said:
MAybe you could hire them to sort out Sodhexo?
you havent thought perhaps they made the Hit have you 8O
No, because a)the guy is dead, b)he was tied up properly and c)the tecs are still stumped...Also Sodexho's IA for an Eastern European chef is to hire them not shoot them...

Cuddles said:
halo_jones said:
Biscuits_AB said:
MAybe you could hire them to sort out Sodhexo?
you havent thought perhaps they made the Hit have you 8O
No, because a)the guy is dead, b)he was tied up properly and c)the tecs are still stumped...Also Sodexho's IA for an Eastern European chef is to hire them not shoot them...
doh your correct on all counts of course ...... :oops: its early :oops: im tired :oops: im being blonde and not in the good way 8O what can i say ....... shoot me :p

While the attempts to draw a correlation between the quality of food served and this death have their humerous merits... the sad fact is a man has been murdered by unknown persons for reasons undisclosed. Could've been a simple home invasion robbery or a narcotics deal gone bad for all we know.

So until the details are made public, I will simply say rest in peace.

Given that his job probably involved purchasing lots of food, I'd imagine his death was related to organized crime, actually. He probably refused to give the contract for supplies to someone who wanted it on their terms. This sort of thing is not unusual in Russia, alas.

Khyros said:
While the attempts to draw a correlation between the quality of food served and this death have their humerous merits... the sad fact is a man has been murdered by unknown persons for reasons undisclosed. Could've been a simple home invasion robbery or a narcotics deal gone bad for all we know.

So until the details are made public, I will simply say rest in peace.
Khyros, I find your attitude positively un-American. Joe McCarthy must be spinning in his grave! [marq=up][marq=down](Does flippantly mentioning a dead member of their national legislature make it better or worse...I'm not sure?)[/marq][/marq] Even Americans don't spell humourous the way you did

. However you do have a good point, the killer is probably still out there. He may be a serial killer aiming at the international military catering community. So any RLC chefs who aren't safely on deployment "keep 'em peeled" and "don't have nightmares"...

Pfft... hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet and it was a late night. :p

Keep in mind however... revelations after the fall of the Soviet Union proved McCarthy was right about the degree of communist infiltration! Have to wonder what the result would have been had he quietly pursued an investigation rather than foaming at the mouth and turning himself into a pariah.

Latest Threads