Russian "Justice"

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Dec 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And this is the government we trust with our strategic security by handcuffing ourselves together in a START treaty rushed through by our Masters so He can "rebound" from the by-election debacle.

< >
  2. He went up against Vlad Putin, aka the Dark Tsar; he's lucky he's not melting into a glowing puddle inside a lead-lined coffin.
  3. So true. There is a funny series of pictures of the Jedi Knight from Moscow and our Master (you do know He is a Nobel Laureate?) going around here that makes that comparison quite well.
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest coming from a country with a 1000 year old regime (admittedly with numerous changes of BoD within the Firm and a small break for a Lord Protector whose presence remains only via the Lifeguards and Coldstreams I believe?), it makes me wonder what our political twonks think they're up to. Not just the last lot, but I hear it reported that Thatcher wasn't the most respectful either.

If only we lived in a country where the political leader was ex military intelligence and a fully signed up member of the party (our equivalent would be the Firm/firm/office/mob) we'd have a lot less problems. Certainly better that nouveau bourgeois (social, political or fiscal) telling us all what's good for us...
  5. I should think there are a few other possibilities that would be better than either of the extremes you suggest.
  6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Good. Perhaps you can play with such possibilities over there in the new world. Perhaps we can export people like Tony and Margaret over to you (as the US seems so fond of them) to sip orange juice in Florida; job done!
  7. Many thanks for the kind offer. It is the fervent hope of a growing number of us that we can find our own who will begin to return us to a more positive path after the 2012 election. We are skeptical but hopeful.
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Oh I wasn't suggesting they do any politics. Go on, you've got loads of space over there. We could easily get rid of say at least 20 million. We'll only send you the ones with some money who really really love america, you know Bloomingdales, Disney etc; weekend trips to become a way of life! Pledge of allegiance and you're good to go.
  9. If they are white and have any education they will have to form up at tbe end of the queue.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

That's a shame as that was exactly the kind of 'brain' drain we require, we'll throw in a few 'educated' from other ethnicities if you're prepared to deal?
  11. ;-)..........
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Job's a goodun...nod's as good as a wink to a blind man... :thumleft:
  13. Putin--one devious,hard,cold ,dark, murderous looking bassa.---which as as ex KGB would be expected.--Could be a character from Bond film.
    Life imitates art?--Reckon the Bond film senarios will eventually come to fruit.Guaranteed nukes of some sort will bang in western cities in next 10-20 years.(with relevance to Bond senario---not Putin)-and the country /west is full of fifth collumists.

Off topic?(pissed)

Scary bugger

Safer off with Yeltsin(pissed like me)
  14. You still have pretty good insight in my opinion!
  15. Go and see what Kenneth Dart has to say about Khodorkovsky. He was the biggest crook out - diluting shareholders' stakes in Yukos, and dragging them through the courts to stop them getting their property back. The mayor of Nizhnevartovsk stood up to him and ended up dead. He's an utter scumbag. His final mistake was to tell Putin to go and f*ck off, when Putin gave him the best offer you could ever hope to get - shut up, stay out of politics, pay your taxes and you get to keep the multibillion dollar businesses you stole for got given for free.
    Of course, Putin and his boys are just as bad, and the only real reason he's in there is for standing up to Putin, not for his economic crimes. But that doesn't mean he's not a crook - he's just a crook who was stupid enough to forget that he couldn't walk on water, when other people in Russia could see which way the wind was blowing and kept their heads down.
    If Russia's opposition has to pin their hopes on people like this, God help them. The man was a reckless, power mad chancer. Best leave him in the slammer.