Russian interference in recent UK elections?

Yokel

LE
For years almost everyone has pointed out Russian interference in Western democratic processes. They just Russia is embarking on a savage war with its neighbour, and mounting a propaganda campaign against Britain, we have elections that are dominated by the performance of parties that want to break up the UK, undermine our nuclear deterrent (which is committed to NATO), and distract the Government from Moscow's actions.

A bit of a coincidence - no?

I don't think so. I think it's more to do with the MSM's intensive anti-Boris campaign filtering down to the tards who are unable to look beyond a slice of birthday cake and understand the important issues the country's had to face. Council elections aren't the same as a G.E. so tend not to reflect too closely to how people will vote in that regard.

For years almost everyone has pointed out Russian interference in Western democratic processes. They just Russia is embarking on a savage war with its neighbour, and mounting a propaganda campaign against Britain, we have elections that are dominated by the performance of parties that want to break up the UK, undermine our nuclear deterrent (which is committed to NATO), and distract the Government from Moscow's actions.

A bit of a coincidence - no?

No. Let me advance another idea:

Turnout seems to have been abnormally low. I keep seeing umbers in the low to mid 20% for turn out, historically local elections are usually in the 30-40%.
Thus, the cranks loonies and those really dedicated to voting were the only ones to show up. With such a low turn out then the voting power of a single vote is much larger, so the nutters have more impact.

D

Deleted 139028

No. Let me advance another idea:

Turnout seems to have been abnormally low. I keep seeing umbers in the low to mid 20% for turn out, historically local elections are usually in the 30-40%.
Thus, the cranks loonies and those really dedicated to voting were the only ones to show up. With such a low turn out then the voting power of a single vote is much larger, so the nutters have more impact.
Am I the only one old enough to remember almost all governments, whatever the colour, getting a kicking mid-term?

Or am I senile*.

* Still

Latest Threads