Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Russian 'intelligence' comedy of errors

In the modern age, it's virtually impossible to hide your true identity. Everyone below the age of 30, has an extensive digital trail. Setting up a fake legend, that will stand up to scrutiny once you are in the cross hairs is exceptionally difficult. Well beyond the competency of these clowns obviously. Amateur hour doesn't cover it.
Technologies, all that computers, smartphones, banks, cameras, all of this are just the tools. Question is about ability to use those tools to gather info about enemy and to hide or mask your own info. Creation of illusions - one of the best way to fake self-confident laymen...

The CCTV system is owned and operated by Salisbury City Council, who have no mandate to police espionage. The council is elected on their ability to do things like keep the pavements clear of dangerous slush etc.

The trolls aren't interested in the council CCTV, they are interested in other CCTV as they know the locations and coverage of the council CCTV, but are totally unaware of private or domestic CCTV coverage.

Oh, and when I say trolls I'm also referring to the Russian state.

You may remember that when it became apparent that the GRU assassins had left the Novichock where it may be discovered (way before it was released in the MSM) certain trolls seemed to really concentrate on CCTV footage in the area.
They used a two prong approach of: mocking the CCTV systems in the area to try to flush out extra info, and by showing non relevent CCTV images in the hope that perhaps posters would add extra detail or point to more relevant footage.

For posters new to the thread it could be worth going back to the dates involved in the previous threads, you will see 118 showing a few clips from one commercial food outlets CCTV and 'crowing' there was no footage of use.
It was pretty knowing their was full footage of the pair of assassins walking around in mildly wet streets while at the same time 118 was saying there was no evidence, and then later trying to duscredit the CCTV that they only got to mention around three months after it had been studied in detail by those who actually needed to. :)

There is absolutely no evidence that there were more than two Russians in Salisbury that weekend. Obviously, all the slush would have kept Russians away.

For clarity, I think you will find there were!
The GRU didn't actually just come all the way to Salisbury to fail to visit a cathedral, that's why they brought Novichock instead of a decent camera ;)

Would you like to see any of the stills or video of the pair of GRU operatives from:

Commercial premises CCTV.
Retail premises CCTV (different footage to the ones you posted).
Domestic household CCTV.
Stills or video from other tourists.
Dash cam footage from private vehicles.
Dashcam footage from parked private vehicles using motion sense.
Dash cam footage from Taxis.
Dash cam footage from buses.
Exterior CCTV footage from buses.
Plus from many other Salisbury CCTV/video/stills footage?.

I said: No. You made the claim, not me, and not the UK Government. "There were many Russian tourists in Salisbury "

Now you justify that claim with facts. How many Russians in Salisbury on those specific days? If you don't - or more likely, can't - it's simply yet another example of your fudging the facts with bluster.
Who knows? UK is tourist-friendly country, Russian state nor can, neither wish to control every tourist there. In 2017 there were near 190 thousand of organised (by tourfirms) touristic visits directly from Russia to UK, most popular of them 8 days long.
Российский турпоток в Великобританию практически вышел на уровни докризисных лет | Туристический бизнес Санкт-Петербурга

But it is only part of touristic flow - many Russians buy tickets by themselves, or visit UK from the other countries.

Right now, most popular one day-long tour is London and Salisbury.
World. Salisbury's Popularity Has Grown Among Russian Tourists

Google say that there are four major visitor attractions, attracting more than 500,000 visitors per annum, within the Salisbury locale.
If Russians are near 5% of them, it is near 25 thousands Russian visitors every year, near 70 Russian tourist a day, much more at holidays and weekends, much less other days.
Just a statistic.

Do you want to say, that they have no cameras, controlling house of the "former spy" and streets around it? Espionage it is the much more seriouse crime, than hooliganism or something. I believe that even Brits can not be so stupid.

No the British do not monitor by camera the streets around "former spy" what would be the point?

24 hour monitoring of a street to see people passing up and down all day 365 days a year what would be the point? The cost would be crazy for what? (People expect a decent wage in the UK, they don't work for cabbages and potatos in a Troll farm)

How would you know if someone was up to no good, and then get the police there in quick time, or the Sweeny or James?

But guess what, your specially trained and expert operative were caught on camera, numerous times and been identified, I can't believe the GU can be so stupid! oh wait yes they are. So what are they tourists, (who can't actually find any tourist landmarks, or dietary supplement businessmen who mistook Sainsbury for Salisbury?)

" Alexander, Sergei told me Sainsbury UK has good dietary supplements"
"Good idea Anatoliy, Ive already ordered the tickets to London and we can pop to Salisbury to have a look".

You are an actual moron aren't you, yeah Brits are so stupid that our MI6 operatives register thier private cars address at 85 Albert Embankment, Vauxhall. Wait that would be Russian GU operatives who register their cars at their headquaters to avoid taxes and speeding fines (good operational security that).

The CCTV system is owned and operated by Salisbury City Council, who have no mandate to police espionage. The council is elected on their ability to do things like keep the pavements clear of dangerous slush etc.

Which they failed to do! driving away innocent Russian tourists who are afraid of slush. Not acceptable I say, at least the brave guys came back the next day in a vain attempt to totally miss the Cathedral, buy supplements, etc etc.

There is absolutely no evidence that there were more than two Russians in Salisbury that weekend. Obviously, all the slush would have kept Russians away.
Ha! Technically, you can say that Skripal and Chapiga are Ukrainian surnames, so there are no evidence, that there were more than one Russian.

Who knows? UK is tourist-friendly country, Russian state nor can, neither wish to control every tourist there. In 2017 there were near 190 thousand of organised (by tourfirms) touristic visits directly from Russia to UK, most popular of them 8 days long.
Российский турпоток в Великобританию практически вышел на уровни докризисных лет | Туристический бизнес Санкт-Петербурга

But it is only part of touristic flow - many Russians buy tickets by themselves, or visit UK from the other countries.

Right now, most popular one day-long tour is London and Salisbury.
World. Salisbury's Popularity Has Grown Among Russian Tourists

Google say that there are four major visitor attractions, attracting more than 500,000 visitors per annum, within the Salisbury locale.
If Russians are near 5% of them, it is near 25 thousands Russian visitors every year, near 70 Russian tourist a day, much more at holidays and weekends, much less other days.
Just a statistic.

HOLD THE PRESS

The hit on the Skripals must have been done by Salisbury Council -DUH DUH DERRRRRR

I can see the Council chamber - How do we increase visitor revenue"?

""Kill the russian dissident in our city"!

Ïts crazy but it might just work"

Salisbury locale! that would include stonehendge, Bath, Westbury white Horse and various other significant historical sites around there

Ive been to stone henge and the white horse and do you know what never had to go to or through Salisbury, its a pretty minor small market town. (I apologise to Salisbury residents for belittling your town - opps CITY - sorry forgot you had a cathedral, like ur russian visitors did)

You are using visitor number after Salisbury became known to Russians to say there were lots of Russinas before - you do know how much of an idiot you come across as right?

Ha! Technically, you can say that Skripal and Chapiga are Ukrainian surnames, so there are no evidence, that there were more than one Russian.
I was taking that into account. The two Russians I was referring to are the two who stated on camera that they were indeed in Salisbury - Dr. Aleksandr Yevgenyevich Mishkin and Colonel Anatoly Chepiga. The only two brave enough to take on the slush.

Ohh now they are Ukrainian.

Russia must be the only European Country where your surname still signifies where you were born. It is such an ethnically pure country no one who doesn't have a pure Russian name can come from there.

**** WIT

HOLD THE PRESS

The hit on the Skripals must have been done by Salisbury Council -DUH DUH DERRRRRR

I can see the Council chamber - How do we increase visitor revenue"?

""Kill the russian dissident in our city"!

Ïts crazy but it might just work"

Salisbury locale! that would include stonehendge, Bath, Westbury white Horse and various other significant historical sites around there

Ive been to stone henge and the white horse and do you know what never had to go to or through Salisbury, its a pretty minor small market town. (I apologise to Salisbury residents for belittling your town - opps CITY - sorry forgot you had a cathedral, like ur russian visitors did)

You are using visitor number after Salisbury became known to Russians to say there were lots of Russinas before - you do know how much of an idiot you come across as right?

I can see where you went wrong :)
There is more than one white horse in the area. You should have visited more of them.
Our pair of GRU bunglers had a similar issue, they went to Salisbury and only had a petrol forecourt and the train station on their list of things to visit.
Their subsequent boredom led to a game of 'I spy with my little eye' which clearly got out of hand.

ooooooh, oooh, me sir! Me!

History of Ukraine - Wikipedia

Kiev - yep, historically speaking Russians are the younger ugly ginger-headed step-children (YSWIDT?) of the of the more sophisticated and educated Ukes*, oh the shame!

*It's a relative term, Odesa is still a second-world shit-hole

Better still, the Ukrainians *are* the original Russians, Putin and his cronies are a load of Russian walts...