Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Russian Infantryman of the Year and other Russian military fails.

I tend to view the ‘eastern’ front as two evil empires murdering each other’s people and their own.

It can’t be easy to come to terms with your grandfathers sacrifice to stroke the ego of Stalin and Hitler and the criminals around them both.

Think of how many lives would have been saved if the russ had just surrendered to the Germans right in the beginning.

Stay away from certain actors. Allegedly, when the bank that a certain persons wife worked for hired a certain actor to meet, greet and shake hands at Monterey he spent the entire week shitfaced - all day, every day. Publicly pissed himself, climbed on the roof of the very expensive golf resort hotel throwing things at people, and was generally an embarassment to himself.

I’ve still got a pocket full of belt buckles and a rather smart furry hat somewhere.
I've got a sable hat... and you don't. ;-)

lee-marvin (2).jpg

"President Biden announced today that he would love to send military aid to Ukraine but unfortunately he's already given it all to the Taliban."
Biden Failure.JPG

An oldie but a goodie. This numbskull did the right thing completely wrong - it was almost like he had a senior moment (or a stroke) and gave the order to pull out when he was non corpus mentis.

Well, at least the Army is getting some new toys.

New Army Battle Rifle.JPG

View attachment 661672

An oldie but a goodie. This numbskull did the right thing completely wrong - it was almost like he had a senior moment (or a stroke) and gave the order to pull out when he was non corpus mentis.

Well, at least the Army is getting some new toys.

View attachment 661673
At time I was puzzled - why the Americans left Afghanistan in so fast, unprepared way, left a lot of military hardware, abandoned their local puppets.
But now it is clear that looming war in Ukraine would cause massive US weapons supplies to the Kiev regime. Moscow no doubt would pay by the same coin - to supply Taliban with weapons to hit US military bases in the country. As a result Washington's retreat would be much more painful and humiliating.
So Biden's decision to leave Afghanistan was in fact logical and politically well calculated.

So Biden's decision to leave Afghanistan was in fact logical and politically well calculated.
You give Sleepy Joe too much credit, Sergei. Nothing Biden does is well calculated. Biden didn't think ahead about the shameless scuttle from Afghanistan. He only knew he wanted to do the exact opposite of what Mr. Trump had done, and devil take the consequences. Why then did he close Bagram AFB in July and order the American staff to pull out under cover of darkness and leave the Afghans with their mouths hanging open? And then lied about it to the American people in the so-called Lamestream Media? I respect the Office of the President of the United States, but I don't respect this mentally ill politician who has been "elected" to the office. Neither does Putin, I suspect.

FWIW, I thought it was high time we got out of Afghanistan. We had been there for 20 years and we were not getting our bang for our bucks$$$. We had already gotten Bin Laudin, and that was on Obama's watch, so what were we wasting our time and treasure in Afghanistan for? Simply so some yahoo could paint an image of St. George of Floyd on a market stall in Kabul?

Dumb-Kirk.jpeg

You give Sleepy Joe too much credit, Sergei. Nothing Biden does is well calculated. Biden didn't think ahead about the shameless scuttle from Afghanistan. He only knew he wanted to do the exact opposite of what Mr. Trump had done, and devil take the consequences. Why then did he close Bagram AFB in July and order the American staff to pull out under cover of darkness and leave the Afghans with their mouths hanging open? And then lied about it to the American people in the so-called Lamestream Media? I respect the Office of the President of the United States, but I don't respect this mentally ill politician who has been "elected" to the office. Neither does Putin, I suspect.

FWIW, I thought it was high time we got out of Afghanistan. We had been there for 20 years and we were not getting our bang for our bucks$$$. We had already gotten Bin Laudin, and that was on Obama's watch, so what were we wasting our time and treasure in Afghanistan for? Simply so some yahoo could paint an image of St. George of Floyd on a market stall in Kabul?

View attachment 661680

I suppose that pres.Biden is nothing but a nominal leader. No doubt he is surrounded by people with brains and strategical thinking.
This or that way, Washington now is free from Afghan burden and can concentrate on strategical objectives.

Don't forget the Russian disregard for human life. Take the Eastern Front as an example
There are documented cases from the 1942-43 of Stalin remonstrating with field commanders over their casualty rates in the Ukraine offensive.

He was prepared to accept high casualties but only for appreciable gain in either territory or the destruction of German formations.

At time I was puzzled - why the Americans left Afghanistan in so fast, unprepared way, left a lot of military hardware, abandoned their local puppets.

Are you forgetting that there was a coalition of about 60 countries in Afghanistan? When did the others leave?

No where near

Stilla
Well done you. You’ve confused someone who’s first language is not English by using some obscure bit of pidgin English. I have no idea what you mean by ‘stilla’ either. If you have something useful to contribute why not do it instead of pretending to be clever.

Last edited: