Russian helps Para...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PompeySailor, May 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4980358.stm

Kalr Bushby (ex Para) was held in Russia during his round the world walk, and Roman Abramovich (Mr Chelski) has stepped in to sort the problems out. Well, "his guys got involved" is the official statement.....

2. i must say thats pretty big of him to help out, i don't think he get much out of it except good pubblicity

3. He's probably got more power than Putin.

He's certainly got more money.

4. Walking around the world FFS. Has,nt this bloke heard of Easy jet ???? Then again walking would probally be quicker & a lot less painfull.

LT.

5. He thought you got Stelios Haji-Iannou from a Greek restaurant.

And at least his left foot wasn't redirected to Prestwick.

6. I think Abramovich is governor or similar of a district of Russia in the area, if not that district. He basically owns a massive chunk of the country. Maybe Sergei would know more detail?

CW

7. Roman Abramovich, the billionaire owner of Chelsea football team, has been sworn in for a new five-year term as the governor of Chukotka in Russia.
    The region, on the far eastern tip of Siberia, facing Alaska, has been beset by financial problems and was declared bankrupt by Russian auditors last year.

From the Beeb last year.

8. Cheers Mistersoft, thats the one. So not so surprising that Abramovich stepped in seeing as that's where Karl Bushby was having the problems!

9. Exactly. He owns the place, and he's far enough away from Moscow to do pretty much what he likes with it...

But that was before he did a Chelsea with it - they're a lot happier now, and think he is God's gift.

10. As do lots of Chelsea fans who happen to be in high places. Which could certainly come in handy when it comes to a possible extradition for 'gangster' activities back home

11. Yep. Of course, those of us without squillions need to think of a slightly more modest exit strategy.

How much is Sodding Chipbury Wanderers FC going for these days?

12. A formal title of mr.Abramovich in 'a head of administration' of Chukotka region (informally a term governor is frequently used). Mr.Abramovitch registered some of his firms in the region and filled by taxes local budget.

Don't pay much attention to this juridicial circus with the first and second trial. The situation was clear enough and mr.Bushby will recieve a full support on Russian stage of his journey.

From formal point of the pair violated Russian law and the delay was a message to others that it would not be tolerated.

PS. Don't think that mr.Abramovich is a master of Chukotka. As for security matters then he is not definetely a decision maker.

13. Sergei...sometimes you are an annoying knob, sometimes you are a complete and utter knob...on this thread, as on so many others, you are a boring fcuking knob. I don't really care any more whether you really are russian but I do care about a)annoying and b)boring. sort your life out chum and if you can't, then don't post anymore. You annoying, complete boring knob....

Actually I'm in quite a good mood Sergei but thanks for your concerns...

14. Lieber Cuddles!

Ihr Hund gefählt mir sehr gut. Ich hatte auch einen Labrador. Leider ist mein Hund vor drei Jahren vor Leberkrebs gestorben. Es war sehr grosser Schlag für unsere Famie. Unsere Daniela (so hiess der Hund) war echtes Familienglied. Sie war Ihrem Hund ähnlich, aber die Farbe war gelb-weiss. In einem internationalem Wettbewerb bekamm sie den Titel “Der beste Hund”. Jetzt haben wir amerikan Staffordshire Terrier.

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Stick to English KGB, it's better than your German.