Russian fleet in the med

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by azimghur1990, Jul 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Any thoughts or did you just want to practice using your words?
  2. Well I thought it would maybe interest a few of the Intellectuals on here, Hence the "Current Affairs, News and Analysis" Not the NAAFI. If you don't have anything to say then don't say anything.

And don't bother trying to get me to bite.
    Or type for the sake of typing.
  3. You mean the Russians scrapped together some ships from their Black Sea base, passed through Turkey to their leased base in Syria because they couldn't send merchant shipping via the North Seas (to supply Assad).

And it's 7 hours old news.

I even find the Economist lacking insight these days.
  4. A lot of the Russian surface fleet have been re-fitted recently, with even older ships flying ensigns so that crews stay 'active' 650 has recently been upgraded and its on its way to the region.

Might also be in response to Irans threat to tax shipping in the Hormuz Straight.

Just kids in the playground flexing their muscles
  5. Russia............! How fares the Tsar?

6. Are you quoting Winston or his father? I guess it's a chicken and egg thing...

Now he wouldnt have let the Russian 'fleet' get out of the black sea.
  7. Then post an opinion or question, not just a link. And stop capitalising random words.
  8. I think you will find that NAAFI is not a random word its an acronym and is supposed to be in upper case letters.
  9. Well since we are now arguing about capitalization let me just say that I am learning German and their habits towards big-letters is doing my nut right in.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. If the Japanese send a fleet to the Med it might give the Russians nasty flashbacks!
    Battle of Tsushima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  11. What about talking about the post and not my grammar.
  12. **** me that signature block is clever - for a moment I thought a penguin was really spying on me!

What's the capbadge by the way?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Even after all these years it still gets me.
  14. That had its funny side, the russians apparently opened fire on some trawlers whilst passing us. Not clear if it was a gunnery exercise[in which case it couldnt have done much good] or they thought we were nips.