Russian Crimson Berets

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Aug 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Twice a year, Vityaz, the Interior Ministry’s special operations force (commonly known as spetsnaz), holds qualification trials for Crimson Berets, which are awarded for distinguished professional and moral excellence.

[​IMG]

The applicant only receives qualification if he sustains 12 minutes of active full-contact combat against four opponents in a row, three minutes each. At least one of the opponents must already be a Crimson Beret.

[​IMG]

2. Why can't they shape their berets properly?

3. Remember hearing stories about them ,supposedly one of their main weapons is the entrenching spade.Sharpened to the nines and they use it as a preferred weapon for cqb.Always told they would be the first over the border ahead of third shock army.

4. Probably they need a British instructor.

[​IMG]

But first his skills would be tested.

5. I know he's got a dodgy beret on, but why is he kicking him in the jewels...that's a bit strong.

6. And he's wearing his PJ bottoms. This must be the Russian equivalent of RM beatings, with boxing mitts instead of roll mats.

7. They don't give you a lot of time to get changed do they. That lad on the left only just managed park his Honda.

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Sergey, 1.) when did GRU Spetznaz form as regiments post the Soviet Era rather than as 'embedded' and 2.) Is there still a naval brigade?

9. have to admit that helmit is a bit excessive!!

10. Only when you're sticking the nut on some f*cker.

11. You are right

http://www.spetsnaz-gru.com/spetsnaz-entrenching-shovel-1.htm

By the way. Are British servicemen being trained to use a sapper shovel as a weapon?

1. GRU Spetznz is a very closed structure. However anyone can buy a 50-min video for $39.95

http://www.spetsnaz-gru.com/spetsnaz-hand-to-hand-combat-training.htm

Btw, my uncle is a former colonel of GRU.

2. Naval brigade? Alas, I don't know much about it. As I have heard 'Dolphin' - a combat diver "incursion" unit similar to the U.S. Navy SEALs still exists as FSB structure.

13. First genuine bit of experience-based advice I ever received, from one of the chaps that captured and held the Primosole bridge in Sicily: 'Always carry a shovel into action - you can dig in with it and you can bash heads in with it, as well'.

14. That is a myth perpetuated after a photo of a spetznaz soldier was published throwing a spade whilst jumping over an obsicle years ago. Not wanting to dismiss the rumour they started to advertise this activity as fact. A bit like the carrots and nightvision myth created by the RAF after their radar equipped nightfighters started to have large successes and they justified these by stateing that the pilots were eating more carrots.

15. I know the german army in russia during WW2 used them Sven Hassell said so in his books