Russian cosmonauts can drink legaly now.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jan 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=PREQHNP1KY4SBQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/01/15/wruss15.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/01/15/ixportal.html

Btw, my surname is the same.

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

hey Sergei,

we hear it's a little chilly in Mockba right now? Tell us all about what its like getting to work ....How are the babushcki coping ?
    [​IMG]

Le Chevre << En avant mes braves - General Février s'arrive!>>

3. I've flown with a drunken Russian pilot, which was nice! 8O

Is there ANY situation which you guys find it inappropriate to be under the influence?

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Richard Owen - On Soviet efforts to decrease drinking, London Times 17 May 85
    :lol:

5. They certainly know how to drink. I remember back in the early days of Glasnost when Reagan was entertaining Andropov(? :? )
    the Secret Service threw a party for their Russian counterparts.
    After each consuming a bottle or two of Rooski barking juice, the septics where getting all emotional and indulging in some serious bezzering,
    "I frickin love you Ivan, you're essence you are, but if you where to try and grease my principal.......blah, blah"
    Apparently, the KGB blokes where all sober as judges and totally non-plussed.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

That'll be the pound of butter they swallowed to line their stomachs before coming out for a night on the lash :)

7. Worried about your bird, Goatman? :D Isn't that sweet.

8. I agree with sandmanfez - the Ivans can certainly put it away and remain cogent!
    I was in the former GDR from Feb. 1990 until March 1996, and had many a brush with the Ivans in those first months.
    At one party " between the former enemies" for military and ex personnel to which I was invited, the whole company (about thirty people in all) did some very serious damage to a huge pile of vodka crates. And while the Ivans carried on with quite interesting and philosophical conversations, the Krauts present were staggering around singing inane songs and sliding liquidly under various tables. The Ivans did seem to consume a lot of bread smeared with lard, but so did the Krauts!
    Maybe it's just different cultures.

Slightly off-thread.
    I remember reading about some Septic on an Ivan space-ride, who was impressed with the way the lead cosmonaut stood up and looked out of one of the forward windows as he peroformed the highly complicated and very delicate docking procedure to the Ivan space-station.
    Your Septic astronaut asked why the Ivan cosmonaut hadn't used the automatic docking facility. Whereupon the Ivan cosmonaut replied, deadfaced:
    "What automatic docking facility?!
    I don't know if that's an urban myth or not, but I'd like to think it is.

MsG

9. so thats why price of champage goes up when there are more UFO sightings around the world

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Y'know...I've never really believed all that stuff about UCLA talent......at least my bird knows her way around a bottle of Vodka :lol:
    Those Kalifonian wimmin you spend your idle hours disentangling from would prolly shop me to Alcoholics Anonymous and then sign me up for [on Valley Girl] therapy[/valley Girl]

...and yes I do feel sorry for my ole babuschka - because it's always people like this who have to find enough for a sack of potatoes to last them through the winter.....

( That said the old bat is prolly matriarch of the local Dolgoruki....but check out her granddaughter !! :lol: )