Russian commander used special troops against police

Russian commander 'used' special troops to block police search of relative's factory

It is a loud story now in Russia. The investigation is under way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-to-block-police-search-of-sons-factory.html#

The allegations, made in the liberal newspaper Novaya Gazeta, have prompted the defence ministry to launch a probe that threatens the career of Lieutenant General Vladimir Shamanov, head of Russia's airborne troops.

A Kremlin favourite, the general is a decorated Hero of Russia and commanded Russian forces in the Georgian breakaway region of Abkhazia last year.

The allegations are backed by a leaked police intercept of General Shamanov's mobile telephone conversations in which he is heard ordering a subordinate to mobilise twenty Special forces troops to stop and "intern" a police investigator trying to search a Moscow factory. According to Novaya Gazeta, the factory, valued at up to $25m, is owned by the general's son-in-law. His son sits on the board, and his daughter is laying claim to half ownership. The general's son-in-law is a fugitive from justice who is wanted for attempted murder.
Just now REN-TV Channel (one of the few relatively independent TV channels) brodcasted the intercepted telophone call. It should be said that that day police investigator was beaten.

Who is general Shamanov?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Shamanov

Nothing good ever happens like that in our communist sh1t hole. Whats so good about Russia?

Has the European Soviet Union now got some authority in Russia?

We can look forward to this sort of sh!t as the ESU ball really gets rolling.

This could cause some problems!Don't the Russians pretty much love the V.D.V.?It won't look very clever if their taking on the Police(Militia?)?

lol Sergey, that's a really long stretch to connect this guy with George Bush, but I got to give you credit, well done.

One flaw however, everyone knows Bush was a moron so his story of "not knowing" will carry a lot of weight.

ghost_us said:
lol Sergey, that's a really long stretch to connect this guy with George Bush, but I got to give you credit, well done.

One flaw however, everyone knows Bush was a moron so his story of "not knowing" will carry a lot of weight.

Gen.Shamanov (right) with You-Know-Who.

The General took active part in the short war with Georgia. In fact he headed troops on the Western flank, in Abkhazia.

The factory in question produces equipment for sport.

KGB_resident said:
ghost_us said:

The General took active part in the short war with Georgia. In fact he headed troops on the Western flank, in Abkhazia.

What calibre? :D :D

KGB_resident said:
ghost_us said:

And I do believe he is wearing a Russian made suit :lol: