russian campaign

Could someone give me a few pointers?
As a kid I seen a lot of photos of my grandfather in uniform (the usual stuff crossed bandoliers putees and cane)
He was Royal artillery and rode the lead horse on a gun carriage(also on photo) and was in russia in 1919.
My problem is that I can't seem to find any reference to any RA in that campaign especially ones recruited from the Glamorgan/Monmouthshire area?.
Obviously over the years photos disappear so I cant relook at them for information.
I would just like to get some idea where to start looking and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Could someone give me a few pointers?
As a kid I seen a lot of photos of my grandfather in uniform (the usual stuff crossed bandoliers putees and cane)
He was Royal artillery and rode the lead horse on a gun carriage(also on photo) and was in russia in 1919.
My problem is that I can't seem to find any reference to any RA in that campaign especially ones recruited from the Glamorgan/Monmouthshire area?.
Obviously over the years photos disappear so I cant relook at them for information.
I would just like to get some idea where to start looking and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Been done on another thread recently!

See here :- British soldiers in the Russian Revolution

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
The Glamorgan Yeomanry switched from cavelry to Artillery in 1922, and still exist in one of the troops of 104regt RA TA

Have a look for a book titled "Ignorant Armies". In it is described the events that led to a force being sent to Russia to prevent the perceived threat from Bolsheviks just after WW1. As Ex Coloniel states, there was a pretty well debated thread on here somewhere? Failing that, may i suggest a visit to the Great War Forum. There you will find many people who will help you trace the conflict in which your grandfather took part. Mind you, Petardier is also a good source of info for those researching Gunner units! Ask him nicely, and he may be able to help???

Good luck!!