Russian Arrsers query

According to the Daily Mail (not always the most balanced source) it is now illegal for Russians to speak to foreigners.
Vladimir Putin brings in law which makes it treason to talk to a foreigner | Mail Online
Would this extend to discussions on internet forums like ours? Although the article does not say so, I assume that there must be some penalty for a foreigner who chooses to speak to a Russian. Even if there is no fallout for the rest of us, I am sure that we would not wish to get any Russians into trouble.

Вы не можете верить всему, что пишут в почту

Well if that's true, Putin has just banned his own government from speaking to Assad and the Syrian regime... which means all there business ventures will fall through.

Well done Putin, you ******* dogs head.

Well if that's true, Putin has just banned his own government from speaking to Assad and the Syrian regime... which means all there business ventures will fall through.

He'll also have solved a fair few of the worlds problems by removing Russian influence from them haha

If this is true the Russki Pusski Hookerski will be having a thin time of it from now on!

No more marry a Russian babe web site? :?

Вы не можете верить всему, что пишут в почту
Specially if its in the Daily Mail.

They can still talk to matelots though!

Its a pretty serious piece of legislation. It really does allow the Kremlin to haul anyone before the courts on a treason charge with a potential 20-year penalty.

It potentially affects every foreign ngo and commercial organisation operating in Russia, and any Russian who works with such an organisation. The way the legislation is drafted effectively snares any Russian who has any sort of contact with a foreigner - i.e. even by email or web forum.

Thanks, I won't speak to Domovoy again. Shame about the Russian Brides site too. I'm sorry to say it, because Putin was working with the west to some extent (eg allowing supplies to cross into Afghanistan), but I think he's lost the plot. We'd better advise our citizens in Russia to consider their positions.

Just as well we don't have an extradition treaty with Russia, or people here could have been blackmailed for exchanging emails with Russians.

Well obviously the law doesn't apply to HIM, does it? Just people that he wants to disappear.

Seeing as a quick google of "Uncle Vlad" doesn't bring up any reference to Putin, I'm officially coining the term (a la Uncle Joe) and claiming it for ARRSE, England and Her Majesty. You heard it here first folks!

Interesting isn't it?

Bok 7 Nov 12.jpg