Russian army targets fat brass

#1
:lol: Russian Defense Ministry officers to take sports tests

MOSCOW. Feb 4 (Interfax-AVN) - All military officers serving at
Russia's Defense Ministry and General Staff, "from generals to
lieutenants," have been ordered to take tests in 1-kilometer and 100-
meter running, 100-meter swimming and handgun shooting, a Defense
Ministry spokesman said.
Female officers have somewhat lower targets than men, the spokesman
told Interfax-AVN.
Under rules approved in 2001, male officers aged between 45 and 50,
most of whom are colonels or generals, will fail the 1-kilometer running
test if they take more than 5 minutes 40 seconds (4 minutes is
considered "excellent" and 5 minutes "good").
In swimming tests for male officers of this age group, a 100-meter
distance must be covered in a maximum of 3 minutes 45 seconds, with 2
minutes 55 seconds considered "excellent" and 3 minutes 10 seconds
"good."
"I can't remember any such physical training tests ever being
arranged for generals and officers of the central departments of the
Defense Ministry and General Staff," a senior officer told Interfax-AVN.
The tests are to finish before the end of February.
 
#2
My son, lieutenant of Russian army in reserve is lifting...

85kg dumb-bell



170kg stone

 
#3
Looks like he's snaffled more than a few pies though. Besides lifting heavy objects is no measure of fitness. Geoff Capes was the worlds strongest man but that fat bastard couldn't catch a 5 year old on a tricycle if his life depended on it.
 
#4
So the Russian army had no annual\regular basic fitness tests?
 
#5
Ord_Sgt said:
Looks like he's snaffled more than a few pies though. Besides lifting heavy objects is no measure of fitness. Geoff Capes was the worlds strongest man but that fat fatherless couldn't catch a 5 year old on a tricycle if his life depended on it.
Sergey, perhaps you can arrange a meeting between your son and Ord_Sgt. He can call you're son a fat b@stard, then jump on a tricycle and see if your laddie can catch him! :twisted:

If possible, video of this event should be Posted on ARRSE. :D
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#6
They used to have to sleep out overnight in the snow with just normal winter greatcoats and a blanket, I suspect that was enough!
 
#7
Speedy said:
So the Russian army had no annual\regular basic fitness tests?
Exactly. Unlike British generals who as a rule look very sportive, Russian ones in many cases are softly speaking too fat.
 
#8
Werewolf said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Looks like he's snaffled more than a few pies though. Besides lifting heavy objects is no measure of fitness. Geoff Capes was the worlds strongest man but that fat fatherless couldn't catch a 5 year old on a tricycle if his life depended on it.
Sergey, perhaps you can arrange a meeting between your son and Ord_Sgt. He can call you're son a fat b@stard, then jump on a tricycle and see if your laddie can catch him! :twisted:

If possible, video of this event should be Posted on ARRSE. :D
Btw, my wife is a former officer of KGB and as a true Ukrainian woman has a very heavy hand and I believe she hasn't lost shooting skils. So, it would be highly unwise if our friend Ord_Srg would attempt to say something unpleasant toward her little kid. I fear that even a tricycle would be useless.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top