Russian Army Beauty Contest.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 10, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

MOSCOW, Russia (Reuters) -- Russian women soldiers strutted in uniform and took questions on army life Tuesday as they vied for the title of "Miss Epaulettes 2003," a beauty contest aimed at boosting the appeal of Russia's cash-strapped army.

A Defense Ministry spokesman said 16 finalists, chosen from 90,000 female engineers, liaison officers and medical staff, had to show their military aptitude.

"The aim is to make service in the armed forces more attractive," Colonel Vadim Tarasov of the Defense Ministry said. "We hope to promote the defense of the fatherland and to raise the prestige of army service."

The winner will be announced on the eve of March 8, International Women's Day and a public holiday in Russia.

Once the pride of the Soviet Union, Russia's million-strong army is chronically under-funded and plagued by desertions and reports of bullying among conscripts.

Women, unlike men, are not subject to the military draft in Russia but can volunteer for service, though not for combat.

I'm all for it..... When can we have a British Army Beauty Contest?
  2. Sky News showed this last Saturday.  Some very beautiful women.  Love the sight of a woman firing an AK.....
  3. Definitely some movement off the seam there.....

At the risk of sounding like a "Good Ol' Boy" all I need is Joely Richardson , nekkid, lying on the flag, draped over the bonnet of a Wolf, clutching a Minimi with a yellow handbag chillin '

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :) :)
  4. Nope, has to be Anna Friel, nakid, prone postion, holding AR15, supported against a case of Carlsberg.......... man, I need to get out more !!
  5. Her Imperial Babeness

Bastards! Eagle, have you still got that series of Joely Piccies?
  6. piccies?
  7. Damn and blast, that site has a hit limiter

I will remedy directly :)
  8. Is there such a thing as a Russian beauty

PTP you are barred from having an opinion on this, we all remember the flying crocapigs you posted in the Aviation thread. ;D
  9. Have you not seen Miss Kournikova?  Can you honestly tell me you would not drop to your knees and beg her to sit on your dong?  
  10. One out of a population of over 200,000,000 doesn't really qualify, the rest are all sweaty corn beef skinned shot putters ;D
  11. Jesus Gunny you are as bad as PTP

A moose with a makorev doesn't qualify as totty, and before you ask, nor does a trout with a tokorev. ;D

(Isn't that a CZ anyway) just to be a spotter
  12. PTP, he has a point, the original link had no photographic proof.  THe Photo posted by Gunny, is indeed a moose, she has all the attractiveness of a tin opener.  we need more proof.  
  13. This is a pic from the actual comp', believe it or not.  This young lady came first in the pistol shooting.
  14. And first in the 'Frighten all the spiders' event