Russian analyst predicts decline and breakup of U.S.

Just to make you laugh.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20081124/118512713.html

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.
Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."
He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all."

Makes a change from "US analyst predicts decline and breakup of Russia", I suppose.

Not as daft as it may seem. A fair few of the States would be able to go it alone. Texas being one. If a few of the states grow to be a bit of... burden shall we say. Like wise, it is the United States. Doesn´t say they have to stay that way.

Perhaps Canada could move South a bit, and Texas etc, absorb Mexico etc.

I wonder if this is the same analyst who failed to predict that the USSR would disappear up it's own arse only to be replaced by a shower of tin pot dictatorships lead by KGB trained mafiosi.

A leading Russian political analyst? Isn't that a bit like a Swiss naval expert?

Cuddles said:
A leading Russian political analyst? Isn't that a bit like a Swiss naval expert?
Not really, aren't they one of the world's largest marine engineering countries or something similar?

Further to Frog, Texas and California et al used to be part of Mexico till they were annexed by the freedom-loving USofA, so they could always 'revert' I suppose, and Canada take on parts of the north. Leave the east coast and mid-west all to themselves.

Then we can all run to the Ivans as we always wanted to. Mind if they keep mortgaging us to the gas and petrol we may have no choice.

cernunnos said:
I wonder if this is the same analyst who failed to predict that the USSR would disappear up it's own arse only to be replaced by a shower of tin pot dictatorships lead by KGB trained mafiosi.
Actually, a shower of tin pot dictatorships are currently led by US trained clowns. Whant some examples?
Estonia -- president Ilves, was born in Stockholm, grew up in the United States, until becoming Estonian president held US pasport;

Latvia -- Vaira VÄ«Ä·e-Freiberga president of "coloured revolution", grew up in Germany, lived in Canada tought humanities and served on the Canadian governmental consultative committee on the disposal of nuclear waste, in 1998 she moved to Latvia and the following year became Latvian president; current president Zatlers - a former member of ultra-right nationalistic "front" and is financially supported by US;

Lithuania -- president Valdas Adamkus grew up in Hitler's Germany, in 1949 emigrated to the United States, was a Republican and served in the US government prior to becoming Lithuanian president;

Ukraine -- president Yuschenko is a personal friend of Zbigniew Brzezinski, second wife Kateryna Chumachenko former ( :? ) U.S. State Department official, does not hide receiving financial help for Orange Revolution from US;

Georgia -- president Saakashvili -- a US trained lawyer, gets his wages from US funds in support of democracies :D .

Dwarf said:
Cuddles said:
Not really, aren't they one of the world's largest marine engineering countries or something similar?
No curiously enough they are not nor something similar, whatever that might be...geography one of your strong points is it??

WalterWarry said:
msr said:
Makes a change from "US analyst predicts decline and breakup of Russia", I suppose.
Not only "predicted" it actually happened.
Not so far it hasn't.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And throw in increasing ethnic tensions especially between anglophone and hispanic spams - I suppose it could break up but I think that it is more wishful thinking on the part of the usual anti_American suspects.

BuggerAll said:
And throw in increasing ethnic tensions especially between anglophone and hispanic spams - I suppose it could break up but I think that it is more wishful thinking on the part of the usual anti_American suspects.
Wistful thinking? I don't think anyone in his right mind would wish for a country awash with weaponry and so heavy on "yeh-ha! Let's kick some arrse! anyone is a Rambo" culture to go into a meltdown!

BuggerAll said:
Barak Obama seemed to be able to appeal to people of all ethnic backgrounds. His supporters seemed patriotic enough to be waving the flag and declare loyalty to the USA. I doubt it will fall apart anytime soon.

Seems like a bunch of wishful thinking. While the US is definately struggling, I don't see a break-up of states or Mexican/Canadian incursion happening by force.

Granted, we are being overrun by Mexico already and it's predicted that within 10-15 years, the majority population of Americans will be Latinos.

When the balloon goes up, I'll be comforted with knowing that I have plenty of beer, beans and bullets! :evil:

Attachments

BruteForce said:
Seems like a bunch of wishful thinking. While the US is definately struggling, I don't see a break-up of states or Mexican/Canadian incursion happening by force.

Granted, we are being overrun by Mexico already and it's predicted that within 10-15 years, the majority population of Americans will be Latinos.

When the balloon goes up, I'll be comforted with knowing that I have plenty of beer, beans and bullets! :evil:
Think yourself lucky, back home in Blighty give it 10-15 and the majority will be Johnny Islam.

Latest Threads