Russian AF will defend Moscow against snow

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. IIRC they used to do something similar before the May Day parade to ensure the party elite didn’t get drenched.
    A suburb of Moscow might experience a sudden unexpected deluge though.

It wouldn't happen here. It implies planning.
  3. More like it involves spending money on the armed thats NEVER going to happen :evil:
  4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I remember many, many years ago reading an article about the Mongolian Army firing silver coated shells into the clouds in order elicit precipitation. Don't recall how successful it was, or not.
  5. The Italians about 10 years ago were working on a bacterial enzyme that wouls eat fog. The idea was to use it to keep airfields and airports open. Never did hear if it worked.
  6. Be interesting to see what the Union of Civil Snow Shifters and Allied Trades have to say about THAT little move. :) :)
  7. I've heard of the Chinese spraying a chemical in the air that supposedly causes clouds to form or something. Something to save them from drought anyway.
  8. What are they going to be spraying? Agent Orange?
  9. Don't know where the mayor of Moscow will get a few million roubles to hire the Russian AF to seed clouds, but I suppose it's worth a try. It'll be hard on the old babushkas with their bristle brooms though. :lol:
  10. The Thai military do this,evidentally with quite some success.
  11. Well, Vampire attacks were down that year ...