Russian activist found murdered

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gallowglass, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No doubt another suicide or criminal act in 'no way' connected with a certain branch of the Russian Federal Government...of course, maybe this was out-sourced to the goon squad that surround that savage Kadyrov in Grozny?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8152351.stm

2. Two bullet wounds to the head - sounds like a perfectly normal (traffic) accident to me. Over to you, Sergey.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Oh come on, GG! I may as well say it before Sergey gets on line. There is absolutely no proof that that robust, honest and transparent organisation had anything to do with this. There is never any proof of them doing any wrong, ever! Why would you think anything like that?

of course, no-one has ever been able to last long enough to testify otherwise..... 8O

4. Nurdi Nukhajiev is an ombudsman for Chechnya

http://www.chechenombudsman.ru/

The killed woman was a member of the Council of experts attached to the ombudsman.

So she cooperated with official structures. Chechen authorities and the Kremlin are interested in calm and peacefull Chechnya and there are serious efforts to resolve all problems with human rights. The site I have mentioned contain a list of kidnapped and missed with all relevant details. There are instructions on the site how to fill a complaint.

I believe that ms.Estemirova was not a headache for the authorities. But she could dig too deep into activities of criminal gangs that have made kidnapping a profitable business.

However, anything is possible in Chechya. By the way, she was found in Ingushetia, not in Chechya. It could (only could) point to Ingush gangsters. Today I have heard on radio Echo of Moscow that personal motives could be involved.

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Remember the 'sugar sacks' that were actually explosives placed by the KGB in those blocks of flats in the late 1990's, which were intended to be blamed on 'Chechen Terrorists', just like the previous apartment block, subway and bus bombings? Of course you do....State manouevered/orchestrated terrorism on its own people, conveniently blamed on the people they were about to launch another War against. Only it failed, was covered up, and Litvinenko wrote about later on....which contributed to his murder at Putin's behest.

Russia is always plotting underhanded tactics and spygames so as to sow the seeds of unrest in its disputed or former territories. Thats why nobody trusts them, anywhere in the World.

You really are a boring Kremlin mouthpiece, Sergei. I don't think you've ever conceeded a single point on the underhanded and seedy way that Moscow forces its will on others, butchers its own citizens when they step out of line, and damn the rights of anyone and any country that gets in their way.

6. That'll teach her for meddling! :)

7. They were real terror acts. Allegation that they were staged by FSB are no more than allegations.

Mr.Putin (a PM in 1999) has a sufficient cause to unleash the second Chechen war taking into account that Chechen fighters crossed the border with intetion to create a Halifat.

And even if FSB is so cynical to stage terror acts with hundreds of victims then one explosion would be more than enough. But there was a series of explosions.

Late mr.Litvinenko made his allegations in attempt to make money on this cheap sensation.

Russia is always plotting underhanded tactics and spygames so as to sow the seeds of unrest in its disputed or former territories. Thats why nobody trusts them, anywhere in the World.

You really are a boring Kremlin mouthpiece, Sergei. I don't think you've ever conceeded a single point on the underhanded and seedy way that Moscow forces its will on others, butchers its own citizens when they step out of line, and damn the rights of anyone and any country that gets in their way.[/quote]

8. Human Rights activists... is there any lower form of life?

Oh if only it was Cherie Blair!

9. I have concluded that in Russia "the authorities" are herders of "criminal gangs" heavily interlocked with the vast web of current and former clandestine service personnel. Of course this does not mean every nosy do-gooder found in a ditch is the Kremlin's work. Russia has never been that well ordered.

It may well be some local thug (ordinary decent criminal or government official) took offense. The Caucasuses is a rough spot.

Or perhaps someone from on high did not like the shape of her nose, expressed a lack of interest in her continued existence and some tidy minded underling arranged matters. These thing do happen rather too often to awkward folk who were well connected and led previously charmed lives.

10. My mistake - I should have of course said 'firearms maintenance accident', because as we blatant Russophobes here on ARRSE well know, human rights activists in Russia, Chechnya and environs are always bundling themselves into vehicles and then shooting themselves- twice - in the back of the head...

She was also a member of the Memorial group, which was independent as far as I can tell.

Yes, but she was abducted in Chechnya and found in Ingushetia, where quite a large number of Chechens live if I recall.

I keep trying to read this paragraph with a straight face, but can't.

Oh, I don’t know. There seems to be some evidence to suggest otherwise. The attacks were awfully convenient for the then recently-installed President Putin.

Ah, I see – so it's standard FSB operating procedure to use just the one bomb when (theoretically) targeting civilians as part of a false flag operation?…right, I think I’ve got that.

11. Gallowglass, there are too few 'Russophobes here, if any.

Ms.Estemirova was also a member of civil commision for supervising of detention centres. The day of killing was very busy.She planned to take part in Police operation and visit local prosecutors office.

Indeed there are 20% Chechens and 77% Ingushes in Ingushetia. But as for criminal world then each ethnical gang has own territory.

Now Russian TV-1 has showed pres.Mevedev (he is in Germany now) who promissed to do everything possible to find the criminals. He paid tribute to the killed woman and warned about 'primitive versions'.

I have heard that initially relations between Chechen pres.Kadyrov and ms.Estemirova were good but later they were spoiled. The woman promoted liberal, secular views. She advocated rights of women. But the son of Mufty in fact imposed Islamic dress code in Chechnya.

As for the appartment bombings in Moscow then the very idea that they were made by Russian secret services is absurd.

I believe that mr.Brown and previously mr.Blair, the vast majority of British politicians prefer to see NI calm and peacefull. The sane is true for Chechnya (i mean of course Russian politicians).

12. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/from-beyond-the-grave-a-searing-indictment-of-putins-proteg-1750087.html

13. It was not published just because ms.Estemirova haven't written this article. It is a typical forgery, an exaple of black propaganda.

Ms.Estemirova war a serious reseacher and a defender of human rights. She investigated real cases with date, place.

Btw, the Independent doesn't say who presented the article to the newspaper.

14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

The "sugar sacks" incident in Ryazan was declared an 'exercise' by Moscow, despite meaning an entire apartment block was evacuated in the middle of the night in freezing weather, despite 4 shady characters (later revealed as officials from the FSB from their car registration) being seen planting the sacks and blasting caps, and all this so soon after real attacks (which have been called state murder to foment public anger against 'Chechen terrorists' ahead of another stage - managed War) which is baffling - why have Exercises so soon after real attacks? Pointless. Oh, and what about the two soldiers who were poisoned when they used 'sugar' from the confiscated sacks (in the military base the sacks were removed to, sugar needing to be locked up securely of course...) in their tea.

Simply put, Russia is the King of murdering and intimidating its own citizens, and has no respect of individual freedoms or human rights. The people have become so used to such things over time, they barely even question or notice it now.

15. Mate, what do you know about realities on the ground. Btw, some terror acts were prevented. The terrorists planned to blow a big residential building that is lockaed 900m (3000ft) from the house where I live.

Scenarios of the explosions that alas happened were similar. 'Traders' hired undegrounds of residential buildings to store 'goods'. It was sugar with 'additions'. Immediately as the method was understood a massive operation across Russia was launched - to check all undegrounds.

In some cases FSB in turn checked how local police perform the order to check all undegrounds.

In one very democratic country the police uses to shoot innocent people in the underground without any cause and without any punishment. The people have become so used to such things over time, they barely even question or notice it now.