Russia + Venezuela + Iran = Wars a Comming

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With Russia effectively bristling at the presence of NATO vessels in the Black Sea, and Putin saying "You'll see!!" when asked what the response will be... it appears that Russia and Venezuela may stage a joint naval exercise at the end of the year.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g7rJ2wsyU-lwLe2noRHRoj-gJH5wD932G3S04

I am sure as we are all aware of America's raising concerns and recent actions over Hezbollah in Latin America that such a move although stated as not being aimed at a 3rd country, it patently is...

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/market_news/article.jsp?content=D91CMBS81

So an increase in deployments for combined US 2nd & 4th fleets then it seems.

For some added spice, there is this clear and present danger, how about these two gems of wisdom:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3592993,00.html

And from this Israeli Article published at the same time:

Original Source (in Hebrew) - http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART1/780/050.html

Quite a bit louder than mere Saber rattling going on here one suspects.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

But didn't Liabour say terrorism was the only threat these days? So we don't have to worry a bout these other things, besides isn't the Venezualan Navy bigger than ours now.

3. Looks like I best get up in the loft and dig out the 58 pattern webbing and SMG sling then!

P-T

4. Liabour thinks everything will happen at the front door (they have forgotten people can sneak around to the back) and be a nuisance their

5. Indeed they did, once again demonstrating their wholesale ability to be completely out of touch with something we like to call reality.

What they mean to say but are incapable is they've almost bankrupted the British Economy, have massively over borrowed on future budgets to throw money at getting the "National Back Stabber Inc of bastard bankers" out of the hole they've collectively dug into, so they can use the threat level possed by a bunch of rag-heids wishing to go on holiday with plutonium bombs in suitcases as a reason to crawl up our own arrses and sink the rest of the remainder of the British Navy over the next 25 years.

6. An absolute cracking rant. I am in awe. May I borrow that at some point int he future. It says it all and it says it well. Respect !! :clap: :worship:

D_B

7. Fooking hilarious.
    All they have to do it wait a little longer until Brown has sold all the shiney new Typhoons to whoever will take them and we have run out of spare parts for Tornado's
    The Navy have very little left in the cupboard to deal with it.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

We'll defend it with UAVs. the manned aircraft is finished........I know, the MOD said so under instruction from Nu Arbeit.

9. Err wasn't the same shiote spouted in the 1950's?
    The manned aircraft is dead etc etc.

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So is defence going to become a party political issue again like during the cold war? Liarbour are traditionally sh1te and hate the military, the Tories have been traditionally sh1te but like the military.

Without additional funding our interests may well be under threat and there will be nothing we can do about it, scary thought.

11. So, let me see if I understand you. You think Russia is wrong to be miffed that NATO are conducting naval exercises in the Black Sea, but America is right to be miffed that the Russians are going to exercise with Venzuela?

Smacks of double standards to me. Either exercising near to somebody else's coast is, or is not, threatening. You can't have it both ways - unless of course, one or the other turns exercise into attack.

12. Feel free ;)

13. Not really, it isn't a zero sum game; geo-politics rarely are.

The histories of both continents are dramatically different as are the capabilities of both the US and Russian navies. Russia is almost smack up against NATO countries and NATO ships have patrolled the Black Sea for a generation.

On the other hand it really isn't such a big deal, the combined 'fleet' of Russian ships to be involved is six I believe. Nothing more than a show.

14. Not really, it isn't a zero sum game; geo-politics rarely are.

The histories of both continents are dramatically different as are the capabilities of both the US and Russian navies. Russia is almost smack up against NATO countries and NATO ships have patrolled the Black Sea for a generation.

On the other hand it really isn't such a big deal, the combined 'fleet' of Russian ships to be involved is six I believe. Nothing more than a show.

15. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a destroyer (any money says it's the Admiral Chabanenko, it's the only surface unit of the Northern Fleet that seems fully ready), a tanker to get it there, and a tug in case anything goes wrong.