Russia stops buying Kalashnikovs

So when they upgrade will they decommission all old weapons or will they sell them off to the highest African / Asian bidder?

ugly

LE
Not really that surprising they've already got a massive stock and their armed forces are about to get very much smaller (as much as 90% for ground forces) so they'll have a surplus of weapons from chopped units.

Not really that surprising they've already got a massive stock and their armed forces are about to get very much smaller (as much as 90% for ground forces) so they'll have a surplus of weapons from chopped units.
There's not going to be a shortage then?

Was that the pink one?
No, the one before that, an smg-looking type of thing, not an AK. Maybe his kid's toy AK?

Mr. Phukov had a picture of Stalin on his wall. I wouldn't have thought he'd be popular still.

a murderous tryant that remains in power for years and years.
noth to do with the nice mr putain then comrade:)

Fronty

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
MP5. The mag looks 9mm and the front end looks too ergonomic for anything eastern bloc.

Loving the pink AK though. maybe they could do a limited edition Hello Kitty one...

Loving the pink AK though. maybe they could do a limited edition Hello Kitty one...
Surely not, I thought.

Well no-one's going to tell you it's vulgar.

Attachments

Pretty much what I thought, or a toy "stumpy M16"
It's great how the BBC journo selected the library pictures for an item about the AK.

"Yep, that's got a curvy bullet-box thingy, so that's a Kalashnikov."

Imagine a few years down the line, how much will the 'Oldski and Boldski' be going on and on along the lines of, 'That is not a proper rifle tovaritch. What we had, THAT was a proper rifle: We called it the elephantgunski'.

Imagine a few years down the line, how much will the 'Oldski and Boldski' be going on and on along the lines of, 'That is not a proper rifle tovaritch. What we had, THAT was a proper rifle: We called it the elephantgunski'.
Possibly already the case from when they switched from AK47 to AK74. I can't imagine any new weapon would be smaller calibre than the current 5.45mm.

Reading the BBC page got me thinking, what do they actually use these days.

After all the original AK 47 - AKM - AK74 - AK74M to this years model Putin shown up-to-date Kalashnikov assault rifles | Video | RIA Novosti

So how accurate is it, can you hit someone at 800m.

On a side note Guns of the South is a good book to read.
Imagine some disgruntled AWB gentlemen, selling AKs to The Army of Northern Virginia in early 1864.

The new toy: AK-200

[video=youtube;jXONA4YZX0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXONA4YZX0A]Putin praises new Kalashnikov AK-200 Assault rifle - YouTube[/video]

Shown at 1.55. That bloke Mr Putin hugs with all the medals is Mr Kalashnikov himself. Apart from the weird haircut that newsreader is pretty hot, I need to get myself another Russian girlfriend. The daft accent is endearing too.

AK-200 rifle: The 21st Century AK | The Firearm Blog

It's great how the BBC journo selected the library pictures for an item about the AK.

"Yep, that's got a curvy bullet-box thingy, so that's a Kalashnikov."
"Guns? Oh no, don't know anything about those. Noisy, nasty, beastly things - do you know, people are always killing each other with them. Everyone who touches one becomes a murderer!"