Russia set to buy 500 combat vehicles from France

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by fantassin, Mar 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Russia is in talks with French military manufacturer Panhard on the purchase of 500 light armored vehicles for its border guards, a Russian military think-tank said on Friday.

"Negotiations are being held on [the purchase of] 3.1-ton light armored vehicles Vehicule Blinde Leger on a 4x4 wheel platform," the Center for the Analysis of the World Arms Trade said on its website, citing Panhard Chairman Christian Mons.

The contract could amount to $260 million, the statement said.

More at:

Russia set to buy 500 combat vehicles from France | Defense | RIA Novosti

According to people in the know, the next item in line for the Russian shopping spree in France is supposed to be FELIN systems (FRA equivalent to FIST).
  2. Probably a few Red Army old and bold scratching their heads!

3. On top of the aircraft carrier deal, the French really do have their act together don't they?
  4. Will make AFV recognition difficult if the Cold War should ever start again, maybe that's the plan......

Actually, thinking about it, the french vehicles will have white flags, silly me........
  5. Be warned. I followed a link from that website about a Russian news item on there and my virus detection software went ape! Multiple threats detected with a recommened shut down and re-boot.