Russia says Britain run by messianic cult

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bearstillinthewoods, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's one for Sergey, from Russia's annual foreign policy review published today:

"Britain remains important for us, although not an easy partner. The main resources for future development of Russian-British ties are in trade, the economy and investment cooperation, as well as joint activity in the sphere of counterterrorism, which has, however, limitations in the form of London's known position on the problem of so-called "new political émigrés". Despite the scale of our cooperation, bilateral relations and cooperation in the international arena are held back by the plainly messianic attitudes of a significant section of the British political elite, including in regard to internal political processes within Russia."

2. They would say that, or something similar, wouldn't they? It'd be odd if the UK section of that document was totally pro.

3. Run by a messianic cnut more like!

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Nearly. Replace the 'l' with a 'n'

B-F You beat me to it :D

5. Great humour! How satisifying!

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Sun Versus Stars.

I think the Russians have a point...

7. What exactly do they mean by "messianic cult"? Just that we're willing to pursue inquiries into things like the Litvinenko case?

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I think its a direct reference to Bliar and the rapture/millenarian bug he seems to have caught...

9. :thumright:

10. Ah I see Sergy was not in the office on the day this report wuz written.
    He knows who runs Britian and just who's arsse is on the line.
    john

11. I think it's a bald statement of the truth - "the cult of Tony Blair" is fairly well established. He is treated as a messiah by the upper echelons of government and gets his way practically all the time, even when there has been initial cabinet opposition.
    Whether this relationship between PM and Government (Not necessarily party) will continue is rather an interesting question. They might develop a quite different opinion of Gordon.

Altogether now:
    "He's not the new Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

12. Those FSB burggers are good - very good :eek:

13. In Russian language the word 'messianic' doesn't denote anything sinister.

In many cases it means idte fixe - a theory, idea, point of view that has been fixed in somebody's brains.

Some Western leaders (Rt.Hon.,learned mr.Blair is a bright example) adore idea of 'true democracy'. The leaders believe that type of democracy that was elaborated in their countries is the best possible and their messianic mission is to spread the democracy worldwide.

14. Sergey, Bliars a narcissistic total cnut.

15. Well, he speaks well of you, M2003...