Russia - Rogue Nation at it again

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Well according to @Grey Fox what you do in private is perfectly fine in Russia. You can shag goats, have manlove even be a paedophile:

Well, maybe not:
You can be anytihing, withiut violation of lawful rights of other Russian citizens. They can not be punished for 'being paedophilic'. They can be punished for 'raping children'.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
The previous Novichok threads have (understandably) been locked so I'll drop this in here:

'Third man' named in Skripal poisoning

The 'third man' has been identified by Bellingcat. Denis Vyacheslavovich Sergeev of the GRU is reported to have arrived in the UK at the same time as the sightseeing poisoners.

He is also reported as having previously travelled to Bulgaria, at which point a Bulgarian arms dealer needed hospital treatment following poisoning. Funny that, isn't it?

Moscow are playing the bewildered innocent card -
"We don't know how far this corresponds with reality, whether it's real at all.
"We don't know what the report's authors based their work on - how competent they are - who they are - and whether this is true at all."

Well you have to give Russia marks for effort even if the content stinks. Presumably their response will firm up to begin blaming NATO, Porton Down and Brexit once the spontaneous reaction notes have been typed and distributed. Expect the usual St. Petersburg suspects to disappear and them come back with a unified response in a day or so.

Slime

LE
The previous Novichok threads have (understandably) been locked so I'll drop this in here:

The 'third man' has been identified by Bellingcat. Denis Vyacheslavovich Sergeev of the GRU is reported to have arrived in the UK at the same time as the sightseeing poisoners.

He is also reported as having previously travelled to Bulgaria, at which point a Bulgarian arms dealer needed hospital treatment following poisoning. Funny that, isn't it?

"We don't know what the report's authors based their work on - how competent they are - who they are - and whether this is true at all."

Well you have to give Russia marks for effort even if the content stinks. Presumably their response will firm up to begin blaming NATO, Porton Down and Brexit once the spontaneous reaction notes have been typed and distributed. Expect the usual St. Petersburg suspects to disappear and them come back with a unified response in a day or so.
This thread is running:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/news-story-novichok-nerve-agent-use-in-salisbury-uk-government-response.274439/page-153#post-9095749

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*

He-he-he. Theresa have her Mayday, but still want to sell her "Brexit without brexit". I think, she should hire better skriptwriters to her "The Russian Poisoners" pseudo-reality TV show.

Another Western politician gets ensnared, and democracy wobbles a little more.

'Austrian Vice-Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache, a key figure of the European far-right, resigned Saturday after explosive revelations from a hidden camera sting, just days before key EU elections. "I tendered my resignation as vice-chancellor of Austria to Chancellor Kurz, and he accepted this decision," an emotional Strache said in a televised statement.

'Media reports emerged on Friday alleging that Strache promised public contracts in return for campaign help from a fake Russian backer he met in a luxury villa on the island of Ibiza a few months before 2017's parliamentary elections in Austria.'

Austria coalition in chaos as far-Right vice chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache forced to resign over Russian oligarch claims

Slime

LE

'Austrian Vice-Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache, a key figure of the European far-right, resigned Saturday after explosive revelations from a hidden camera sting, just days before key EU elections. "I tendered my resignation as vice-chancellor of Austria to Chancellor Kurz, and he accepted this decision," an emotional Strache said in a televised statement.

'Media reports emerged on Friday alleging that Strache promised public contracts in return for campaign help from a fake Russian backer he met in a luxury villa on the island of Ibiza a few months before 2017's parliamentary elections in Austria.'

Austria coalition in chaos as far-Right vice chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache forced to resign over Russian oligarch claims
Serves him right imho.

Austrian politics have been in the headlights for quite a while due to their far right leanings, anything good or bad in Austria would be newsworthy, he should have known better.

In this instance it’s alleged that it was a Russian oligarch being involved with a far right politician, but for Putin he’s got a propensity also to be best mates with far right and authoritarian leaders, generally of failing or what he thinks would be states which would help him undermine NATO, the US and the west.

It’s not really in the end doing him and Russia any favours and is backfiring.

This opinion piece is outlining why Russia should draw in its horns and redirect its foreign policy, and stop getting involved in foreign adventures and interference. I agree with most of it but take issue with the suggestion that Crimea should still be occupied. I think the usual idiot poster will cry it down as being written by a westie.

It’s Time to Rethink Russia’s Foreign Policy Strategy

In this instance it’s alleged that it was a Russian oligarch being involved with a far right politician, but for Putin he’s got a propensity also to be best mates with far right and authoritarian leaders, generally of failing or what he thinks would be states which would help him undermine NATO, the US and the west.

It’s not really in the end doing him and Russia any favours and is backfiring.

This opinion piece is outlining why Russia should draw in its horns and redirect its foreign policy, and stop getting involved in foreign adventures and interference. I agree with most of it but take issue with the suggestion that Crimea should still be occupied. I think the usual idiot poster will cry it down as being written by a westie.

It’s Time to Rethink Russia’s Foreign Policy Strategy
From my point of view the article contains many right points, correct considerations and conclusions.
However, there are a few points that I don't agree with completely.
Moscow’s forceful response to events in Ukraine, in turn, forced its two closest partners, Belarus and Kazakhstan, to accelerate their movement away from Russia...
Just now I'm in Minsk and I don't feel that Belarus is moving away from Russia and even 'accelerates' the movement.
The attitude to the Russians in Minsk is the best possible. Minsk is Russian speaking city and locals speak standard Russian without even slightest accent.
Remarkably announcements in public transport are only in Belorussian (in Metro also in English).
It is a uniques situation - announcements in public transport are being made in language that nobody uses in real life.
Btw, beer here is excellent.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
As I read KGB’s post I was also watching the Eurovision Song Contest, and the dross from Russia is on.

I wonder If Russia will show the whole programme this year............or cut out bits they don’t agree with like in previous years.

I've just emailed the Russian embassy with a link to the moron's profile pages & a couple of his really stupid posts.
Along with a suggestion his inane drivel is having an entirely negative effect on peoples' perception of Russia & its people. :mrgreen:

ETA Pages because I included his YarS one too...
Thank you Comrade.

As I read KGB’s post I was also watching the Eurovision Song Contest, and the dross from Russia is on.

I wonder If Russia will show the whole programme this year............or cut out bits they don’t agree with like in previous years.
Im not going to challenge them on that

If it was up to me it would be edited here as well

And up next is the Eur vis contest.... and that was the eur vis competition
For the results just think about who has upset who this year

The quality of Bellingkat's information certainly has the character of coming from someone on the inside.

Any change of a platoon swinging by the Paddington Green / Edgware Rd area....
I know the area well....full of women wearing clothing training them to be T-55 tank drivers with child bearing buggies before them, in 1972 Sussex Gardens was full of rich people..... now the (Hammersmith flyover) Edgware road is full of Arabs smoking Hookhah's outside mobile phone shops.... one of many... none of which can make a profit, but still they persist, year in, year out.

Last edited:
I know the area well....full of women wearing clothing training them to be T-55 tank drivers with child bearing buggies before them, in 1972 Sussex Gardens was full of rich people..... now the (Hammersmith flyover) Edgware road is full of Arabs smoking Hookhah's outside mobile phone shops.... one of many... none of which can make a profit, but still they persist, year in, year out.
Marylebone Flyover.
Rest of it, spot on.
Police mate reckons those wee shops - only so many phones can be bought - are fronts for......?

Latest Threads