Russia - Rogue Nation at it again

Screenshot_20181126-073216~2.png

I would also imagine you'll be in a country without internet in a few hours as well.....

Stay safe dude.
Snipped, but simply to echo the last sentence. Stay safe.

Red nation but not that red that it shows like in the old days.

Sounds about right...

The usual mob of drooling trollskis should be out from under their rocks any time now.

Thanks, apart from the surprise leading me to describe Russia as a nation of make-up wearers rather than a bunch of renegades - so far nothing, The Ukes are trying to round-up reservists but I don't expect that to go too well, there doesn't seem to be the same feeling of patriotism and loyalty to the country as the UK but then I suppose the place has only been independent for 27 or so years and it's been a badly organised and corrupt bag-o-shite since then.

I'm thinking Czechoslovakia 1938 - A far-away land of which we know little. It's not too big a leap to link Hitler's Germany with Putin's Russia in that respect. Stir up the 'ethnic' locals, say you're responding to 'save' them etc, then before you know it Panzer vor!

Last edited:
And it's not if we can send ships anytime soon. As I've pointed out in a related thread, 14 days' notice is required under the so-called Montreux Convention to send non Black Sea ships to the Black Sea; there are also aggregate tonnage limitations and type limitations (ie no submarines or aircraft carriers; embarked aircraft eg helos cannot be used).

The horrors inflicted by the Russians during the occupation of Crimea will hopefully emerge. It wasn't a peaceful takeover, by any means.

Evidently an offensive move co-ordinated across Russian government agencies - judging by the instant deluge of bot comments across online media.

My wife's Ukrainian.....it seemed like a good place to retire early..... Ah well
Hmmm...
the place has only been independent for 27 or so years and it's been a badly organised and corrupt bag-o-shite since then.
Admittedly you were RAF but, still, that's a pretty low bar for 'good.'

Surely, the question is why now ? to whose benefit and is this a pre-planned provocation, or something on going and the Ukrainians were drawn into a reaction.

Lots of interesting stuff on the news regarding the Ukranian president with his political ambitions being suspect in calling for martial law.

However:

Not the bloody Crimea again!

Thanks, apart from the surprise leading me to describe Russia as a nation of make-up wearers rather than a bunch of renegades - so far nothing, The Ukes are trying to round-up reservists but I don't expect that to go too well, there doesn't seem to be the same feeling of patriotism and loyalty to the country as the UK but then I suppose the place has only been independent for 27 or so years and it's been a badly organised and corrupt bag-o-shite since then.

I'm thinking Czechoslovakia 1938 - A far-away land of which we know little. It's not too big a leap to link Hitler's Germany with Putin's Russia in that respect. Stir up the 'ethnic' locals, say you're responding to 'save' them etc, then before you know it Panzer vor!
Stay safe.

I have to say I think calling for martial law is a bit extreme at the moment. I can't see the reason for it.

As for what happened over the weekend, it's been brewing for some time with Russia pushing the boundaries with intimidation of shipping and putting a strangle on the Kerch straits.

Surely, the question is why now ? to whose benefit and is this a pre-planned provocation, or something on going and the Ukrainians were drawn into a reaction.
The Russians seized three naval ships in Ukrainian Territorial waters yesterday - the final straw after the occupation and annexation of Krim and their illegal war in Donbas. Even Uke politicians can stop being corrupt shit-bags in bed with the enemy long enough to realise you have to draw the line somewhere.

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46340283

The Bear is not so cuddly and innocent as some here would have you think....